London game will be streamed on Yahoo

Question:

At or near game time, can we just go to Yahoo.com, wander around a bit, find a button that says "Click here to watch live streaming of the NFL game" and then...watch the game?

I.E., do I need to sign up for some account, create a password, sign up for some free service I don't want, etc.?

post-11748-0-73483900-1445353500_thumb.jpg

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Condescending much?

No the game is for everyone to watch I am out of market so I am happy I have the ability to watch this at home

My uncle had a Roku 7 years before I got one they have been around for awhile so for people to complain they don't have a laptop with hdmi or a device to play it is not the nfl faults.

Plus, Chromecast BLOWS in a wifi environment. I would not recommend it at all. The others or firetv (stick or box) are fine. But the easiest and cheapest is a laptop, tablet, or phone with the HDMI connection to your TV.

If used it mostly from local to a Tv not streaming regarding chrome cast

Plus, Chromecast BLOWS in a wifi environment. I would not recommend it at all. The others or firetv (stick or box) are fine. But the easiest and cheapest is a laptop, tablet, or phone with the HDMI connection to your TV.

Chromecast works great for me on my wifi network, but I guess the experience can vary widely based upon your infrastructure (ISP and Router Speed).

I'm all in favor of them providing games via streaming. It better work though and be a robust stream. I can easily see a possible train wreck though.

This is my biggest concern since as far as I know it will be the first live sporting event Yahoo will be streaming which makes it all the more amazing that they didnt do a trial run with another game.

Chromecast works great for me on my wifi network, but I guess the experience can vary widely based upon your infrastructure (ISP and Router Speed).

I have wireless N, most up to date. What I'm watching on chrome on the desktop is fine, its when I try and tab cast (which is what I suspect this game would be) that there is a problem. Lots of stutter on the TV. Youtube and things that have support for chromecast built in does work much better. Plus I have lots of people and gadgets that suck up the wireless bandwidth at any given time.

FireTV and other devices that get the stream directly rather than indirectly from another device like the chromecast does is just a better design IMO.

I have wireless N, most up to date. What I'm watching on chrome on the desktop is fine, its when I try and tab cast (which is what I suspect this game would be) that there is a problem. Lots of stutter on the TV. Youtube and things that have support for chromecast built in does work much better. Plus I have lots of people and gadgets that suck up the wireless bandwidth at any given time.

FireTV and other devices that get the stream directly rather than indirectly from another device like the chromecast does is just a better design IMO.

The most up to date is Wireless AC. It also helps if you're on 5GHz as opposed to 2.4GHz.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

This is my biggest concern since as far as I know it will be the first live sporting event Yahoo will be streaming which makes it all the more amazing that they didnt do a trial run with another game.

Bills versus Jags will have about the fewest people possible watching at 9:30AM eastern (6:30 in the west) and IS the trial run.

Desktop never worked for me but from phones or tablets no issues (chromecast)

Forgot about Vizio smart tvs have it built in as well idk why people are complaining a service we would normally be charged for

The most up to date is Wireless AC.

True enough but I cannot afford to upgrade everything in my house and I do not believe the Chromecast supports it yet. :)

Desktop never worked for me but from phones or tablets no issues (chromecast)

Forgot about Vizio smart tvs have it built in as well idk why people are complaining a service we would normally be charged for

I have primarily a windows household, tablets as well as phones. Casting from Chrome pretty much sucks at least on wifi.

Edited by CodeMonkey

You're right if you have a 1st generation Chromecast.

Yeah i have early adopter syndrome for most gadgets ;)

But I won't get another unless they open it up a lot more than they do now. A Windows SDK at the very least, not just via chrome. Google is almost as bad as Apple.

One guy had a .NET open source thing he had fairly far along, until Google shut him down. Lost a lot of respect for Google at that point.

Edited by CodeMonkey