B Marshall to jets

I wonder if Chip Kelly has stopped laughing at us yet, especially after seeing this trade.

Whaley has done some nice things here and there, but he needs to go. The Bills need a GM who understands positional value and the salary cap if they want to compete with the big boys. This guy is just winging it.

there are some who question Chip's moves, and until games are played we will see who got the better of the deal.

Lets see who Chip gets to replace Shady before the laughing begins or ends

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they want Cobb or draft a WR.

For the Browns... They need at least 3 WRs and have ultra cap space and many draft needs. They are going to have a very hard time getting a decent FA WR to go there with their QB situation. A 4th rd pick for Marshall, who has played with mccown, is a no brainer IMO. Farmer truly is asleep or stupid. Edited by YoloinOhio

For the Browns... They need at least 3 WRs and have ultra cap space and many draft needs. They are going to have a very hard time getting a decent FA WR to go there with their QB situation. A 4th rd pick for Marshall, who has played with mccown, is a no brainer IMO. Farmer truly is asleep or stupid.

Maybe but they might also think they have bigger problems then a WR. WR can only catch passes if the QB throws to him and it needs to be accurately. Other positions that big money can be used for.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Marshall is a good player and will put up some stats on highlight reel long balls from Geno but he just never scared me when he was on the Dolphins. He's good though. They surely aren't keeping Harvin now.

Chan will get some offense out of them but they look like a .500 team to me, like the Dolphins do, even with Suh.

So, Brandon Marshal, a 31 year old receiver coming off back to back to back Pro Bowls in 2011-13 nets a fifth rounder.

And an injured linebacker we don't need netted us the 2013 rushing champion who had more yards last year in a down year than any Bills rusher since Travis Henry in 2003.

Anyone still want to debate the McCoy trade?

Ummm yea....

Sounds like we should have given up a 6th rounder, using your logic.

This is good for the East, I thought the Jets were going to be smart and spend this money on root pieces of defense and offense... Instead they grab another WR with a big cap hit...

This is good for the East, I thought the Jets Bills were going to be smart and spend this money on root pieces of defense and offense... Instead they grab another WR RB with a big cap hit...

Edited by peterpan

Someone just said, that Schefter just said, that the Bills were also talking to the Bears about trading for Marshall.

If true, I'm kind of glad to hear that. I don't think Marshall would necessarily be a great fit, although 10x better than Hogan, but I like it because if true, the Bills are considering throwing the ball downfield a little more than it sounds with all the ground and pound talk.

Someone just said, that Schefter just said, that the Bills were also talking to the Bears about trading for Marshall.

If true, I'm kind of glad to hear that. I don't think Marshall would necessarily be a great fit, although 10x better than Hogan, but I like it because if true, the Bills are considering throwing the ball downfield a little more than it sounds with all the ground and pound talk.

the whole ground and pound thing to me is overplayed. Yes, they said it. But I think it refers to being able to run the ball very effectively because everyone knows we don't have an elite QB to rely on the passing game. For example Kyle Orton threw the ball 55 times in Denver. We barely lost that game. If we'd been able to run the ball we would have won. I don't think it means we won't pass, especially with Sammy and especially with play action. It won't be "3 yards and a cloud of dust" IMO like some have implied. They are going to use McCoy in the passing game too, I think. I believe they just know they absolutely have to establish a running game that opponents respect and fear in order to compete offensively with the teams who do have the elite QB. Edited by YoloinOhio

Ummm yea....

Sounds like we should have given up a 6th rounder, using your logic.

This is good for the East, I thought the Jets Bills were going to be smart and spend this money on root pieces of defense and offense... Instead they grab another WR RB with a big cap hit...

RB>WR and it isn't even close. Dear god it isn't even close.

the whole ground and pound thing to me is overplayed. Yes, they said it. But I think it refers to being able to run the ball very effectively because everyone knows we don't have an elite QB to rely on the passing game. For example Kyle Orton threw the ball 55 times in Denver. We barely lost that game. If we'd been able to run the ball we would have won. I don't think it means we won't pass, especially with Sammy and especially with play action. It won't be "3 yards and a cloud of dust" IMO like some have implied. They are going to use McCoy in the passing game too, I think. I believe they just know they absolutely have to establish a running game that opponents respect and fear in order to compete offensively with the teams who do have the elite QB.

Yup. I also think I read that the 49ers averaged 30 passes a game under Roman's power run attack. That's enough.

RB>WR and it isn't even close. Dear god it isn't even close.

Grudgingly agree. To a point.

WR = 5-8 touches per game (and really its targets, not receptions). RB = 18-25 touches per game.

Yes, RBs are devalued in this league, but WR is becoming devalued too, very fast, with all the talk of the rookie WRs being able to come in and contribute right away.

I understand there are other effects a good WR, or a "big" WR, can have without touching, but still. So can a good RB. Like Adrian Peterson, who commands 11 in the box.

Edited by maddenboy