Can biscotti go stale?

Beerball

Sealed in cellophane, biscotti retain their crunchy texture for a very long time.

Because there is no water remaining in the biscotti after being baked twice, you do not have to worry about mold or decomposition. I recommend storing them at room temperature, in a cool dry place (but it is ok to refrigerate or freeze them as well).

Once opened, you should keep your cookies in an air tight container. They should retain their crunchiness for at least 2 weeks. If you find that your cookies are starting to get a little soft you can put them in the oven at 275-300 degrees for about 5 minutes (non-chocolate dipped only!).

Don't keep your biscotti forever, though. Nuts will go bad over time. But other than that, biscotti are an elegant addition to your "emergency preparedness kit." And in case of emergency you'll be happy to have something a little indulgent on hand to calm the nerves and soothe the stomach.

Hope this helps!

Biscotti get stale after about a week if not kept in a sealed container. Little trick though you can pop them into the toaster oven for a few minutes to crisp them right back up.

Two ways to know how bad they are is if...

1. They don't have that crunch anymore and have actually begun to get brittle or soft.

2. If they just taste stale.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Sealed in cellophane, biscotti retain their crunchy texture for a very long time.

Because there is no water remaining in the biscotti after being baked twice, you do not have to worry about mold or decomposition. I recommend storing them at room temperature, in a cool dry place (but it is ok to refrigerate or freeze them as well).

Once opened, you should keep your cookies in an air tight container. They should retain their crunchiness for at least 2 weeks. If you find that your cookies are starting to get a little soft you can put them in the oven at 275-300 degrees for about 5 minutes (non-chocolate dipped only!).

Don't keep your biscotti forever, though. Nuts will go bad over time. But other than that, biscotti are an elegant addition to your "emergency preparedness kit." And in case of emergency you'll be happy to have something a little indulgent on hand to calm the nerves and soothe the stomach.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Heloise.

Beerball, are you a biscotti dipper? I love Biscotti dipped in a nice cup of Italian Roast.

Biscotti's don't last very long around here so this is kind of like the question of "how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?"...the F's may never know if a Biscotti can go stale...

Beerball, are you a biscotti dipper? I love Biscotti dipped in a nice cup of Italian Roast.

Biscotti's don't last very long around here so this is kind of like the question of "how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?"...the F's may never know if a Biscotti can go stale...

I do dip into either an Italian or French roast.