E:60 The Real McCoy

Espn did a feature on McCoy a few years ago. It's about 12 min.

Philadelphia Eagles RB LeSean McCoy is no secret to NFL fans. But in high school, LeSean suffered a devastating ankle injury that threatened his football future. E:60's Lisa Salters tells the story of how McCoy made it to the NFL.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MxraBDVn-Go

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing.

He seems like a good kid. He was the #1 overall recruit in the country out of HS before he hurt his ankle. I believe Bryce Brown was as well. Let's hope we can get some blocking for these guys.

I didn't realize his mom was the one who nicknamed him "Shady" when we was a baby because he was moody, lol.

He seems like a good kid. He was the #1 overall recruit in the country out of HS before he hurt his ankle. I believe Bryce Brown was as well. Let's hope we can get some blocking for these guys.

I didn't realize his mom was the one who nicknamed him "Shady" when we was a baby because he was moody, lol.

I never heard that nickname until yesterday when this news broke.

That made me laugh as well, especially how 10 seconds earlier his dad said he was such a happy kid.

He's definitely an emotional guy. I have to hope that once he gets to Buffalo and gets settled in, he's going to be hungry to prove people wrong. It's been reported he was willing to redo his contract in Philly and hypothetically lower his cap hit. Obviously Chip Kelly wasn't interested and sent him packing. IMO, that's a bit of a slap in the face. I hope he's pissed off and it shows on the field.

Yes, I agree. Although I would not have made this trade I can't bash it either. It's too early. I'm excited to see how Shady will work in this offense. Although I am dissappointed I wont see Brown, Bradham and Kiko line up together.

He's definitely an emotional guy. I have to hope that once he gets to Buffalo and gets settled in, he's going to be hungry to prove people wrong. It's been reported he was willing to redo his contract in Philly and hypothetically lower his cap hit. Obviously Chip Kelly wasn't interested and sent him packing. IMO, that's a bit of a slap in the face. I hope he's pissed off and it shows on the field.

It was my understanding that Shady may have been willing to redo the contract, but was not willing to take a pay cut. Chip Kelly doesn't value RB's (look at the tender they just made Polk - only 1.6 million, and Iggles get nothing if he signs with another team), so rather than cut him, they called around and got the best Duck available in trade at the time....

But I agree, I hope this puts a "chip" on McCoy's shoulder, and he plays angry this year....

I was more concerned about the dropoff in McCoy's play and rushing numbers last year, but the more I read, the more confident I am that little of this had to do with McCoy. Great article breaking down last year's stats and play here:

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/52564/311/lesean-mccoys-future

Espn did a feature on McCoy a few years ago. It's about 12 min.

Philadelphia Eagles RB LeSean McCoy is no secret to NFL fans. But in high school, LeSean suffered a devastating ankle injury that threatened his football future. E:60's Lisa Salters tells the story of how McCoy made it to the NFL.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MxraBDVn-Go

Great find, thanks!

Seems like a great kid, I hope we continue to put all the pieces around him to help him be great here.

He seems like he plays with a chip on his shoulder, kind of like Robert Woods. And Fred, for that matter. Ultra competitive. Maybe talk a little trash on the field. I really think that's something CJ did not have despite his physical gifts.

It's an "edge" that really can't be coached.

Edited by YoloinOhio

He seems like he plays with a chip on his shoulder, kind of like Robert Woods. And Fred, for that matter. Ultra competitive. Maybe talk a little trash on the field. I really think that's something CJ did not have despite his physical gifts.

It's an "edge" that really can't be coached.

and he hates the NFC east - which as bills fans, we can surely relate to!

you stick pretty exclusively to bills games and related news, eh?

I think that happens a lot around here, and unfortunately warps any perspective these commentors have. It truly makes a world of (positive) difference for a Bills fan's psyche to follow some other teams, not necessarily as a fan, just to see that other teams go through the same issues we do.

The best thing that happened to me as a Bills fan was being wrapped in Falcons news when I lived in Atlanta. Made me feel MUCH better about our team.

I recommend it for everyone.

Great piece!

Interesting blurb about his brother letting the family Rottweiler chase him. Chris Spielman said in his "Football Like" episode that he used to tape meat to himself and then let the neighborhood dogs chase him too. Must be a sign of the greats!

Edited by DrDareustein

It was my understanding that Shady may have been willing to redo the contract, but was not willing to take a pay cut. Chip Kelly doesn't value RB's (look at the tender they just made Polk - only 1.6 million, and Iggles get nothing if he signs with another team), so rather than cut him, they called around and got the best Duck available in trade at the time....

But I agree, I hope this puts a "chip" on McCoy's shoulder, and he plays angry this year....

I was more concerned about the dropoff in McCoy's play and rushing numbers last year, but the more I read, the more confident I am that little of this had to do with McCoy. Great article breaking down last year's stats and play here:

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/52564/311/lesean-mccoys-future

That's a good article, nice find.

In terms of re-working his contract, from what I've heard, they can add some guaranteed money and some how lower his cap hit. I believe the reason is he has almost no guaranteed money after this year. I have no idea how it works, maybe they'll have to add a year, but I think they can get it done. Look at the Saints, they just managed to cut Byrd's cap hit in half by changing some of the language.

One thing I heard on WGR that I thought was interesting was Ian Rapoport said that Chip Kelly runs pretty hard practices on Saturdays. McCory apparently complained about it to some people because at times he felt sluggish. I imagine it would be tough to run at 100% if your legs are tired.

I can believe people cant see the parellels.

Balled out in PA H.S, became THE MAN, #1 runningback had a setback in which he came to NY STATE to be able to proof himself again.

Flash forward to now same thing. Balled out in PA ( Eagles) became #1 back in league, had a "down" year, got sent to NY STATE (BUFFALO) with another chance to proof people ( Chip Kelly ) wrong

Edited by Protocal69

I can believe people cant see the parellels.

Balled out in PA H.S, became THE MAN, #1 runningback had a setback in which he came to NY STATE to be able to proof himself again.

Flash forward to now same thing. Balled out in PA ( Eagles) became #1 back in league, had a "down" year, got sent to NY STATE (BUFFALO) with another chance to proof people ( Chip Kelly ) wrong

I definitely picked up on it. But am afraid to jinx it.