Get your taxes done by 8:30 on 4.15

LewPort71

... because the USMNT is playing a 'friendly' match against Mexico. Televised by FoxSports 1.

Lots of young guys will play in this match.

The matches against Mexico are always interesting.

So the penalty for waiting to do your taxes is being forced to watch kickball? Hard to imagine hating something more than the IRS but it is possible.

Don't insult the good name of kickball by comparing it to a bunch of guys mild jogging on a field, kicking a ball back and forth for 90ish (or whatever the ref decides) minutes.

Soccer's a cute little game.

My favorite part was getting orange juice and Capri Sun at halftime. And then getting in Connor's mom's minivan to go to his house and play Wii.

... because the USBNT is playing a 'friendly' match against Mexico. Televised by FoxSports 1.

Lots of young guys will play in this match.

The matches against Mexico are always interesting.

fixed.

Soccer players should play a manly sport, like baseball. It's normally a hard fought 3-4 hour, 9 inning game. They've got to worry about getting splinters from spending 50% of the game sitting on their asses. When they're on the field, they have to fight off sleep while the pitcher does everything. When they do get a ball hit toward them, they might have to take a few steps to get it and then throw it back. You have to swing a bat like 12-15 times a game. Arms get tired. They have to be in peak psychical condition, no fatties.

There are some perks though. They get to fondle each others asses quite frequently throughout the game, which is cool, if you like that sort of thing. They get to chew tobacco during the game, orange slices are for pu$$ies who actually exert themselves. They also get to wear cool makeup under their eyes.

Soccer players should play a manly sport, like baseball. It's normally a hard fought 3-4 hour, 9 inning game. They've got to worry about getting splinters from spending 50% of the game sitting on their asses. When they're on the field, they have to fight off sleep while the pitcher does everything. When they do get a ball hit toward them, they might have to take a few steps to get it and then throw it back. You have to swing a bat like 12-15 times a game. Arms get tired. They have to be in peak psychical condition, no fatties.

There are some perks though. They get to fondle each others asses quite frequently throughout the game, which is cool, if you like that sort of thing. They get to chew tobacco during the game, orange slices are for pu$$ies who actually exert themselves. They also get to wear cool makeup under their eyes.

I love how the goalies get to wear their own special colored jerseys. And the ads on the jerseys, really show the integrity of the sport. And real men pretend to be hurt to get an advantage in a game.

I'm not saying soccer players aren't in good shape, I'm just saying it's boring to watch from a spectator point of view. The Canadians saw the potential in the sport. But shortened the playing field, got sticks, replaced the ball with a puck, and put it on ice.

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

I love how the goalies get to wear their own special colored jerseys. And the ads on the jerseys, really show the integrity of the sport. And real men pretend to be hurt to get an advantage in a game.

I'm not saying soccer players aren't in good shape, I'm just saying it's boring to watch from a spectator point of view. The Canadians saw the potential in the sport. But shortened the playing field, got sticks, replaced the ball with a puck, and put it on ice.

Why'd you have to bring basketball in to this?

Happens much more frequently in soccer. And the NBA is actually doing something about it.

False. Every time a player gets touched, whether it be on a shot or a turnover, they cry foul and wince. It is much worse in the NBA, and it's not even close.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

I enjoy watching soccer. But there are two rule changes that I think would improve the sport, especially at pro level:

1. Intentional diving should result in a direct free kick for the first offense, and PK for subsequent offenses. Would serve as a deterrent, and incidentally up the scoring for those who dig that.

2. More transparency on how much injury time is allotted. Players & spectators have a right to know when the game is going to end. It doesn't really make a difference to me if the timeclock counts up, with additional time added as needed, or counts down, NFL-style, with "time added back onto the clock" as needed.

I love how the goalies get to wear their own special colored jerseys.

Mickey Mouse called. He said he wants his ridiculous looking gloves back.

Happens much more frequently in soccer. And the NBA is actually doing something about it.

So kickball sucks slightly less than basketball? There's a win.

Soccer players should play a manly sport

Nothing more manly than covering less than 4 miles in 90 minutes plus "my vagina was extra leaky" time. Amirite?

I just discovered that this was a soccer thread. Good performance overall from USA. The field was a disaster, so it messed with the flow of the game, but I saw some encouraging things:

Juan Agudelo looked better on his goal than I have ever seen him look before. Nice control on the first touch to bring the ball down, calm as he moved with it towards the middle and then a perfect finish to the near post.

Mix has been listening to his critics and finally showed the defensive aggressiveness that his game has been missing. He made some great nasty tackles to take the ball away quite a few times. And he still showed his usual good vision in the attacking third, creating many good chances.

Omar Gonzalez looked more confident than he has in a long time back there in the middle. Especially in the air, he controlled everything he was asked to. And his young partner, Alvarado, looked like a legit central defender too. Central defense seems like an area of strength now.

Bradley's best game in a long time. Nice, forward-thinking distribution and playmaking.

Soccer hate is funny to me. My favorite comment is "I'd rather watch the most boring NFL game than the most exciting soccer game."

I admittedly wasn't a huge soccer fan but now that the EPL is on TV quite often, I've been watching more and more. Sure, watching bad teams play isn't always exciting, but watch Arsenal vs Liverpool and it's exciting as hell.

All that said, I am a sports junkie and I'll watch just about anything besides bowling. The EPL is on at that perfect time on Saturday and Sunday mornings when no other live sports are on. It's a great way to start nursing the hangover.