Rand Paul's Hat is in the ring!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do I think? It's a term you made up.

The government doesn't offer health care. Luckily that's still part of the private sector........for now.

The government doesn't cover health care for people? What an idiot you are

Soc Security works great

Well, it's 23 trillion underfunded. So either huge cuts in benefits have to happen or a huge rise in payroll tax which I'm sure your good with but in reality, like all taxes, hurts businesses and the public. Doesn't sound like it's working great to me.

Well, it's 23 trillion underfunded. So either huge cuts in benefits have to happen or a huge rise in payroll tax which I'm sure your good with but in reality, like all taxes, hurts businesses and the public. Doesn't sound like it's working great to me.

Increased immigration will help

Isn't the national debt a pretty good indicator of federal government ineffectiveness? And the only solution their collective business, managerial and administrative acumen can come up with is either print money or raise taxes. They are incapable of running anything because it's not their money and they are not motivated because they can never(at least their perception is,) they can never go broke and they can never lose a job.

Obfuscating!!

It's not obfuscating to ask you what the !@#$ you're talking about.

I'm increasingly convinced that your understanding of how the world works doesn't go beyond "magical pixies make it happen!"

How?

Also, you said that it was "working great". Clearly it isn't.

Increased immigration as the proposals that have been laid out would help. The average age of the immigrants that would fall under the proposed legislation is around 40. Which means they would be paying into the pot for a number of years before they could draw into it. Also, and not withstanding is that the proposal laid out would compel these individuals to pay into S.S for a minimum of 10 years before they could draw funds from retirement funds.

You can read about it here

That is a bit lengthy, you can also read a more brief synopsis right here.

Gator may be wrong about a lot of things, but not on this issue, not if he's talking about the proposed immigration legislation that was passed by the Senate.

Edited by Magox

Increased immigration as the proposals that have been laid out would help. The average age of the immigrants that would fall under the proposed legislation is around 40. Which means they would be paying into the pot for a number of years before they could draw into it. Also, and not withstanding is that the proposal laid out would compel these individuals to pay into S.S for a minimum of 10 years before they could draw funds from retirement funds.

You can read about it here

That is a bit lengthy, you can also read a more brief synopsis right here.

Gator may be wrong about a lot of things, but not on this issue, not if he's talking about the proposed immigration legislation that was passed by the Senate.

It doesn't help, at all, when the overwhelming majority of recipients have paid in less that they will receive. At that point, it's become nothing more than another entitlement, and the funding and long term viability becomes further undermined.

The Senate's proposal patches the system for the very short term, but serves to do nothing more than kick the can a bit further down the road, and further exacerbate the long term problems.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

It's not obfuscating to ask you what the !@#$ you're talking about.

I'm increasingly convinced that your understanding of how the world works doesn't go beyond "magical pixies make it happen!"

He was asking gotcha questions, that's obfuscating for sure. You are a total idiot, and you are wrong

It doesn't help, at all, when the overwhelming majority of recipients have paid in less that they will receive. At that point, it's become nothing more than another entitlement, and the funding and long term viability becomes further undermined.

The Senate's proposal patches the system for the very short term, but serves to do nothing more than kick the can a bit further down the road, and further exacerbate the long term problems.

No, their children will also pay into the system, helping out a lot

Uh, no. Adding 1 person does not add 1 job.

Depends, actually