Sammy about EJ: "That's my guy"

scribo

I sort of recall hearing similar things in past offseasons about Trent Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick "he's throwing the ball better" "looks more poised", etc.

Past performance does not guarantee future results....especially when you are talking about different players.

I'm not sure what the context is either, but if Sammy is saying that they need to run better routes because otherwise Orton will yell at them, then it's dismaying, much in the way Amaro saying it was Rex's fault for players showing up late.

Honestly I don't think it was much of anything about anyone. He also tells (I think) Orton not to self destruct later in the video after the pick six. I don't think it's a good idea to take most of what these guys say as deep thoughts when they are miked up. Amaro on the other hand, I think he was just kissing up to the new coach and throwing his old one under the bus at the same time haha.

Edited by What a Tuel

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sort of recall hearing similar things in past offseasons about Trent Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick "he's throwing the ball better" "looks more poised", etc.

Edwards actually was doing better and then got knocked out in AZ. Changed him for the rest of his career.

Edwards actually was doing better and then got knocked out in AZ. Changed him for the rest of his career.

^ Myth

Edwards played well against 4 of the worst teams in the NFL early on, then was injured in Arizona, then came the bye week, followed by the best game of his career against SD.

He went downhill when coaches adjusted to what he could do (short and intermediate timing patterns), not because of an injury.

IMO Trent was getting killed behind a bad O Line and lost his confidence

So, because other QBs have been reported as working and improving over the offseason, but then ended up not being great, that guarantees EJ sucks? Is that what we're going with now?

why yes isn't that obvious? :pirate:

So, because other QBs have been reported as working and improving over the offseason, but then ended up not being great, that guarantees EJ sucks? Is that what we're going with now?

Show me where one person used the word guarantee. Or is this where we bastardize someone into an untenable position to prove that we're correct about something? Is that what we're going with now?

Edited by FireChan

Show me where one person used the word guarantee. Or is this where we bastardize someone into an untenable position to prove that we're correct about something? Is that what we're going with now?

The insinuation is there. Let's just see how it plays out, rather than **** on a guy for working during the offseason.

Fitzy came in and played behind the same OL and was better by a significant margin.

again you have a young guy who lost his confidence vs a vet who may be used to it.

The insinuation is there. Let's just see how it plays out, rather than **** on a guy for working during the offseason.

this HGH and he enjoys it

The point is it's nothing to get excited over. That just because a QB is being recognized for doing well during the offseason doesn't mean he's truly gotten better.

The point is it's nothing to get excited over. That just because a QB is being recognized for doing well during the offseason doesn't mean he's truly gotten better.

It's something to be hopeful about, particularly if you are inclined to think that those who have already buried EJ's career are presumptive in doing so.

Off-season, and a player and ex-player say encouraging things: is life so miserable for you that you have to dump on the tiny bit of joy someone might take from this?

the point is this

It is too early to give up on the guy

how many other guys look good in camp then suck in real games ? 10, 20, 50 100?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

It's something to be hopeful about, particularly if you are inclined to think that those who have already buried EJ's career are presumptive in doing so.

Off-season, and a player and ex-player say encouraging things: is life so miserable for you that you have to dump on the tiny bit of joy someone might take from this?

Is a conflicting opinion so heinous to you that you feel the need to silence it?

Is a conflicting opinion so heinous to you that you feel the need to silence it?

What, my response is "silencing" the poster? Ridiculous.

On several other boards I post on, a certain individual doesn't offer a counter-argument.

He just shouts, "Idiot." He's actually shrieking his own name, but that is trying to silence someone.

Is that where you're going with now?

You who said that I should not post in threads you started

On several other boards I post on, a certain individual doesn't offer a counter-argument.

He just shouts, "Idiot." He's actually shrieking his own name, but that is trying to silence someone.

you are dealing with the King of Obfuscation (aka a Troll - who loves the attention)

Why else would you resort to a personal attack? To make him feel good about posting his opinion?

Why else would you resort to a personal attack? To make him feel good about posting his opinion?

Well, I think a snide dismissal of what others are taking as a hopeful sign is worthy of being denigrated.

If this offends you to the point of making a big production with me over it, I am sorry to have ruffled your delicate sensibility.

Im not going to go search for posts but I have seen numerous which claimed EJ would never be a good QB.

You love to quibble about the tiniest parts of losts and ignore the overall post. Its a nice message board trick but adds little to the conversation.

Are you really going there???

he who insults people here and rags on them in the shoutbox?

really? :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

he asked why you are such a grump not really an insult