Spiller could help the Bills win in 2015 after all

I posted what I saw on the site. If people want exact #'s then should do their own research.

I reiterated what I heard on the radio on Mike and Mike over the next 2 seasons his cap hit is $53m

IF I repeated incorrect information please contact Mike and Mike had have them provide more accurate information to their listeners and then idiots like me won't repeat them (even though the #'s I saw were in line with their broadcast)

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/cap/

if it says $26,400,000 under Cap Hit then idiots like me will believe that the hit is - $26,400,000

the problem is his CAP HIT and money due to him are two different things.

so when you hear someone has a cap hit of X and come here saying he is due X -- thats not the same thing.

its just you have been all over with links to spotrac but whats on the site hasnt consistently been matching your interpretation. its similar to last week when you thought mccoy had 5 years 45m left on his deal at the trade leaking because spotrac was listing the full existing deal he signed 2 years ago, or how you are all about the rookie pool even though ive explained several times why it doesnt make a ton of sense for us to focus on.... you keep using "all i can do is interpret whats on the site" but if you are consistently getting it wrong, its not helpful to come here and tell people your interpretations of it was my point. no shame in that - just ask more questions and make fewer definitive statements about the cap while you learn.

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the problem is his CAP HIT and money due to him are two different things.

so when you hear someone has a cap hit of X and come here saying he is due X -- thats not the same thing.

its just you have been all over with links to spotrac but whats on the site hasnt consistently been matching your interpretation. its similar to last week when you thought mccoy had 5 years 45m left on his deal at the trade leaking because spotrac was listing the full existing deal he signed 2 years ago, or how you are all about the rookie pool even though ive explained several times why it doesnt make a ton of sense for us to focus on.... you keep using "all i can do is interpret whats on the site" but if you are consistently getting it wrong, its not helpful to come here and tell people your interpretations of it was my point. no shame in that - just ask more questions and make fewer definitive statements about the cap while you learn.

lets agree to say it is a shipload of money owed Drew. OK ?

Why? There were a lot of good RBs available who have a history of producing.

Not really. Forsett and Ingram had one good season and part of a good season between them. Matthews has been erratic and injury prone. Bush and Gore are over 30. Other than DeMarco Murray (and even had trouble staying healthy before last year's monster of a season), there were a lot of question marks/RBs with similar histories to Spiller.

Spiller is great when he gets into space, and when he's healthy. He has a history of being banged up -- even when he's playing, his bumps and bruises really diminish his abilities. He and Jarius Byrd can sit in the training room and reminisce about WNY.

Lets not forget that if Spiller & Agent don't turn the Bills offer of 4.5 per season MCCoy is probably never a Bill.

IF he signs with the Saints it's a double bonus!

Edited by qwksilver

what? they are trading Drew Brees? we are going to get DREW BREES!!!!!

part II

Drew Brees trade rumors include Jameis Winston and Blake Bortles

Brees to the Buffalo Bulls :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Like the Buccaneers, the Bills would have a young quarterback in EJ Manuel to trade the Saints for Brees. In order to land Brees, the Bills would likely have to give up more than just the unproven quarterback

Bills fans erupt over rumor of potential trade for elite quarterback Brees

Read More

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

On a visit to NO, which has slim cap space

@ChrisTrapasso: #Saints could (are likely) to cut Jahri Evans ($6M savings) to make room for Spiller. Cutting Ben Grubbs would save $3.6M. Not as likely though

Who knows if he would even make the playoffs with the Saints...

On a visit to NO, which has slim cap space

@ChrisTrapasso: #Saints could (are likely) to cut Jahri Evans ($6M savings) to make room for Spiller. Cutting Ben Grubbs would save $3.6M. Not as likely though

@DrewBoylhart: #Saints may have to release RG Jahri Evans #NFL