How would we have fared against the Eagles?

1billsfan

Actually, the way I see it, we'd have kept it close for four quarters, trailing by three with two minutes left, and the Eagles in a 3rd and 18. We'd chase McNabb to his right, where he'd ultimately find a receiver open on the sidelines for the first down, letting them kill the clock.

Thanks for a Bills post, #1!

Both defense would keep it close. We have better BD's than NE, so we could have contained them better. I think the team that threw the last INT would lose..

232248[/snapback]

the bills would have gotten killed. they consistently play poorly against good teams, and generally can't stop them.

The Defense could have at least made it respectable, but there is no way our line and Bledsoe could have handled Jimmy Johnsons' blitz schemes. INT's and sacks would have killed us.

When this team figures out a way to overcome blitz schemes, we will be contenders. Until that happens, we will have the most talented losers in the league.

The Defense could have at least made it respectable, but there is no way our line and Bledsoe could have handled Jimmy Johnsons' blitz schemes.  INT's and sacks would have killed us.

When this team figures out a way to overcome blitz schemes, we will be contenders.  Until that happens, we will have the most talented losers in the league.

232263[/snapback]

lets keep drew as the starter and just get 400lb line man to make a wall around d rew :w00t::w00t:

Is this the same as saying "we need a QB who can avoid the blitz"? :w00t:

232274[/snapback]

Unlike most, I dish out pretty equal blame to both the OL and Bledsoe.

Looking at just last year, I think if we had had a better QB, we would have made the playoffs, but still lost out due to a poor OL.

At the same time, if we had a better OL, I don't think Drew would have gotten us much further than he did this year.

Unlike most, I dish out pretty equal blame to both the OL and Bledsoe.

Looking at just last year, I think if we had had a better QB, we would have made the playoffs, but still lost out due to a poor OL.

At the same time, if we had a better OL, I don't think Drew would have gotten us much further than he did this year.

232284[/snapback]

Having said that, I think we would have gone farther into the playoffs with the first situation than the second,.

Is this the same as saying "we need a QB who can avoid the blitz"? :w00t:

232274[/snapback]

no - we need a QB who can exploit the blitz and make big plays to score points.

Drew can't execute screens and draws and is too slow to make decisions on where to throw downfield to beat the blitz.

There is no risk to a defense when they blitz the Bills.

The Eagles would have had a field day against Drew.

Actually, the way I see it, we'd have kept it close for four quarters, trailing by three with two minutes left, and the Eagles in a 3rd and 18. We'd chase McNabb to his right, where he'd ultimately find a receiver open on the sidelines for the first down, letting them kill the clock.

232246[/snapback]

Thanks for bringing that horrid memory back up.

Bastard! May you fry for all eternity!!

:w00t:

Clock's running down, the Bills are behind by 10 points. They have a 4th down and are going for it. Bledsoe has to roll right to avoid being sacked and there's a chance he could scramble for the first down. But Bledsoe forgets what down it is and throws it away out of bounds. :w00t:

You guys also have to remember that they are in the NFC, a conference in which the Bills swepped by a margin of 20 points per game. Do I think we could beat them? Probably not, but let's not forget how terrible that conference is. Whenever they faced an AFC powerhouse, they lost.