No Smoking Gun - per Robert Kraft

How have I mischaracterized your frequently stated position on this topic?

What findings? The report hasn't come out. When it is finally rendered you won't believe it anyway if it isn't consistent with what you already believe.

Oh, the irony! And it's not what I believe, it's what I know: that the Pats are cheaters. And once a cheater, always a cheater. Again it's not like they weren't caught with under-inflated footballs or that people didn't know they were doing it beforehand.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, the irony! And it's not what I believe, it's what I know: that the Pats are cheaters. And once a cheater, always a cheater. Again it's not like they weren't caught with under-inflated footballs or that people didn't know they were doing it beforehand.

Did you get an advanced copy of the Wells report? You are traumatized by a minimally under-inflated ball/s used in a game in which the Pats won 45-7. Having a sense of proportion is what is missing here. The Falcons were minimally fined by the league for mishandling game balls by warming them up in an extremely cold weather game. What was the response? You can hear the pin drop.

Edited by JohnC

Oh Look Another RULE CHANGE based on the Cheatriots

NFL owners approve safety, replay changes

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12551912/nfl-owners-vote-allow-medical-out

PHOENIX -- NFL owners have voted to prevent another Julian Edelman situation, giving a third party power to stop a game if a player appears disoriented.

the smoking gun was the bag of deflated footballs. if nobody owns up to it then just take away a draft pick and move along. they are dragging this out because they want us to forget about it. this "investigation" could have been done in 1 week but it just so happened that it was Super Bowl week so the NFL didn't want to do anything then.

we also have the Jets tampering with Revis. it resulted in Revis playing for them. what will become of that? hopefully both of our rivals lose a pick next year and we already know the Dolphins will be strapped for cash next year due to the Suh balloon contract so next offseason could be when we really separate ourselves from the pack!

Did you get an advanced copy of the Wells report? You are traumatized by a minimally under-inflated ball/s used in a game in which the Pats won 45-7. Having a sense of proportion is what is missing here. The Falcons were minimally fined by the league for mishandling game balls by warming them up in an extremely cold weather game. What was the response? You can hear the pin drop.

I have as much faith in the NFL investigating this as I do the Obama administration investigating Hillary Clinton's e-mails. And just because they won that game 45-7, it doesn't mean they weren't doing it all along, especially since that report saying it was statistically impossible for the Pats to fumble so little since 2007, which is when the rule changed, thanks to the urging of Brady. And as for the Falcons, heating a ball up, and theoretically increasing the pressure inside, wouldn't help hold onto the ball, and in fact would make it harder. But keep making excuses for them. We've come to expect it.

Oh Look Another RULE CHANGE based on the Cheatriots

NFL owners approve safety, replay changes

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12551912/nfl-owners-vote-allow-medical-out

PHOENIX -- NFL owners have voted to prevent another Julian Edelman situation, giving a third party power to stop a game if a player appears disoriented.

Man, they're going to be stopping the game every time Geno Smith throws the ball...

I have as much faith in the NFL investigating this as I do the Obama administration investigating Hillary Clinton's e-mails. And just because they won that game 45-7, it doesn't mean they weren't doing it all along, especially since that report saying it was statistically impossible for the Pats to fumble so little since 2007, which is when the rule changed, thanks to the urging of Brady. And as for the Falcons, heating a ball up, and theoretically increasing the pressure inside, wouldn't help hold onto the ball, and in fact would make it harder. But keep making excuses for them. We've come to expect it.

Aaron Rodgers has publicly disagreed with you on this.

you are hilarious. This is manufactured? Yes because they - the Last made it that way. Any professional knows his tool. A cop knows a fully loaded gun. A truck driver knows the feeling when his tanks are emptyor load is shifting. A carpenter knows a 16 oz hammer. You mean to tell me the Pats* suddenly could not tell the difference?

And even if it was some fluke then why did the refs mess up so much? Why then the NFL?

I'll tell you to stfu with your ridiculous defense of blatant cheating.

This is the most ridiculous claim of them all. The officials handle the balls ALL game long and if the Pats were doing this as long as people claim, the officials should (or would, if "any professional knows his tool") have noticed.

This is the most ridiculous claim of them all. The officials handle the balls ALL game long and if the Pats were doing this as long as people claim, the officials should (or would, if "any professional knows his tool") have noticed.

They don't throw or catch them, though.

To extend jboyst's analogy, while anyone can handle a gun, a cop knows how his gun shoots, and when it's been altered.

Man, they're going to be stopping the game every time Geno Smith throws the ball...

LOL

poor guy

Let's clarify just in case - Yes you are correct - the officials handle the balls ALL game long on every snap.

The officials handle (control weigh /test PSI) the balls up to 2 hours before game time then give them to each respective team to "control"

they may even reinspect them at halftime

They don't throw or catch them, though.

To extend jboyst's analogy, while anyone can handle a gun, a cop knows how his gun shoots, and when it's been altered.

Lame excuse. These guys check the balls every game. They handle footballs all the time, and even throw them. Here it comes "they don't throw it like a QB, it's not the same!" blahblahblah.... they know footballs. They have spent countless hours handling footballs. To deny that is ridiculous.

Lame excuse. These guys check the balls every game. They handle footballs all the time, and even throw them. Here it comes "they don't throw it like a QB, it's not the same!" blahblahblah.... they know footballs. They have spent countless hours handling footballs. To deny that is ridiculous.

Yeah, and I've spent countless hours handling my wife's breasts, but I'm still pretty sure she still knows them better than I do.

Yeah, and I've spent countless hours handling my wife's breasts, but I'm still pretty sure she still knows them better than I do.

Great joke! hahahahha! Clever!

But of course, not really relevant. If anything, they should be more aware because they are alternately handling balls from each team, and would notice the difference. Pretty sure you would notice the difference between your wife's breasts, and another woman's right away...

soooo why was it that maybe half a dozen former QB's said they couldn't tell the difference in the numerous post deflate gate conversations when provided balls of different PSI? and oven another half a dozen former QB's said they could tell a difference.

This went on with non QB's as well with many guessing the correct under, proper and over inflated balls.

Great joke! hahahahha! Clever!

But of course, not really relevant. If anything, they should be more aware because they are alternately handling balls from each team, and would notice the difference. Pretty sure you would notice the difference between your wife's breasts, and another woman's right away...

how relevant is it that after the ruling in 2006 the Putrids became the team with the fewest fumbles?

soooo why was it that maybe half a dozen former QB's said they couldn't tell the difference in the numerous post deflate gate conversations when provided balls of different PSI? and oven another half a dozen former QB's said they could tell a difference.

This went on with non QB's as well with many guessing the correct under, proper and over inflated balls.

how relevant is it that after the ruling in 2006 the Putrids became the team with the fewest fumbles?

Meh, I don't care about this anymore.

Wallow in it...the Pats have the titles, this isn't gonna change a thing. There would be "haterz" no matter what they did/didn't do. It goes with the territory of dominating. I'm sure there are still opposing fans bitter about the 90's Bills.

Meh, I don't care about this anymore.

Wallow in it...the Pats have the titles, this isn't gonna change a thing. There would be "haterz" no matter what they did/didn't do. It goes with the territory of dominating. I'm sure there are still opposing fans bitter about the 90's Bills.

yet here you are arguing? or did you just now care not to care about it?

From what I've heard it took the interception, then the COLTS personnel to figure it out, AFTER REFS handled the balls. So refs handling, touching, moving, passing doesnt count.

From a haters perspective ME: Would they really want to snitch on the patriots???

hey Doc. Can I read your emails? Or Jeb Bush's? Please leave the politics and poor jokes to the PPP.

neither side is saintly.

I made a point and that's as far as I want it to go.

Aaron Rodgers has publicly disagreed with you on this.

Just Aaron Rodgers? Not a statistically significant sample. And Rodgers said he's in the minority.

Edited by Doc