My Mock Draft after Charles Clay Signing

We used a site that simulates the draft. So the program is drafting players to each team and when your team comes up, you pick from who is left (the big board). When I saw Williams in Round 3 I grabbed him, but yea, in real life he will probably be gone much sooner.

Which big board did you use? I rarely see him there in round 2, let alone 3 with composite

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teams that don't have a qb should usually always draft one at some point. If petty is there in rd 3, i suspect they'll take him.

I think the Bills will take either Hundley or Grayson at #50. The position is too important to let stand at Manuel and Cassel. IMO Cassel does not provide real competition and they want to find a young guy who will do that. The Bills are in no position to wait for the QB in round 3 that they tag as the real QB competition for Manuel. This is coming from a Manuel supporter and someone who thinks he still could prove to be the Bills franchise QB with a big year this season.

Now, if they do draft a QB at #50 and neither Manuel or that QB looks to be a good enough QB for the 2016 season then I think the Bills will try to make a monster trade for a franchise guy who's on the back of his career. Or perhaps Rivers is a free agent and wants to come to the team.

I think the Bills will take either Hundley or Grayson at #50. The position is too important to let stand at Manuel and Cassel. IMO Cassel does not provide real competition and they want to find a young guy who will do that. The Bills are in no position to wait for the QB in round 3 that they tag as the real QB competition for Manuel. This is coming from a Manuel supporter and someone who thinks he still could prove to be the Bills franchise QB with a big year this season.

Now, if they do draft a QB at #50 and neither Manuel or that QB looks to be a good enough QB for the 2016 season then I think the Bills will try to make a monster trade for a franchise guy who's on the back of his career. Or perhaps Rivers is a free agent and wants to come to the team.

I just don't see that happening. For one, I think Hundley goes before 50 (and Grayson is, IMO, nowhere near worth a 2nd rounder). Also, I just don't see how they can give 4 QBs enough snaps to have a real competition; even 3 QBs taking snaps is pushing it.

Unless they're planning to cut EJ, which would cost them $3M against the cap, it just doesn't hold water.

Which big board did you use? I rarely see him there in round 2, let alone 3 with composite

Whichever it defaults to. I've ran about 5 more drafts and the one I posted is the only time one of the better tight ends has fallen to the third.

I just don't see that happening. For one, I think Hundley goes before 50 (and Grayson is, IMO, nowhere near worth a 2nd rounder). Also, I just don't see how they can give 4 QBs enough snaps to have a real competition; even 3 QBs taking snaps is pushing it.

Unless they're planning to cut EJ, which would cost them $3M against the cap, it just doesn't hold water.

No, no. On this board Tyrod is a gimmick that got brought in for no reason and can't even compete with Tuel for 3rd QB.

Whichever it defaults to. I've ran about 5 more drafts and the one I posted is the only time one of the better tight ends has fallen to the third.

Oh, yeah they have their own default. Maybe it got better, but when I tried it a month ago I was getting things like Bryce Petty in the 5th round haha

Kiper thinks Grayson could be a late first round selection. Daniel Jeremiah has him as his third rated QB. So does Greg Gabriel at National Football Post. So there's opinion from a few draft "experts" that disputes that claim.

I really haven't done a lot of evaluating yet on the QBs. But seeing how the Bills interviewed everyone but the top two guys, that tells me that QB is in play at #50 and the two guys I mentioned are probably the targets. Maybe Petty could be a third target to watch also. As for the four way competition, I think they are going the Seahawks route of bringing in everybody and letting the chips fall where they may.

Kiper thinks Grayson could be a late first round selection. Daniel Jeremiah has him as his third rated QB. So does Greg Gabriel at National Football Post. So there's opinion from a few draft "experts" that disputes that claim.

I really haven't done a lot of evaluating yet on the QBs. But seeing how the Bills interviewed everyone but the top two guys, that tells me that QB is in play at #50 and the two guys I mentioned are probably the targets. Maybe Petty could be a third target to watch also. As for the four way competition, I think they are going the Seahawks route of bringing in everybody and letting the chips fall where they may.

I actually like Grayson; I just don't see a 1st or 2nd round pick there. I dug up what video I could find on draftbreakdown.com and did a draft preview of the QBs not named Wiston and Mariota:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/174727-bandits-2015-draft-report-qbs/

I agree that they're taking the Seahawks approach; I seem to remember them having a 3-way competition between Wilson, Flynn, and Jackson, right? Not saying that a 4th couldn't be added, just that I think one of the 3 on the current roster would be moved (most likely EJ) if that happens.

I actually like Grayson; I just don't see a 1st or 2nd round pick there. I dug up what video I could find on draftbreakdown.com and did a draft preview of the QBs not named Wiston and Mariota:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/174727-bandits-2015-draft-report-qbs/

I agree that they're taking the Seahawks approach; I seem to remember them having a 3-way competition between Wilson, Flynn, and Jackson, right? Not saying that a 4th couldn't be added, just that I think one of the 3 on the current roster would be moved (most likely EJ) if that happens.

I think Cassel is the odd man out if they draft a QB at #50. Wasn't Flynn the odd man out in Seattle?

I think Cassel is the odd man out if they draft a QB at #50. Wasn't Flynn the odd man out in Seattle?

They eventually traded Flynn a year later, to Oakland, for two late-round picks. You could be right about Cassel; my personal opinion is that they didn't trade for Cassel just to cut him. I think they brought him in to be either No. 1 or No. 2. Of the 3 they have on the roster, he's the only one with experience both starting and coming off the bench, and I don't think they'll give that up.

Fanspeak is all over the place depending which big board you use, just did a draft where Danny Shelton is there at 50 , personally I'd like a big CB and if combine freak Byron Jones was there at 50 I'd take a chance.

50: R2P18
G LAKEN TOMLINSON
DUKE
81: R3P17
G TRE JACKSON
FLORIDA STATE
147: R5P19
TE JESSE JAMES
PENN STATE
172: R6P12
TE NICK O'LEARY
FLORIDA STATE
178: R6P18
QB SEAN MANNION
OREGON STATE
209: R7P17
CB CAM THOMAS
WESTERN KENTUCKY

Tell me you wouldn't like this one.

G LAKEN TOMLINSON

DUKE

G TRE JACKSON

FLORIDA STATE

TE JESSE JAMES

PENN STATE

TE NICK O'LEARY

FLORIDA STATE

QB SEAN MANNION

OREGON STATE

CB CAM THOMAS

WESTERN KENTUCKY

Only p

Tell me you wouldn't like this one.

only issue I have is who r our lbs other than Bradham and Brown at this time and if one gets hurt? We have to draft one or 2 lbs if we don't resign Spikes. Lawson ok, but we need more inside help.

DE OWAMAGBE ODIGHIZUWA

UCLA

CB BYRON JONES

UCONN

DT LETTERIUS WATLON

CENTRAL MICHIGAN

OT KEVIN WHIMPEY

UTAH STATE

WR CHRIS CONLEY

GEORGIA

G JAMON BROWN

LOUISVILLE

maybe a little risky but a lot of upside

I think they should draft 2 QBs this year and if nobody steps up this year, draft 3 of them next year. If that doesn't work, draft 4 more of them for 2017. Hell, draft every QB they can find that isn't in a wheel chair. :beer:

Have another one. Then when you sober up take a good hard look at your username. :lol:

res ipsa loquitur

Your confidence level in those 2014 draft picks is?

Since you are an intelligent fellow it must be so high that you feel that the o-line is set and additional picks there would be a waste.

Or...your looking backwards without keeping an eye on what's in front of you.