Compensation Picks for Byrd/Others Lost in 2014??

LOL Does a late 7th really count? that's like getting a street FA the day after the draft

Well the Bills have had the 9th most since the picks have started at 26. Baltimore has the most at 41 picks since 1994. Just shows how bad the drafting has been for the Bills over the past decade, the guys we let go no one wanted more then the guys we needed to bring in.

That is probably the big reason they never transition tagged Hughes, b.c if him and Searcy get huge contracts it would mean compensation next year.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Well the Bills have had the 9th most since the picks have started at 26. Baltimore has the most at 41 picks since 1994. Just shows how bad the drafting has been for the Bills over the past decade, the guys we let go no one wanted more then the guys we needed to bring in.

That is probably the big reason they never transition tagged Hughes, b.c if him and Searcy get huge contracts it would mean compensation next year.

seems like not recently.... back in the 90's the Bills lost a lot of players helping their demise

We get nothing. Had we not signed 1 of our FA's signees last year, we would've likely received a 3rd/4th round selection. It's no coincidence that the Baltimore Ravens and Patriots have multiple compensatory picks awarded almost every year. Smart business accumulating extra mid round draft choices if you can work the system intelligently, you just have to make sure you always have a net loss via FA. Then you replace those losses in FA with your "compensatory" picks that work for cheap. I get the impression the Bills won't be operating under this model though, by the looks of things lately. Their loss.

Edited by Estro

We get nothing. Had we not signed 1 of our FA's signees last year, we would've likely received a 3rd/4th round selection. It's no coincidence that the Baltimore Ravens and Patriots have multiple compensatory picks awarded almost every year. Smart business accumulating extra mid round draft choices if you can work the system intelligently, you just have to make sure you always have a net loss via FA. Then you replace those losses in FA with your "compensatory" picks that work for cheap. I get the impression the Bills won't be operating under this model though, by the looks of things lately. Their loss.

NE only has one more compensatory pick then the Bills have gotten since it started...

Bills 26

Pats 27

I am hoping with the trades we can get a comp pick or even two. This is the first year under the pegulas and they seem to value draft picks with the sabres, so...

NE only has one more compensatory pick then the Bills have gotten since it started...

Bills 26

Pats 27

What is the count the last 6-8 years?

Especially if you take out the "we didn't give out enough so we are starting an 8th round" ones

My gut tells me the pats win that

Edited by NoSaint

What is the count the last 6-8 years?

Especially if you take out the "we didn't give out enough so we are starting an 8th round" ones

My gut tells me the pats win that

Yea they do... Actually 24 since Belichick took over. They took Brady with one and we have Matt Cassel who was also a compensatory pick.