mean while WGR-55 talking about Mike Shopes new sneakers

The first time I saw what Howard Simon looked like I was shocked...

Only knowing him from on the radio I expected an old 300 pound man with grey hair hobbling around with a cane or something....

...instead, love.

Oh my god give me a freaking break. Didn't see this thread coming. They talked about the Bills for four hours straight and he mentions sneakers for literally 20 seconds and you couldn't wait to run to your keyboard. This is so played out. You've lived in Buffalo your whole life and assume that every sports radio host in the country talks about sports the whole time. They don't. The formula changed a long time ago to include anecdotal conversation. Everyone does it. What everyone does not do is bump their own thread two posts in.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Oh my god give me a freaking break. Didn't see this thread coming. They talked about the Bills for four hours straight and he mentions sneakers for literally 20 seconds and you couldn't wait to run to your keyboard. This is so played out. You've lived in Buffalo your whole life and assume that every sports radio host in the country talks about sports the whole time. They don't. The formula changed a long time ago to include anecdotal conversation. Everyone does it. What everyone does not do is bump their own thread two posts in.

This.

I've lived many different places. He's the worst.

But he kills tennis and card collecting talk. He's the king of that.

His name is spelled Mike Schoop.

Did anyone hear the long line of flat out idiots who called today?

His level of frustration was at record levels.

I'm not sure if it's funny, sad, entertaining, or horrible.

The average IQ of his callers is about 10 degrees below room temperature.

I used to think I wanted to call in to sports radio. If only I had the time I would, I'd think..........But, I never did............I think people who have time to call in to the radio have too much time on their hands, and probably for a reason.

Part of that came from taking points callers were making and taking them to absurd conclusions. There was a caller who was trying to make a point that the Manning Broncos, while good, could not win a SB. And Schopp just laid into him about how could a Bills fan not want to be as good as the Manning Broncos. I understood what the caller was saying. Schopp on the other hand saw an excuse to hammer a caller.

stop giving them attention. This thread just gave them more attention. Their job is TO GET ATTENTION. It doesn't matter how they get it.

Buffalo is a small place. If anyone here or elsewhere wants to go looking for Buffalo-oriented sports talk radio, they know where to find it. There's only one game in town, but that's par for the course.

There is no secret being let out by publicity of this show.