Jerry Lovelocke - Our draft QB

Wait....what draft QB? Not touching one in this pitiful draft.

We don't need to draft them all, just one. Everyone thinks Tuel stinks and Lovelock compares to several solid NFL QBs. What would we be missing out on in the 5th anyway?

I'm not saying he is polished or even that we wouldn't have to end up drafting a QB next year, but he seems to be the right fit.

After looking over the QB class and reading poster's comments and this and that....I do believe and would like to see the Bills draft a QB every year no matter what round every year until we find our guy. We never know when our franchise guy will come or where he is going to come from. All the guys in this class are really not worthy of the number 1 or 2 in my opinion for one reason or another (the system they played in, attitude, ect.) I hear a lot about people wanting B. Petty in the second. I don't see that happening nor do I want it to happen. After watching his highlight film, most of his throws were to wide open targets by at least 5 to 10 yards and they were all pre snap timed plays. So he hasn't proven to read a defense. If I had it my way, which I don't I would take QB Bo Wallace (6'4" 217 Ole Miss) for a number of reasons. I am no fan of Ole Miss but I am a fan of the SEC. He has played against prime competition in nationally televised games and has balled in them. He is a senior and a "football player" in my eyes. He has proven to take snaps under center and hitting targets in tight windows. I think with this offense that we are putting in place he would be a great fit. Ground and Pound like Ben did in Pitt. while learning how to read defenses and throw the ball 15 to 20 times a game to keep Defenses honest. So I for one and Starting My Bo Wallace for QB talk now. We can take him in the 4th or 5th and he is the only only one not going in the first round with potential. Plus he has a cool QB name....."Bo"....

Unless a real gem falls all the way, the Bills should not draft another QB this year. Their quota has been met (and then some). Use the remaining picks on players who could actually play or add depth.

Kind of where I am at as well. Other than Mariotta and Winston, which I honestly don't believe are 1st round worthy, there really isn't a QB I would be interested in using a pick on in hopes he develops.

Kind of where I am at as well. Other than Mariotta and Winston, which I honestly don't believe are 1st round worthy, there really isn't a QB I would be interested in using a pick on in hopes he develops.

Whaley has been quoted as saying there is not a wide gap between JW/MM/"other QBs"

It is also pointed out today in another thread that the Bills were in on the Bradford talks. Lovelocke compares to both Bradford and Foles. I'm thinking there are too many pieces here to be coincidence and he might just be our guy.

Personally I still have hopes for EJ but our other QBs seem to be either caretakers or shots in the dark. I think we all know the Bills will draft a QB but the draft class is supposedly weak. After looking into this I think our best fit may be Jerry Lovelocke.

In analyzing his game I see flashes of Brock Osweiler the heir apparent in Denver, Lindley from AZ, and interestingly both Foles and Bradford who were traded for each other. I think we could get him easily in the 5th but Baltimore is interested and Taylor is gone from there, waiting until the 6th may be dicey.

I think Lovelocke will be our guy.

Any thoughts on him?

I could be wrong, but when we signed Tyrod Taylor and then failed to sign OLmen in FA, I felt we'd filled out our QB menu and we'll be spending our draft picks otherwise. We will likely bring in a couple UDFA as camp fodder and to see if they can beat out Tuel, but I don't think we're going to spend one of our few remaining picks.

I could be wrong, but when we signed Tyrod Taylor and then failed to sign OLmen in FA, I felt we'd filled out our QB menu and we'll be spending our draft picks otherwise. We will likely bring in a couple UDFA as camp fodder and to see if they can beat out Tuel, but I don't think we're going to spend one of our few remaining picks.

i think if we risk it with Lovelocke like that, Baltimore will draft him.

Taylor is the guy brought in to replace Tuel. Tuel will likely be a camp arm and little more. Given Cassel/Taylor were just recently brought in, it would seem any drafted QB would be knocking EJ out. Rex has spoken pretty positively about EJ lately. The way I see it, they are hoping one of Taylor/EJ win the job this summer to use their mobility with the "ground and pound", with Cassel's best case scenario being the wise vet in the film room and his worst case stepping in to do the job because EJ/Taylor don't do enough.

EJ regressed after getting hurt in the Cleveland game his first year. Let's see if the new coaching staff can get him on track. If they can't then look at QB's like Connor Cook, Cardale Jones of Christian Hackenburg in next year's draft.

Hackenburg is God awful and I don't know why anyone talks about him at all...ever. He is brutal, simply brutal.

Edited by DJasper Probincrux III

I said near the end of the season, draft 2OL, a running back, LB, safety and at least 1 QB. PU a ufa, draft a QB every year until one hits. It is not a waste, just a crap shoot and you have to keep rolling till a QB comes up. Still draft one this year no matter how weak you think the draft is. P.S. Is Hunley gonna be around in the 2nd?

EJ regressed after getting hurt in the Cleveland game his first year.

No.

EJ's two best games as a rookie came after the Cleveland injury: home against the Jets in mid-November and at Jacksonville in mid-December.

Prairie View A&M? geez. offseason is so slow. sure there isn't a sure fire HS QB ready to make the jump as well?

You do know that Prairie View A&M plays in the SWAC, the same conference as Alcorn State, which produced former No. 6 overall pick and long-time franchise QB Steve McNair, right?