Jerry Lovelocke - Our draft QB

Personally I still have hopes for EJ but our other QBs seem to be either caretakers or shots in the dark. I think we all know the Bills will draft a QB but the draft class is supposedly weak. After looking into this I think our best fit may be Jerry Lovelocke.

In analyzing his game I see flashes of Brock Osweiler the heir apparent in Denver, Lindley from AZ, and interestingly both Foles and Bradford who were traded for each other. I think we could get him easily in the 5th but Baltimore is interested and Taylor is gone from there, waiting until the 6th may be dicey.

I think Lovelocke will be our guy.

Any thoughts on him?

Edited by 4merper4mer

Combine profile:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jerry-lovelocke?id=2552644

Looks like he passes the eye test in terms of size, and he's got HUGE hands.

Here's a bit of amateur analysis:

- Ball comes out quickly; very decisive

- Strong arm; ball comes out with velocity

- Delivery is bent-arm, which forces some 3/4 throws and elongates the motion

- Likes to throw into tight windows

- Has a funny habit of "looping" (not sure there's a better word for it) his plant foot behind him in his drop-back; looks like it throws his upper body out of balance at times

- Ball placement is consistent; hits WRs in stride

- Makes good zone-reads when given the option

- Keeps his eyes down the field when scrambling, but sometimes forces himself to leave the pocket by not getting through his progression

I'd really like to see him take more shots down the field, but what I've seen on the few videos I did watch looks good. I worry that he may not be able to make all of the NFL throws, simply because I haven't seen him throw downfield once. Really hard to put a grade on him without that, but I will say that he's intriguing.

I am not in favor at all of any QB that cannot throw over 60% completion in the FCS college ball during his senior year. Additionally, he regressed quite significantly from Junior to Senior year. Quite simply, that completion % at that level is not a good indication of success for an NFL QB.

The Bills organization is trying to win now. They didn't just start a project of building a team. As such, I wouldn't waste a draft pick on a quarterback. There are 4, yes FOUR quarterbacks on the roster right now. 2 of the 4 were just acquired and aren't going anywhere. They're not doing anything with Manuel, who hasn't even suited up for one season yet. Even if they release Jeff Tuel, drafting a QB makes no sense. It's utter stupidity.

If we take a late flyer my money's on Fajardo. He's coming out of the Nevada offense that Roman knows quite well at this point, and is a better passer, but worse athlete than Kaep was coming out.

I like you and you're a good poster....

Now that the pleasantries are out of the way: I think Fajardo is a horrendous passer. Criminally bad. Trainwreck bad. 8 out of 13 games as a senior where he was under 55% completions, and 4 of his final 5 under 50% completions.

I like you and you're a good poster....

Now that the pleasantries are out of the way: I think Fajardo is a horrendous passer. Criminally bad. Trainwreck bad. 8 out of 13 games as a senior where he was under 55% completions, and 4 of his final 5 under 50% completions.

Better passer than Kaep doesn't mean good :D Kaep has a cannon and no idea what touch is. He'd be a 7th rounder or UDFA and more than likely wind up on the PS if we cut Tuel

Better passer than Kaep doesn't mean good :D Kaep has a cannon and no idea what touch is. He'd be a 7th rounder or UDFA and more than likely wind up on the PS if we cut Tuel

As an UDFA, sure, I could see him being the 4th camp arm for someone.

I just think that there's other guys I like for that better, like Brandon Bridge of S. Alabama.

Video samples (with all-22) if anyone wants to check them out:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2530267/jerry-lovelocke

Saw lots of slants and short passes, maybe one intermediate pass. No long passes. Not sure what to make of him. He seemed accurate on the short passes. Did anyone see long passes or any comment on his long ball? Accuracy on long pass?

The Bills organization is trying to win now. They didn't just start a project of building a team. As such, I wouldn't waste a draft pick on a quarterback. There are 4, yes FOUR quarterbacks on the roster right now. 2 of the 4 were just acquired and aren't going anywhere. They're not doing anything with Manuel, who hasn't even suited up for one season yet. Even if they release Jeff Tuel, drafting a QB makes no sense. It's utter stupidity.

Well, he was benched after 4 games last year. Doesn't that count?

Well, he was benched after 4 games last year. Doesn't that count?

No. Do you so easily forget that Hacket was the OC and Marrone was the HC? If the organization were going to move on from Manuel, they already would have.

Unless a real gem falls all the way, the Bills should not draft another QB this year. Their quota has been met (and then some). Use the remaining picks on players who could actually play or add depth.