No extension for Luck in 2015

I posted very similar stats and man did I get trashed for it.

Correct. That is precisely the Peyton Manning analogy.

---------------------

I have one condition... he loses the neck beard !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And for what it's worth, Peyton Manning (who turns 39 today) didn't win one playoff game until his fifth year in the league.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So to be clear, you are somewhat dubious of where Andrew Luck's career may be headed but you are a staunch defender of EJ Manuel and his magical mysterious upside?

No my good man. I am NEVER implied Luck Sucks. I was only making an observation. Please argue / discuss this with WEO. I want to stay out of arguments I did not start

FWIW

This is where things go off base. You have taken a simple post and twisted the meaning. AND now people will run with it (again).

Please be more careful in the future to not misrepresent my posts.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

No my good man. I am NEVER implied Luck Sucks

I am only making an observation. Please argue / discuss this with WEO. I want to stay neutral.

No one on planet Earth would say Luck sucks, I didn't say you said that. I think it's OK though for you to start formulating opinions about players after they've been in the league for a few years. Andrew Luck is going to "do good," I can assure you. He is going to be in the hall of fame someday and win at least one, if not several, Super Bowls. If the Sabres get Connor McDavid next year and he scores 100 points as a rookie are you gonna say, "well guys it's too early, we just don't know yet..." Because that is the trajectory that Luck's career path is on. I will give you credit though- you stick to your "we just don't know yet" mantra whether a guy looks amazing or completely sucks.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Oh my God. He's been in the league three years and singlehandedly taken his team to the playoffs each season. He has taken one step forward each year- the first year they made it but lost in the first round, the second year they won a game, the third year they won two games. I'd say that I like the direction his career is headed.

Well, one point I was trying to make is that the Colts playoff difficulties are not all the result of the defense. Luck has struggled. People above are making it sound like he should walk because his greatness is wasted on that team.

He will stay there, guaranteed.

And for what it's worth, Peyton Manning (who turns 39 today) didn't win one playoff game until his fifth year in the league.

And he's 11 of 24 games in the playoffs since, hence my comparison to his Colts replacement.

here we go again.. Stop misrepresenting my posts

dubious of where Andrew Luck's career may be headed the indication is that I am of the mind that his career will mean little. aka he sucks.

YES or No

Did Peyton singlehandedly taken his team to the playoffs?

Did Andrew singlehandedly taken his team to the playoffs?

Did Peyton get crushed the playoffs by NE*?

Did Andrew get crushed the playoffs by NE*?

similarities made

Case closed ...

here we go again.. Stop misrepresenting my posts

dubious of where Andrew Luck's career may be headed the indication is that I am of the mind that his career will mean little. aka he sucks.

YES or No

Did Peyton singlehandedly taken his team to the playoffs?

Did Andrew singlehandedly taken his team to the playoffs?

Case closed ...

Not arguing here, promise. You did say though that you can't say whether Andrew Luck will "do good or bad" (I see you have since edited that). All I'm saying is that it is fair to say that we will do much good in this league, I can assure you of that. And getting back to the topic at hand, the Colts will never let him go in a million years so this is a moot topic. The guy we should be talking about is Philip Rivers because he very well could be the Bills QB in 2016.

Not arguing here, promise. You did say though that you can't say whether Andrew Luck will "do good or bad" (I see you have since edited that). All I'm saying is that it is fair to say that we will do much good in this league, I can assure you of that. And getting back to the topic at hand, the Colts will never let him go in a million years so this is a moot topic. The guy we should be talking about is Philip Rivers because he very well could be the Bills QB in 2016.

correct. No one can say for sure that Andrew Luck will continue to "do good or bad". Odds are he will do very good. but then things do happen.

I deleted it because I felt it added another item to argue over that can not be proven either way.

Enjoy the continued convo with WEO..

so this is a moot topic

Oh I agree 100%. it's a useless thread. bordering on that word you don't want me to use!! :devil: :devil:

I remember a while back the Vikings somehow circumvented the franchise tag matching rule by stating the Hutchinson was guaranteed to be the highest paid lineman on the team. The Seahawks couldn't match that because their LT was all pro and was making more money.

Maybe the bills could do the same with luck!

I think he could and should sign somewhere else if the Colts don't fix that defense. They will never get further if continue to draft like they have since he got there.

@ProFootballTalk: Irsay says Colts won't extend Luck this year http://t.co/B2SggIxbfN

c'mon yolo you know this aint happening, if it does the League will fire Irsay

Both he and Russell Wilson (RGIII and Tannehill too) have 5th year options. If they don't extend this year, the options will be used so they're at least under contract through next year.

wilson doesnt have a 5th yr option. That is only for 1st round picks.

Oh my God. He's been in the league three years and singlehandedly taken his team to the playoffs each season. He has taken one step forward each year- the first year they made it but lost in the first round, the second year they won a game, the third year they won two games. I'd say that I like the direction his career is headed.

Why do you people insist on communicating with him? If we don't feed him, I bet he'll go away

Both he and Russell Wilson (RGIII and Tannehill too) have 5th year options. If they don't extend this year, the options will be used so they're at least under contract through next year.

I don't think Wilson has a 5th year option...I think that's only for 1st round picks. All other picks get 4-year contracts.

Luck will do very well in the league.

Hard to know if he will win "multiple SBs". No one on earth thought Manning would win just one.

True.

Would love to see Luck deliberately burn through two franchise tags and hit the open market.

A bidding war around a HOF QB in his prime. Imagine what it would to to NFL Network ratings.

Folks say that teams never let their franchise QBs go. Well they can go if they want to. All just a number crunch at the end of the day.

Would love to see Luck deliberately burn through two franchise tags and hit the open market.

A bidding war around a HOF QB in his prime. Imagine what it would to to NFL Network ratings.

Folks say that teams never let their franchise QBs go. Well they can go if they want to. All just a number crunch at the end of the day.

theyd trade him before it got to free agency. no way they just say "screw it, were letting him walk"