WR Percy Harvin's first visit is with Bills

Punch

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm searching the list of emoji on my iPhone and I can't seem to find the "100" one. This sucks. I wonder if the double underline has a special meaning?

lmao.

god that might be the "oldest" comment i've ever read.

on any message board.

ever.

(it's on the second screen from the right, on the !?# tab)

This guy has been dropped from every team he's been on for a reason. I do not want him to be part of the Bills organization.

Hey remember this Man is a Champion at two of those stations...One of those stations he won twice (Florida)

Hmmm... we don't have a franchise QB, but we do have a creative OC who knows how to get the ball in players hands in space. So run the ball down the defenses throats and throw a lot of slants, bubble screens and go patterns to playmakers who thrive on that. I wonder who could do that besides Watkins?

Harvin = 600 yds on EJ's total

Agreed. People forget how unbelievably good he is when healthy and plugged into an offense. We wouldn't have to lean on him either. At a price we can afford, he would put the offense talent over the edge. We do still need another 2 OLman, a TE, and a few Rex filler-picks on D. If we can do all of that...go for it.

I mean, with Bob Woods, Percy Harvin, Sammy Watkins, and Charles Clay running routes and Shady running behind what will hopefully be a good line....I believe even Matt Cassel could have success.

Harvin, Watkins, Shady & Clay can win for many years

Damn kids...More better good WR's (Harvin) means more better good real estate for the WR's to work with. More better good real estate for the WR's to work with equals more better good WR results. More better good WR results equals 100 yard games for Watkins, Woods and Harvin.

I like my answer better.

I still like my answer more better goodly.

This guy is ridiculous...Percy Harvin can equal our 50+ plays in a year

That'd be cool

Im sure he's plugged in

love sammy on the field, but he's definitely one of the dumber players on our team.

Check yourself

Regarding Harvin:

@jchenelly: @pawlikIII The #Bills believe he skipped his visit to New England and went home to mull offers.

@jchenelly: @pawlikIII Yes, but he went home to contemplate offers.

This is a very important playmaking switch between the Powers

I wasn't judging just on his performance against us, only used it as an example. I saw other Jets games where he didn't do much and several games before that with Seattle (who he had been with for over a year) where he didn't do much.

In the past 2 years he's only had one good game that I've seen. SB XLVIII.

Add to the lack of performance over the last 2 years to his history (going all the way back to college) of being hard to get along with and not a team player, and I hope we pass.

It's funny, he was the ONLY Jets player I was worried about...Because he's they only one capable of 200+ total yards any given game against any given opponent

EJ may throw a wild haymaker. Whether it will connect is a whole 'nother story.

Harvin dealt well with Tebow as a leader, & he won a championship with Carroll & company. The only question is if EJ is willing to put as much on the line as him

How interested are the Bills in signing him? Does anyone have a guess?

Super serious? Serious? Casual interest?

should be serious...Very serious

McCoy

Watkins

Woods

Harvin

Clay

A big name QB would be nice to add to this list, but even without this would be a solid Offense...

You're looking at it correctly

Was looking at NFL.com story "Where will Percy Land"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000477119/article/new-england-patriots-lead-percy-harvin-landing-spots

They think with the Pats #1. The Bills #2, but the Bills blurb says this:

"Our concern is that Harvin might be too similar in skill set to Sammy Watkins, another dangerous ball carrier limited to bubble screens, crossers and the occasional go route."

I'm ok with them comparing him to Sammy, but I was surprised to see the "limited to bubble screens, crossers and the occasional go route" in regards to Sammy. I don't think we even saw the best of Sammy

last year, and yet I don't remember him being used on only bubble screens and crossers, am I wrong? I mean what routes are they saying he can't run? Outs, hooks? Just found that odd.

As to Percy...as others have said, if its an easy contract for the Bills to get out of if things don't work out, I'm all for it. That would be a heck of a lot of playmakers on the field at one time. Who do you double?

Can't shade shady and double Sammy and double Percy and even if you could, remember Rex saying when (with the Jets) they doubled Sammy, "That sucker killed us." meaning Robert Woods. And add in Clay,

Freddy, Felton, Bryce, Boobie, Chandler, and Hogan. That is one solid set of skill players. Plus we'd keep the Pats from getting him. What kind of havoc could he create in the Welker/Edelman role for Brady?

The question of what he can do for NE is the reason we should sign him alone. Nightmares, more nightmares...and Im done with THAT.

Rather sign Easley, the Bills are ok at WR .

You have no idea about mentality and talent then

If Harvin was a 6'4" freak who might be the second best wr ever, I'd be more willing to overlook it. Instead, he is a little dude (Napoleon syndrome), who has bad headaches who can't stay healthy, who never had a 1,000 yard season, and has been in decline.

I mean if he was super cheap. But chemistry matters more in football than any other sport. IF you can't get along with Pete Carroll or Leslie Frazier, you have problems.

Harvin is a guy who has consistently outperformed challengers on the highest level. He's one who can dial it up

Sammy, woods and Harvin would have to be by far the best group of RAC receivers

+1

? What have u heard?

What kind of $ do u think we will offer? 3ys 15m 8m garanteed sounds about right. I want him signed today. If he goes to the pats, he will be a BIG matchup prob. And they have the $.

A off-season of Incognito, Macoy, clay, Harvin,'re-sign Hughes, and a O-lineman (I'm assuming they will pick up someone) is a amazing off-season. Only losing CJ and Searcy!!! We had 9 wins last year, with these additions and the new coaching staff we can be a real contender

CORRECT!

Joe Buscaglia @JoeBuscaglia

OOooOoooOoo RT @PrescottRossi: Was told by a Bills PR staffer to stay at One Bills Drive for a few more minutes. Wheels are in motion.

Not sure if this is referring to Felton or Harvin, but Harvin is reportedly in the building right now.

Harvin is a ready to PARTY!!!

It's pretty clear that this team is establishing an identity to run the ball and stop the run, then field position becomes part of the game plan.

People are placing too much emphasis on Harvin the WR, but I have yet to see anyone dispel what he is capable of in the return game. Just look at what he did against the Broncos in the Super Bowl.

He will be able to provide some wrinkles in the passing/running game, but he is more than just that, IMO, and worth the risk.

yes, Harvin wins ...He's a difference maker

Pretty sure they will land Felton, but man I hope they sign Harvin. This offense sucked last year and needs playmakers and mismatches on the field. Harvin in the slot would give us that. Keeping him from the Pats is a plus too. BB and Pats scheme is predicated on mismatches.

This signing would be potentially the best of the offseason if we can nail it down...Witness the strength of Whaley

The question of what he can do for NE is the reason we should sign him alone. Nightmares, more nightmares...and Im done with THAT.

You have no idea about mentality and talent then

Harvin is a guy who has consistently outperformed challengers on the highest level. He's one who can dial it up

+1

CORRECT!

Harvin is a ready to PARTY!!!

yes, Harvin wins ...He's a difference maker

This signing would be potentially the best of the offseason if we can nail it down...Witness the strength of Whaley

Percy? Is that you? If so, sign with the Bills on the cheap then do your thing. Well, just to be clear, the dynamic playmaker thing, not the punch teammates and choke coaches thing.

He'd be a good depth and occasional spread player in our offensive set unless Roman doesn't think much of Woods. He'd be a threat to someone like Marquise Goodwin or Hogan but it's hard to envision him in a starting role. He has obvious value in special teams.

He's a better talent than Goodwin or Hogan

I always assumed we didn't have any real shot at Harvin... this is crazy O.o

why? the guy probably has no shot with half the teams in the league due to his issues, and half the remaining teams simply wouldnt have need/make sense. His pool is pretty small, and simply by being a part of it we are a front runner.