Another Day, Another Unarmed Black Man Shot

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if all this trouble would end if people would cooperate with police during an arrest.

The crazy part to me is, people are blaming Al Sharpton! WTF??

Al Sharpton is one of the biggest racists this country has ever seen.How you give this man any credibility after his past record is confounding.But I guess that's how democrats get elected.

"Think Walter Scott’s death is 'another Ferguson'? Cops don't."

Writes Peter Moskos, who is a professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice and was a Baltimore police officer.

To see a black life snuffed out by a fellow cop is especially painful to police officers who spend much of their careers trying to protect black lives. One New York City officer wrote me to say, “This cop also just shot all of law enforcement in the back.” At home and in roll calls around the nation, cops watched the video of Scott’s killing and cringed not only at his death, but also at the officer’s betrayal of the police uniform and everything it stands for....

I was sitting in the breakroom at the office the other day and two of the talking heads were arguing over whether this case means a federal takeover of law enforcement is necessary. :wallbash:

To me, the bigger story is how much revenue municipalities are getting from traffic violations and how that plays into the relationship between citizens and the police (especially lower income citizens). Missouri is going after it in a big way, contemplating a law that limits traffic related "largess" to 10% of a municipality's revenues. I don't know that it's good policy to put an artificial number on it but I do like the discussion.

It wouldn't, but thanks for adding absolutely zero insight into the topic.

Sure, it wouldn't end it "all", but it certainly would end most of it. Cops are human. Humans make mistakes at higher rates when under high levels of stress. If you wanna fight the police, you run the risk (albeit, a minute risk) that the cop will make a mistake and shoot you. Sure, the cop will go to jail - but, you might not be around see it.

I was sitting in the breakroom at the office the other day and two of the talking heads were arguing over whether this case means a federal takeover of law enforcement is necessary. :wallbash:

To me, the bigger story is how much revenue municipalities are getting from traffic violations and how that plays into the relationship between citizens and the police (especially lower income citizens). Missouri is going after it in a big way, contemplating a law that limits traffic related "largess" to 10% of a municipality's revenues. I don't know that it's good policy to put an artificial number on it but I do like the discussion.

If it means getting rid of the speed limit, I'm all for it.

Once again the Libs demonstrate which party really has the extremists.

Top Dem: Voter ID Helped Killer Cop Whack Walter Scott

Photo IDs create a “climate” that leads to vigilantism and murder — so says James Clyburn.
Did you know that voter-ID cards caused last week’s police-involved shooting of an unarmed black man? This incredible revelation comes courtesy of the No. 3 Democrat in the U.S. House of Representatives, Representative James Clyburn of South Carolina. Responding to the five bullets that North Charleston police officer Michael Slager fatally fired into the back of a black man named Walter Scott, Clyburn blamed this bloody mess on none other than the conservative American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) and its work for ballot integrity.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/416861/top-dem-voter-id-helped-killer-cop-whack-walter-scott-deroy-murdock