The dangers of our new normal...

We asked that because most of us use the Socratic method to try to get you to realize you make absolutely no !@#$ing sense whatsoever.

gatorman doesn't have to make sense. somebody else made sense so he's entitled to his fair share of those sense

going back, two things I thought people would be outraged about ( revelations about torture and surveillance) have garnered a collective meh.. from the majority of the country and where people do have a strong opinion I think the pro torture pro surveillance people make up a slight majority.

ultimately, it all devolves to this mindset:

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/201/7/5/goering_s_greatest_quotes_by_vladimirseyer-d7rghxd.jpg

....lybob, on 17 Apr 2015 - 3:15 PM, said:snapback.png

going back, two things I thought people would be outraged about ( revelations about torture and surveillance) have garnered a collective meh.. from the majority of the country and where people do have a strong opinion I think the pro torture pro surveillance people make up a slight majority.

A slight majority of Americans are pro-surveillance and pro-torture?

Nazis?

Didn't "the right" get us into this mess in the first place?

"the right" loves to talk smaller government until they get in power. Patriot Act, Bush's drug benefit, wars of choice, Guantanamo, ...

All those things increased the size of government.

In the last 4 years, the left has given us:

1. Lois Lerner

2. FBI agents ransacking a business without a warrant and without any process whatsoever

3. A DC reporter being put on the terrorist watch list, and havin both his and his parent's phones tapped.

4. Need I go on? Really?!

Only an unmitigated moron pretends these attacks on PERSONAL privacy...for no other reason than political gain...are the same as trying to protect the country that just got hit on 9/11. Was Afghanistan a war of choice? :blink: Then why the F is "wars" plural? That's a F'ing dog whistle, so blow it out your ass. Post that crap, and this place will come down on you: ask gatorman.

Guantanamo is STILL open. Despite your idiot candidate's promise to close it. Why? Because he can't close it. He/you were completely ignorant of Guantanamo...which is why he made a promise he never, and didn't even know he never, had a chance of keeping. I laughed at him/you/the posters here the day he signed that executive order....and I'm still laughing.

Talk about aggressive stupidity. Everyone accused Bush of that. Obama has far surpassed Bush.

Say what you will about Bush, at least he acted in what he thought was the country's best interest. Obama acts either in his own best interest, or, in his "weaken America" agenda's best interest.. Or, he and his chief advisor, Valerie Jarrettt, are completely clueless on foreign policy, but instead of being careful....they compensate for their inadequacies with aggressive stupidity, compounding the problem, then demanding that we accept things like their wonderous Yemen adventure...as a "example of success". :lol:

You're an unmitigated moron if you can't see the difference between Obama and Bush here. Bush was acting out of good fatih. Obama acts out of petulance, after he gets caught/the ass falls out of his acts out of ignorance.

As I said before: REFORM. Whoever can convincingly become the Reform Candidate wins. I doubt Hillary can claim to reform....herself, and the rest of her cronies. It's possible. But, far more likely, someone from the RIGHT, WILL lay claim to that mantle, and that is and remains the reason:

Real reform on this subject will come from the right. My best guess? It comes from a Rand Paul Vice Presidency, whereby he will be given specific responsibility to reform the NSA, and all the rest of the alphabet soup.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

In the last 4 years, the left has given us:

1. Lois Lerner

2. FBI agents ransacking a business without a warrant and without any process whatsoever

3. A DC reporter being put on the terrorist watch list, and havin both his and his parent's phones tapped.

4. Need I go on? Really?!

Only an unmitigated moron pretends these attacks on PERSONAL privacy...for no other reason than political gain...are the same as trying to protect the country that just got hit on 9/11. Was Afghanistan a war of choice? :blink: Then why the F is "wars" plural? That's a F'ing dog whistle, so blow it out your ass. Post that crap, and this place will come down on you: ask gatorman.

Guantanamo is STILL open. Despite your idiot candidate's promise to close it. Why? Because he can't close it. He/you were completely ignorant of Guantanamo...which is why he made a promise he never, and didn't even know he never, had a chance of keeping. I laughed at him/you/the posters here the day he signed that executive order....and I'm still laughing.

Talk about aggressive stupidity. Everyone accused Bush of that. Obama has far surpassed Bush.

Say what you will about Bush, at least he acted in what he thought was the country's best interest. Obama acts either in his own best interest, or, in his "weaken America" agenda's best interest.. Or, he and his chief advisor, Valerie Jarrettt, are completely clueless on foreign policy, but instead of being careful....they compensate for their inadequacies with aggressive stupidity, compounding the problem, then demanding that we accept things like their wonderous Yemen adventure...as a "example of success". :lol:

You're an unmitigated moron if you can't see the difference between Obama and Bush here. Bush was acting out of good fatih. Obama acts out of petulance, after he gets caught/the ass falls out of his acts out of ignorance.

As I said before: REFORM. Whoever can convincingly become the Reform Candidate wins. I doubt Hillary can claim to reform....herself, and the rest of her cronies. It's possible. But, far more likely, someone from the RIGHT, WILL lay claim to that mantle, and that is and remains the reason:

Real reform on this subject will come from the right. My best guess? It comes from a Rand Paul Vice Presidency, whereby he will be given specific responsibility to reform the NSA, and all the rest of the alphabet soup.

You're an unmitigated moron if you think Bush was acting out of good faith. If he really did believe all the crap he shoveled to us like "it's a matter of weeks not months before Sadam has a nuke" or "Saddam has possessed and continues to possess the most deadly weapons known to man" or "wake up to a mushroom cloud", etc. then he really is dumber than a post.

I agree with you that the Afgan war was not a war of choice. Keeping it going for 14 years and counting is however. George Bush said in a debate against Al Gore that he was not into nation building. That turned out to be a bald faced lie. They all lie.

Just because I disagree with Bush and think he was one our our worst presidents ever, does not mean I am an Obama back pocket boy. I did vote for him 2008, but after he didn't close Guantanamo (which he absolutely could if he wanted to) or end Iraq or Afghanistan I chose to take my vote elsewhere.

All we did by attacking Iraq was kick over a hornets nest.

You're an unmitigated moron if you think Bush was acting out of good faith. If he really did believe all the crap he shoveled to us like "it's a matter of weeks not months before Sadam has a nuke" or "Saddam has possessed and continues to possess the most deadly weapons known to man" or "wake up to a mushroom cloud", etc. then he really is dumber than a post.

I agree with you that the Afgan war was not a war of choice. Keeping it going for 14 years and counting is however. George Bush said in a debate against Al Gore that he was not into nation building. That turned out to be a bald faced lie. They all lie.

Just because I disagree with Bush and think he was one our our worst presidents ever, does not mean I am an Obama back pocket boy. I did vote for him 2008, but after he didn't close Guantanamo (which he absolutely could if he wanted to) or end Iraq or Afghanistan I chose to take my vote elsewhere.

:thumbsup:

Yeah, he pretty much was acting out of good faith, and is dumber than a post.

Yeah, he pretty much was acting out of good faith, and is dumber than a post.

What was he doing when he landed on the air craft carrier? Seemed like he was enjoying the war, being a War Time President, ohhh rah! Gung ho!

What was he doing when he landed on the air craft carrier? Seemed like he was enjoying the war, being a War Time President, ohhh rah! Gung ho!

He was a former pilot, flying a carrier jet (admittedly, the equivalent of a box truck). Of course he was enjoying himself.

The real gung-ho, rah-rah jackasses were Cheney and Rumsfeld. Cheney was finishing up business from ten years past, and Rumsfeld...well, he was just a jackass. I've actually met him - he's obsessed with his Iraq "legacy," to the point of delusion.

Do you not know what the term "good faith" means?

Reasons for Long Posts DodgeTM #1: See how he avoids me calling him out on "wars of choice"? If this was a longer post, I'd have taken care of that. But...the experiment. Morons.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Do you not know what the term "good faith" means?

Long Post DodgeTM #1: See how he avoids me calling him out on "wars of choice"? If this was a longer post, I'd have taken care of that, but, 2 sentences. Morons.

I know what good faith means. Since you're so sure Bush acted in "good faith", can you prove it? Your opinion is he did, mine is he was did not.

I addressed "wars of choice". Did you miss this part?

"I agree with you that the Afgan war was not a war of choice. Keeping it going for 14 years and counting is however."

And that goes for Obama too.

I know what good faith means. Since you're so sure Bush acted in "good faith", can you prove it? Your opinion is he did, mine is he was did not.

I addressed "wars of choice". Did you miss this part?

"I agree with you that the Afgan war was not a war of choice. Keeping it going for 14 years and counting is however."

And that goes for Obama too.

Then why did your original repsonse say, specifically, "wars of choice"? What other "wars" are there besides Afghanistan and Iraq? No. "Wars of Choice" :: Whistle of Dog.

Reasons for Long PostsTM Dodge #2: See? Now we have 3 posts, rather than 1 long one. I wonder what I should set the O/U at? This could already be done. Instead...looks like pages are ahead. Morons.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Then why did your original repsonse say, specifically, "wars of choice"? What other "wars" are there besides Afghanistan and Iraq? No. "Wars of Choice" :: Whistle of Dog.

Reasons for Long PostsTM Dodge #2: See? Now we have 3 posts, rather than 1 long one. I wonder what I should set the O/U at? This could already be done. Instead...looks like pages are ahead. Morons.

I don't know OC, where I went to school in Texas they taught us that 2 is plural. Going in and wiping out the Taliban and running them off was fine. Hanging around for another 7 years (and then Obama took over) in my mind anyway, shifts from a war of necessity to a war of choice. If you disagree that's fine. That's why they make chocolate and vanilla.

I'm not really even sure what the second paragraph even means.

I don't know OC, where I went to school in Texas they taught us that 2 is plural. Going in and wiping out the Taliban and running them off was fine. Hanging around for another 7 years (and then Obama took over) in my mind anyway, shifts from a war of necessity to a war of choice. If you disagree that's fine. That's why they make chocolate and vanilla.

I'm not really even sure what the second paragraph even means.

Ah, so Iraq is the only war of choice then. But, war of choice doesn't have that same ring to it, does it? "Wars of Choice"...now that's the right frequency for a Dog Whistle. It's hilarious that you think "war" and "hanging around" belong in the same sentence. This isn't about disagree. No, this is about why they make short buses, and long ones. I'm guessing you rode the former...in Texas.

Yes, well, it's not really for you. I'm merely proving a point: you said "Wars of Choice", plural, because that's the Dog Whistle. You've spent successive posts trying to play that off, but spare me, the Dog Whistle is what you meant, because that's what you said. Due to short responses from me, you were allowed options to play it off. 1 long post from me, and you'd have had all your options removed. All you've done: proven my point to others. So, I thank you. And for the rest of you?

Morons.

No, this is about why they make short buses, and long ones. I'm guessing you rode the former...in Texas.

It's nice to see that Bills' TE MarQueis Gray has a much better attitude about people that ride the "short bus" than you do.

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?511221-MarQuise-Gray-Touching-Community-Involvement

Edited by reddogblitz

Ah, so Iraq is the only war of choice then. But, war of choice doesn't have that same ring to it, does it? "Wars of Choice"...now that's the right frequency for a Dog Whistle. It's hilarious that you think "war" and "hanging around" belong in the same sentence. This isn't about disagree. No, this is about why they make short buses, and long ones. I'm guessing you rode the former...in Texas.

Yes, well, it's not really for you. I'm merely proving a point: you said "Wars of Choice", plural, because that's the Dog Whistle. You've spent successive posts trying to play that off, but spare me, the Dog Whistle is what you meant, because that's what you said. Due to short responses from me, you were allowed options to play it off. 1 long post from me, and you'd have had all your options removed. All you've done: proven my point to others. So, I thank you. And for the rest of you?

Morons.

Really, you should just post like this for your audience. I actually read these.

Morons.

He thinks "war" and "occupation" are the same thing. Which they are now, thanks to the constant repetition of it.

But calling an occupation "hanging around" is pretty silly.

Perhaps "hanging around" was a poor choice of words. We've had troops over there fighting and dieing for the last 14 years and counting. That's a war no matter how you want to slice it. We went in out of necessity once upon a time, but staying and trying to nation build for the next 14, is a war of choice. It is now a war and we are choosing to stay in. Hence, a "War of Choice".

Once someone makes the "short bus" comment, I know I'm dealing with a nasty, bigoted, and ignorant person. Children who ride on "short busses" aren't stupid. Their brains are different from ours. It's not their fault. Ridiculing and mocking them is offensive.

Mean what you say. Don't cry about me calling you on it. This is a message board. The words you chose are all we have. And, this is the 5th time you've tried to play off using a political Dog Whistle, to make a political point. I'm betting you go for 6.

This is PPP. Deal with it. Posters come here BECAUSE we call each other retarded, short bus riders. And don't fool yourself: there's a buttload of lurkers who come here just to watch. You are in the pits: of either glory, or despair. If I can rattle you with a mere "short bus" reference? :lol: I don't need my axe, all I need is my thumb.

Really, you should just post like this for your audience. I actually read these.

Silly rabbit. Whatever made you think I can't change writing styles?

Whatever made you think any of this...isn't intentional?

He thinks "war" and "occupation" are the same thing. Which they are now, thanks to the constant repetition of it.

But calling an occupation "hanging around" is pretty silly.

And, I assure you, this conceptual problem would have been addressed ...if I was allowed to write more than 2 sentences.

Instead, what do we have? If you scroll the page? We have more room taken up than a single long post, AND, I'd say we're only about 1/3 of the way through this. 1 long post would have taken care of all the quibbling, and backpedaling, and the "story about the time I lived in Texas".

But whatever, I can play this game. I'm just saying. And who knows, perhaps the unnecessary back and forth may generate some humor. But, I guarantee...it's not as efficient.

And, I assure you, this conceptual problem would have been addressed ...if I was allowed to write more than 2 sentences.

No it wouldn't, because people just ignore your polemical rants. How do you not even begin to understand that?

Mean what you say. Don't cry about me calling you on it. This is a message board. The words you chose are all we have. And, this is the 5th time you've tried to play off using a political Dog Whistle, to make a political point. I'm betting you go for 6.

This is PPP. Deal with it. Posters come here BECAUSE we call each other retarded, short bus riders. And don't fool yourself: there's a buttload of lurkers who come here just to watch. You are in the pits: of either glory, or despair. If I can rattle you with a mere "short bus" reference? :lol: I don't need my axe, all I need is my thumb.

Whatever. LOL :lol: