Savannah/Amelia Island? Yes, i want advice

plenzmd1

Hi all,.

Start of spring vacation, in Savannah Monday night, Amelia Island Tuesday.Have hotels booked and thats about it.

4 of us, but two are teenagers so no epic drinking binges or $300 meals...wide open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Hi all,.

Start of spring vacation, in Savannah Monday night, Amelia Island Tuesday.Have hotels booked and thats about it.

4 of us, but two are teenagers so no epic drinking binges or $300 meals...wide open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance

hotels.com?

thats all I got for you

you can, and should, get 'to go' cups of beer in savannah....spring break already?? My son in chesterfield has his spring break first week of april

Hi all,.

Thanks in advance

Edited by The Poojer

you can, and should, get 'to go' cups of beer in savannah....spring break already?? My son in chesterfield has his spring break first week of april

They are at Collegiate Pooj,'always go early. To go cup sounds good though!

BTW, found out last year red wine looks exactly like diet coke in a 16 oz bottle. Just a useful tidbit for those times one might need a little pick me up in places where aittle pick me up is not allowed.

I surprised they even have Spring Break this year considering all the "snow days!" Global Warming isn't working out very well.

There was some movie made in Savannah , I forget the name. Watch that movie and maybe get some ideas from there. I think Kevin Spacey was in it.

Yeah, Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil. Clint Eastwood made it. As usual, the book was much better.

We were there in 2001, and there were actually tours to take you to the story locations. It's a very entertaining read, but I'd skip the movie.

Hope you have a good time.

We are heading down to Arlington end of month see son and wife. Think we are doing the news museum.

Have fun as always. I will give advice on the Newsuem...get there early and plan on spending the whole morning there...starts to get crazy crowded around 11.30 on weekends. Then go do other DC stuff in afternoon, come back next day in early AM and finish up.

For me...this is the best museum not only in DC, but best i am ever visited.

Yeah, Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil. Clint Eastwood made it. As usual, the book was much better.

We were there in 2001, and there were actually tours to take you to the story locations. It's a very entertaining read, but I'd skip the movie.

I did read the book way back when...cant remember one GD thing about it LOL.

We are grabbing some bikes , doing a self guided podcast tour...then dinner reservations and late ghost tour after dinner

I liked the movie but I like all Kevin Spacey movies. Did you ever Kpax with Kevin Spacey?

Give the kids a hundred and tell them to go have fun. Leaves you and the wife some special time alone. Lol

Children aren't that cheap anymore... 100 bucks won't even get my son to blink his eye... I gotta send him off to Amsterdam and then on to Germany for the first 10 days of April! For Latin class! German "Roman" tour... Boy, all I got in Latin class was was 40 minutes a day class time with an 80 year old battle axe of a Latin teacher and "C" to show for it! He gets a German Roman Holiday w/a sidebar in Amsterdam! What a punk!

:lol::wallbash:

I am sure he will be very interested in the Holland canal lock scene! <_< NOT!

Had some pralines last night as restuarant was on River!

What a beautiful city! The ghost tour sucked last night , but was awesome to walk the city and see the architecture and streets and all the squares.

Looking forward to riding the bikes today and getting a little deeper into the history. Looks like a great town for a 2 day visit.