No Smoking Gun - per Robert Kraft

Some people responded with more than many dozens of responses proclaiming conclusive evidence of deliberate cheating in this over-hyped scandel. Their fanatical reflexive responses will shortly be proven baseless. That will not stop them from continuing their slanderous crusade based on their jealousy of another's success.

I have no doubt that those fanatics who have been proven wrong do not have the capacity to admit that they were wrong on this fraudulent issue. When this issue arose Alphadog gave the most reasonable and mature response to this topic. He was lambasted for his reasonableness and sense of fairness. He is owed an apology for the juvenile and harsh responsives he received by those who made assumptions based on their prejudices.

The way to success is to work hard and build your own successful legacy. Tearing down what others have accomplished gets you nowhere other than demonstrates how small you are.

The week prior to the SB at the height of the NE hysteria I started a thread asking if there was a Bills forum where I could read about the Bills or even the upcoming game itself. At the time the front page of TBD had 8-10 threads all on the Pats, all on the same subject. My thread was immediately closed by a mod I will not name as "not contributing in a positive way to the board."

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The week prior to the SB at the height of the NE hysteria I started a thread asking if there was a Bills forum where I could read about the Bills or even the upcoming game itself. At the time the front page of TBD had 8-10 threads all on the Pats, all on the same subject. My thread was immediately closed by a mod I will not name as "not contributing in a positive way to the board."

You started a thread

"Where can I read about the Bills"?

"Where can I read about the upcoming game"?

Im sorry but the mod is right on closing your thread when the answer is TBD and you started a TBD thread.....

Ps. I know what you're implying. But I disagree.

Shocker! Whodathunkit?

Exactly. After one post the answer would be "Here. On this forum"

And about 100 "ins"

Because there's so much Bills stuff going on during super bowl week. I forgot it's 1994.

You don't know schit about what actually happened, and yet you are bashing posters for saying what they thought happened as if you know. And you don't. That's why you should STFU. I bet John Wells may not know exactly what happened. So for you to trash other people for stating they know what happened is the epitome of hypocrisy and douchebaggery.

You don't know for sure. I don't know for sure. No fan knows for sure. They are opinions.

Chances are we will never know for sure. So stop acting like you do and bashing other posters for doing exactly what you are doing.

I'm not bashing posters for stating their opinions regardless if there is much basis to their opinions. As you pointed out this is a football blog where opinions are freely expressed. Where I am very critical and have been for a long time are with those posters on this manufactured topic who not only express their opinions but repeatedly make claims to the point that it borders on fanaticism. Sometimes zealotry is understandable when there is a reasonable provocation. But when there is little evidence to substantiate the origin of the zealotry and it continues then something is wrong.

There is nothing unusual about a Buffalo Bills fan who believes that there was merit to the claim of the inflation issue. Where I do have a major objection is not the position you or others like you make but the repeated claims of cheating when there is only a flimsy basis to it.

Your default position is that an accusation can't be fully unproven. That's a twisted way of justifying your excessive responses. So you persisted in continuing to make the unsubstantiated claim over and over even while the relatively short investigation is in progress. Treating such a miniscule transgression, if it existed, (and that is probably unlikely) as if it is an existential issue is absurd.

Again, I am not bashing posters for maintaining a position. I am criticizing posters such as you for continuing your never ending crusade against cheating when there is little/no proof. When it gets to the point that you won't even accept the possibility that the person doing the extensive investigation can't make a fair determination of what actually happened then that is another demonstration of your closed mind on this bogus issue.

Telling people to STFU says nothing about me and a lot about you. If that makes you feel good then that's okay with me.

I'm not bashing posters for stating their opinions regardless if there is much basis to their opinions. As you pointed out this is a football blog where opinions are freely expressed. Where I am very critical and have been for a long time are with those posters on this manufactured topic who not only express their opinions but repeatedly make claims to the point that it borders on fanaticism. Sometimes zealotry is understandable when there is a reasonable provocation. But when there is little evidence to substantiate the origin of the zealotry and it continues then something is wrong.

There is nothing unusual about a Buffalo Bills fan who believes that there was merit to the claim of the inflation issue. Where I do have a major objection is not the position you or others like you make but the repeated claims of cheating when there is only a flimsy basis to it.

Your default position is that an accusation can't be fully unproven. That's a twisted way of justifying your excessive responses. So you persisted in continuing to make the unsubstantiated claim over and over even while the relatively short investigation is in progress. Treating such a miniscule transgression, if it existed, (and that is probably unlikely) as if it is an existential issue is absurd.

Again, I am not bashing posters for maintaining a position. I am criticizing posters such as you for continuing your never ending crusade against cheating when there is little/no proof. When it gets to the point that you won't even accept the possibility that the person doing the extensive investigation can't make a fair determination of what actually happened then that is another demonstration of your closed mind on this bogus issue.

Telling people to STFU says nothing about me and a lot about you. If that makes you feel good then that's okay with me.

You have demanded at least four times that posters should apologize to Alphadog, because, as you say, he is right, and apparently they are wrong, where there is no proof either way. And there likely is not going to be. You mischaracterzied my position a few different times, too. What's the difference between telling someone to apologize before the facts come out, and telling someone to STFU for obscenely ordering people to apologize when you don't know any more, and probably know less than the people like myself that have actually followed it.

And for the record, it's not jealousy whatsoever with me. I think the Pats are one of if not the best team ever, Bellicheat, whether he is cheating or not, is probably the best coach ever, Brady, whether he is cheating or not, is one of the very best ever. I don't even think Spygate was a big thing or helped them much at all. I don't think deflategate helped them much at all. But it doesn't mean they didn't cheat. I came to the conclusion they cheated from a lot of knowledge of the investigation and what Wells is doing through circumstantial evidence that we all but know for sure, and common sense. Not because of certain contradictory reports.

I can't believe we have people passing judgement on an issue that none of the facts have been produced for. That's the real hilarity in all of this.

There is no innocent until proven guilty in public opinion. That only applies to courts. People can think, decide, spout off whatever they want. Of course there is no proof until all the facts are in, and there probably won't be even when they are because we are not going to be given all of them. That's self evident. There would be no need for message boards if you had to wait until verdicts were in.

People can think or "be sure" that the Patriots are innocent or guilty to whatever degree they want. And they can be wrong or stupid or jump the gun or be ill informed or whatever.

There is no innocent until proven guilty in public opinion. That only applies to courts. People can think, decide, spout off whatever they want. Of course there is no proof until all the facts are in, and there probably won't be even when they are because we are not going to be given all of them. That's self evident. There would be no need for message boards if you had to wait until verdicts were in.

People can think or "be sure" that the Patriots are innocent or guilty to whatever degree they want. And they can be wrong or stupid or jump the gun or be ill informed or whatever.

Hmmmm, public opinion .... on matters the public knows nothing about. A real quality poll that would make. :rolleyes:

Not sure I agree on your point about not needing a message board (until the verdict comes in). As soon as a football game, or season, is complete, we have a plethora of examples of proof that we all make comment on in places such as these.

You were an unceasing fanatic in your frenzied treatment of this manufactured issue with countless intense responses and accusations. Now your latest response is to tell someone who was correct on this ridiculously exaggerated issue to STFU. That is very unclassy.

Having an opinion is one thing. But to continue with your never ending harranguing before there was any solid evidence dealing with the serious charge of organizational integrity demonstrated how off the wall you were on this issue.

I'm not going to tell you to STFU as you told me. You are entitled to your opinions even if they are a graphic reflection of your emotional control. .

you are hilarious. This is manufactured? Yes because they - the Last made it that way. Any professional knows his tool. A cop knows a fully loaded gun. A truck driver knows the feeling when his tanks are emptyor load is shifting. A carpenter knows a 16 oz hammer. You mean to tell me the Pats* suddenly could not tell the difference?

And even if it was some fluke then why did the refs mess up so much? Why then the NFL?

I'll tell you to stfu with your ridiculous defense of blatant cheating.

Now that I think about it does seem rather selfish of me to want to discuses something besides the Patriots. They are, of course the whole world.

That wasn't directed at you. It was directed at the "findings."

You mischaracterzied my position a few different times, too.

How have I mischaracterized your frequently stated position on this topic?

That wasn't directed at you. It was directed at the "findings."

What findings? The report hasn't come out. When it is finally rendered you won't believe it anyway if it isn't consistent with what you already believe.

Are you talking to me? I just want to clarify.

first of, judging by the replies, you stepped into a huge stinking pile of :censored:

Manufactured Topic? Lets step back and look at what exactly a deflated ball does. - Look at the link I posted

> Patriots* submitted a motion that each team controls their own game balls at game time and the league approved it. Then by coincidence the Patriots* turn out to be the team with the least # of fumbles since 2006 or 2007.

Little Evidence? Roger BURNED the evidence.

Where is this report that was expected out soon after the SB? how many weeks ago was that?

let me repost the link for you

According to Sharp’s calculations, the Patriots’ fumble rate was 42 touches per fumble from 2000 through 2006. That was about the league average. Since 2007, however, that rate has dropped dramatically, to 74 touches per fumble. Over that time, the Pats are the best team in the NFL at holding onto the ball, even including dome teams.

How have I mischaracterized your frequently stated position on this topic?

What findings? The report hasn't come out. When it is finally rendered you won't believe it anyway if it isn't consistent with what you already believe.

passed in transmission YES JohnC Where is the report???

You may be correct - We won't believe that the forces of nature ONLY lowered the pressure in the Putrids balls below league standard and not their opponents.

and one more small item.. If we want to laugh at the Cheaters we have our rights.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever