Opening Game?

Since the pats* didn't lose the Super Bowl last year they will play the first game of the season at home. What are the chances that we get to play them in that game.

I'd say remote.

Most likely Pittsburgh (since they're a playoff team). I suppose Philadelphia is also a possibility.

I'm thinking there's a very good chance Buffalo opens at the Jets...perhaps the early Monday night game?

I'd say remote.

Most likely Pittsburgh (since they're a playoff team). I suppose Philadelphia is also a possibility.

I'm thinking there's a very good chance Buffalo opens at the Jets...perhaps the early Monday night game?

They are probably not opening at the Jets on Monday Night because of Rosh Hashanah. I read that the other day from the NY Daily News guy (can't think of his name).

Love to see us play the Pats in Week 1, they are proven slow starters and we'll be totally up to start the new season...I think this would play in the Bills 2015 plans well

yep might catch them off guard with our new playbook and all of our weapons

They are probably not opening at the Jets on Monday Night because of Rosh Hashanah. I read that the other day from the NY Daily News guy (can't think of his name).

Mehta?

Makes sense...I should know that--my mother's side of the family celebrates Rosh Hashanah.

Still think Bills @ Jets makes sense for week 1.

Better than remote. I think it's 50/50. Bills with Rex are a good story line. Rex teams always play the stinkin' Pats tough.

Isn't it almost always playoff teams though?

Love to see us play the Pats in Week 1, they are proven slow starters and we'll be totally up to start the new season...I think this would play in the Bills 2015 plans well

I hope we come out strong against any team, not just one that's a slow starter. Let's win because we're good and don't need help of any kind. Othewise, we haven't really progressed.

Mehta?

Makes sense...I should know that--my mother's side of the family celebrates Rosh Hashanah.

Isn't it almost always playoff teams though?

The storyline from the offseason is there, but NFL brass might be squeamish on both QB situations for a primetime Wk1 kickoff game

I hope we come out strong against any team, not just one that's a slow starter. Let's win because we're good and don't need help of any kind. Othewise, we haven't really progressed.

True, but it wouldn't hurt to take that out on a division rival while making that statement...especially one we're about to dethrone

Mehta?

Yes it was Mehta. Apparently it starts then so neither the Jets or Giants will be home during it because of the number of Jewish Season Ticket Holders.

I guess that I could see the Bills and Eagles after the trade.

I'd say remote.

Most likely Pittsburgh (since they're a playoff team LéVeon Bell, their starting running back will be suspended for two games). I suppose Philadelphia is also a possibility.

I can just about guarantee you that it won't be the Bills playing the Patriots in the opening game. The NFL doesn't think there's a big enough market for the Bills, and as this is a nationally televised game to open the season, they would want to draw in fans from more nationally popular teams. The Bills, unfortunately, aren't. All of us that hail from in or around Buffalo would absolutely love to see this, but I doubt it happens. Additionally, we always seem to play the Patriots in New England late in the season, to give them a home divisional game as they're trying to make the playoffs, in the snow, etc. to try and give them the best chance of winning. That doesn't mean our away game against the Pats will be the last game of the season, but it will probably be within the last month.

The Pats home games this year are against the Bills, Jets, Dolphins, Jags, Titans, Eagles, Redskins, and Chiefs. In my opinion, the obvious choices for a nationally televised game that will draw the biggest crowd would be the Jets or Eagles, with a slightly less chance for the Fins. The Jets due to the huge market in NYC, the whole "Revis left NE for NY" storyline, and the NYC/Boston rivalry. The Eagles because they're one of the more nationally known/liked teams in the league (at least I would guess), and with Chip's demolition of the team, people are going to want to know just how badly he blew it up. There's all the talk of him remaking the team in his image to win, but lets face it, you can't win without talent, and he shipped a hell of a lot of it. The Dolphins I throw in there to draw people from a different part of the country than just the northeast, its a divisional game, and they can highlight the fact that the Dolphins have Suh now, and try to pump up the whole "ascending face of an NFL franchise" in Tannehill vs "the heroic savior of a franchise on the descent" in Brady storyline.

TL:DR - My money's on the Jets or Eagles.