At what point would you make a move for QB?

So, with all the moves that have been made so far this off-season, the only major hole on this team seems to be QB (maybe O-line, a little)

Assuming the top 2 QBs in the draft are out of reach, at what point should they consider going after a QB, I like Petty as the 3rd best.

If he drops late into first round, do you make a trade? maybe past 20 or so.

Or wait and see if he makes it through day one, then do whatever you can to get top pick in the second (Tampa, I would assume they have Winston)

I would really try to get back into the first if he gets past the 15-20 range.

I just don't see DW going into camp with who is on the roster now.

Petty will make it out of the 1st, might even make it out of the 2nd depending how teams stack him up against Hundley and Grayson. I just hope we don't try to move around too much unless it means more picks

Since the consensus is that 2015 is weak, both at the top and overall, I'd be happier to get more pics for 2016.

Is this a green light to start a "what about a trade for Brees?" thread?

A DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT

http://www.sbnation....s-brandin-cooks

The New Orleans Saints are ready for an overhaul. After going 7-9 last season, the Saints are reportedly shopping "everyone but Drew Brees and Brandin Cooks," according to ESPN's Jeremy Fowler.

being discussed in 2 threads

So, with all the moves that have been made so far this off-season, the only major hole on this team seems to be QB (maybe O-line, a little)

Assuming the top 2 QBs in the draft are out of reach, at what point should they consider going after a QB, I like Petty as the 3rd best.

Or wait and see if he makes it through day one, then do whatever you can to get top pick in the second (Tampa, I would assume they have Winston)

If the Bills traded into the first round to draft Bryce Petty they would be the laughing stock of the league and this site would absolutely implode. He's not going to be taken in the first, no way, no how. In fact, I would highly doubt he even goes in the second round and he will almost certainly be available for our second round pick.

As noted earlier, next year's QB crop looks pretty darn good in my eyes. Cook, Kessler, Prescott, Boykin, Hogan all have nice potential and I look at Cook and Kessler as top level prospects (not quite luck level, but just below that) even though Kessler has yet to really receive a ton of acclaim. I think when all is said and done after next season he will. He's just like Brees in my mind, great decision maker, extremely accurate, some say lacking size and arm strength though but very successful in USC's pro-style offense. 69.7% completion, 3826 yards, 39 TDs, 5 INTs in one of the better conferences in the country. Sign me up.

Edited by Mark80

IF needed

Next Season after

EJ gets his full year to show us what he has for talents

Any QB drafted this year will most likely end up on the PS

IMO he has already shown us and it hasn't been pretty. No need to prolong the inevitable. Next!

OL is a huge hole. RT, RG, and LG are all questionmarks. If Wood and Glenn return to previous years' form, Henderson improves and Williams returns from back injury and Incognito from his 1.5 season layoff, we're OK but not great.

That's a big pile of "ifs".

I think the draft is OL, TE, RB .... not sure what else, maybe DB?

Of course, if Leroi is right and EJ is cut, then I'll think something else.

IMO he has already shown us and it hasn't been pretty. No need to prolong the inevitable. Next!

I see you attend the Leroi School of QB Development. If the coaches see it as you do he'll be cut.

If he's not, the coaches see it as "what can you show us?"

Back in 1997 and every year since Kelly retired until we found another HoF caliber QB !!

EJ will win the job and will be fine. There is no QB in this draft class on paper that will be any good except Winston and he has non-football issues.

This is the year to trade down or even trade for picks next year. This draft class is awful and in particular at TE and QB.

Get a Center/Guard, S, CB, and LB.