Time To Ditch The Smart Meter

After my stroke in July, I moved back to Cheektowaga. Been talking with someoneI know in Richmond, CA. She wants to visit me this summer. She was asking if we don't get much rainfall, will the flow over Niagara Falls be jst a trickle? :lol::lol:

Californians are funny. Damn sorry about the stroke. Hope things are ok.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After my stroke in July, I moved back to Cheektowaga.

Makes sense. Live among people just as impaired.

Are you a water waster? Awful

And water is a right, or whatever, means conserving it is wrong. You are an idiot.

What the !@#$ does this series of statements even mean? :wacko:

They have a online opt out which I did. Cost $75 and a 10$ a month read fee which sucks. I do feel a bit more free though. Watch it backfire though. Now it will be considered a red flag that I opted out and they will really be up my ass. Should be interesting.

They have a online opt out which I did. Cost $75 and a 10$ a month read fee which sucks. I do feel a bit more free though. Watch it backfire though. Now it will be considered a red flag that I opted out and they will really be up my ass. Should be interesting.

Those water people are bass tards! Look out! :)

Wait, I thought everything about Cali is awesome and WNY sucks a$$...am I missing something?

Did Chef Jim lie to me? :blink:

I know one thing: it's certainly not all the dirty Dem hippies wasting all your water out there!

No, according to Chef its all the Dems fault there isn't enough water coming from the sky or something

Wait, I thought everything about Cali is awesome and WNY sucks a$$...am I missing something?

Did Chef Jim lie to me? :blink:

I know one thing: it's certainly not all the dirty Dem hippies wasting all your water out there!

Still beats the snot out of WNY. Please point to where I said it was the hippy Dems wasting water. It's the Dems that sat on their hands for 40 years and did nothing to increase our water storage. Now we're !@#$ed.

No, according to Chef its all the Dems fault there isn't enough water coming from the sky or something

Yes. That's exactly it. They've not done their rain dance.

Still beats the snot out of WNY. Please point to where I said it was the hippy Dems wasting water. It's the Dems that sat on their hands for 40 years and did nothing to increase our water storage. Now we're !@#$ed.

Yes. That's exactly it. They've not done their rain dance.

They aren't interested in facts. There is a bug or shrimp saved from extinction somewhere thats the important thing. The jokes on them though because even the dems don't give a **** about nature. Only how they can dupe the trendy liberals into supporting them. Meanwhile they will be the ones making money off higher water and energy pricing all in the name of the environment.

Not true - they're still using it in their bongs. That's got to account for a hell of a lot of water.

Solution:

Move to where there is plenty of water. We have in abundant supply here in WNY. As Sam Kinison said: "I't a F'n DESERT. LIVE WHERE THERE"S WATER." :nana:

Sitting here on a patio in the Coachella Valley, doing a little work while the golfers stroll by (it's a par-3 over a pond and the last group all made it over!) --- and noticed the sprinklers just popped on at 10am. It must take a lot of water to keep all the crops watered, flowers in bloom and lawns green out here. Not to mention the population boom. Every time we come the housing tracts have encroached further on the east end of the valley.

But hey -- I heard restaurants in CA now have to wait till you ask for tap water before they'll serve it, so clearly the Dems are taking steps to address the issue.

There Is No Fiat Water
by Kevin D Williamson
As anticipated, much of the response to my earlier piece on California’s drought goes roughly: “You can’t use market prices for water! Water is a fundamental human necessity! You can’t treat it like just another commodity.”
Thought experiment:
You have ten people in the desert and 1,000 gallons of water. There are many ways you could divide that: You could let people fight over it, you could let them trade for it, etc.
But you know that after a while, that 1,000 gallons is not going to be enough for ten people. So your ten people form a legislature, and that legislature passes a law declaring water a fundamental human right, and mandating a minimum allowance of 500 gallons of water for each of the ten people in your community.
So, 500 times 10. How much water do you have? Answer: You still have 1,000 gallons, doofus.
Scarcity is real, and declaring a scarce commodity a fundamental human right is meaningless insofar as it does nothing to change the supply of that scarce commodity.
Of course California is going to ration water. It rations iPhones and cabernet already, and nobody seems much inconvenienced by that, because there are intelligent ways to ration goods (markets) and dumb ways to ration goods (Governor Brown et al.).
But politicians cannot simply command more water into existence. There are fiat currencies, but there aren’t any fiat commodities.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner

There Is No Fiat Water
by Kevin D Williamson
As anticipated, much of the response to my earlier piece on California’s drought goes roughly: “You can’t use market prices for water! Water is a fundamental human necessity! You can’t treat it like just another commodity.”
Thought experiment:
You have ten people in the desert and 1,000 gallons of water. There are many ways you could divide that: You could let people fight over it, you could let them trade for it, etc.
But you know that after a while, that 1,000 gallons is not going to be enough for ten people. So your ten people form a legislature, and that legislature passes a law declaring water a fundamental human right, and mandating a minimum allowance of 500 gallons of water for each of the ten people in your community.
So, 500 times 10. How much water do you have? Answer: You still have 1,000 gallons, doofus.
Scarcity is real, and declaring a scarce commodity a fundamental human right is meaningless insofar as it does nothing to change the supply of that scarce commodity.
Of course California is going to ration water. It rations iPhones and cabernet already, and nobody seems much inconvenienced by that, because there are intelligent ways to ration goods (markets) and dumb ways to ration goods (Governor Brown et al.).
But politicians cannot simply command more water into existence. There are fiat currencies, but there aren’t any fiat commodities.

Perhaps California can file suit against hydrogen and oxygen for colluding to reduce supply and drive up prices.

Sitting here on a patio in the Coachella Valley, doing a little work while the golfers stroll by (it's a par-3 over a pond and the last group all made it over!) --- and noticed the sprinklers just popped on at 10am. It must take a lot of water to keep all the crops watered, flowers in bloom and lawns green out here. Not to mention the population boom. Every time we come the housing tracts have encroached further on the east end of the valley.

But hey -- I heard restaurants in CA now have to wait till you ask for tap water before they'll serve it, so clearly the Dems are taking steps to address the issue.

Sounds nice

There Is No Fiat Water
by Kevin D Williamson
Thought experiment:

But they certainly could store more. And this is all about conditioning. Get us used to higher prices. When the weather cycle swings back to more rain and there is more supply, no way the prices are coming down.

Yes, nice water conservation. Palm Springs is probably the states biggest wasters of water.

Yes, but that's where the rich white liberals play golf, and I think we all know rich, white liberals would never be caught dead playing 18 holes on dirt. As everything else in the beautiful state of California, water restrictions are for the little people...and companies that can't afford a lobby presence.

You think Adobe, Cisco and Google have smart devices on their campus watering systems? They're they Clintons of California. The rules don't pertain to them.