Happy Tax Day

I mention this every year but I really wish everyone would, at least once, have not taxes deducted from their paychecks and have to write a check on April 15th. Then those wanting a larger government will think twice about what that actually means. Writing those checks really hurt. :censored:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have mine deducted, and my life is so damn simple that I'm still on the 1040EZ, but I get that rush of anger every two weeks when I look at my pay stub - if I had to write a check for my taxes every year, then I'd probably snap so badly that you'd see the results on the national news. It's appalling to me that the feds can take so much from every working citizen and still be so far in debt. There's just no excuse for it.

I still have mine deducted, and my life is so damn simple that I'm still on the 1040EZ, but I get that rush of anger every two weeks when I look at my pay stub - if I had to write a check for my taxes every year, then I'd probably snap so badly that you'd see the results on the national news. It's appalling to me that the feds can take so much from every working citizen and still be so far in debt. There's just no excuse for it.

The greater injustice is that they turn every legitimate business in the country into federal tax collectors, and don't pay them for the service.

The greater injustice is that they turn every legitimate business in the country into federal tax collectors, and don't pay them for the service.

Yet they always claim to be understaffed and underfunded, while holding lavish conventions and targeting right-wing non-profits.

When's the revolution? I'm in.

It already came and went. It started pretty strong, but then they got called 'teabaggers' and 'racists' by the national media before getting targeted by the IRS to be shamed and threatened into being silent.

It's good to be king.

We write a check 4 times per year, VERY different than an employer doing it. Plus we tend to write another check to sure up the balance.

I'm am very close to only voting for candidates who support a flat/ fair tax system as one of their largest priorities. The paperwork we provided this year was an inch thick and took me a full work day to organize. I know no system as messy as the tax system other than Anerican Healthcare being a close second. Also, a flat/ fair tax would strip politicians of so much influence and power, to me, it is the single biggest tool to manipulate our citizenry.

Shouldn't the check be for the same amount?

Not sure I follow the question but you have to file your return by the 15th and pay whatever. The extension is only an extension on the payment until the 15th of October when the balance is due.

Wow. As bad as Cali is, May 3, not as bad as NY, NJ, CT, and Md. All between May 5-13. NJ is at May 13.

Yeah, it's bad alright, but I thought it was worse. I was under the impression that tax freedom day was some time in June, so this was actually a surprise to me.