The dangers of our new normal...

I'm about half way through the Snowden show with John Oliver--watching it in small chunks when I get the chance-- and I'm pretty unimpressed with the "loaded gun pointed at our head," as Snowden puts it. So he admits the government has not used this for "nefarious purposes," but they could!

No I'm referring to the drone strike on an American citizen.

That was an accident and has nothing to do with this thread as far as I'm concerned

That was an accident and has nothing to do with this thread as far as I'm concerned

No that was not an accident and that's not the drone strike I'm talking about. I'm talking about American citizens that were targeted by our government and killed. And this absolutely belongs here.

I'm about half way through the Snowden show with John Oliver--watching it in small chunks when I get the chance-- and I'm pretty unimpressed with the "loaded gun pointed at our head," as Snowden puts it. So he admits the government has not used this for "nefarious purposes," but they could!

Showing yet again you haven't understood anything being discussed in this thread...

Showing yet again you haven't understood anything being discussed in this thread...

The sky is falling... :lol:

No that was not an accident and that's not the drone strike I'm talking about. I'm talking about American citizens that were targeted by our government and killed. And this absolutely belongs here.

Doesn't that go under the category of killing a traitor engaged in armed rebellion/attack on the government and people of the US?

Oliver is pretty harsh towards Snowden's ideas. The comparison of the high flying hawk--sort of like me--to the groveling, blind mole--you guys--and how the hawk catches and kills the mole is pretty reveling. And how--GASP--Snowden's leaks showed we were monitoring ISIS! The horror! How could our government be doing such a horrible thing

Oliver is pretty harsh towards Snowden's ideas. The comparison of the high flying hawk--sort of like me--to the groveling, blind mole--you guys--and how the hawk catches and kills the mole is pretty reveling. And how--GASP--Snowden's leaks showed we were monitoring ISIS! The horror! How could our government be doing such a horrible thing

:w00t:

Even traitors go through a trial.

So the government should arrest and try every armed, fighting/killing on the run terrorists and not try and kill them. Trying to kill them would be wrong!

Whatever

The fact you think that's people's position in this thread, enough so that you think it's a put down, shows once again how little you've understood in these 22 pages.

Blah blah blah, "You can't ever, ever, ever understand what we think, so please stop trying! We are complicated!"

So the government should arrest and try every armed, fighting/killing on the run terrorists and not try and kill them. Trying to kill them would be wrong!

Whatever

So you're ok with the government deciding which of their citizens should live or die?

"You can't ever, ever, ever understand what we think, so please stop trying! We are complicated!"

It can be difficult to understand a topic when you are willfully ignorant of the subject, this is true. And things can appear complicated when you misinterpret nearly every thing said in a thread... like you have in this one.

It can be difficult to understand a topic when you are willfully ignorant of the subject, this is true. And things can appear complicated when you misinterpret nearly every thing said in a thread... like you have in this one.

I'm getting educated like you told me too, watching the video and all. Half way through and nothing really to be super worried about. I see where you get your hysterical rhetoric from, though

Oh so are there different categories of citizens now? Please list them.

1) Normal people

2) People that have chosen to wage war against the United States and its people

If the government wants to kill number 2, I'll be ok with that