Chip Kelly, Huh ?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He's definitely putting his balls on the table. I do feel he is a great offensive coach. But his offense hurts his defense. He believes he can take any offensive player and make them successful. I mean he made Sanchez look not completely terrible.

But he is either going to come out of this looking like a genius or put the Eagles in a bad hole. But I do admire his confidence.

Listening to Bulldog on WGR today, he was saying Kelly is a smarter football guy because his offense is the future of the game and Rex Ryan is old-fashioned. And, therefore, the Bills were obviously taken advantage of by the smarter football guy. :doh: I guess those WGR hosts just can't stop themselves from looking for the turd in the punchbowl.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Listening to Bulldog on WGR today, he was saying Kelly is a smarter football guy because his offense is the future of the game and Rex Ryan is old-fashioned. And, therefore, the Bills were obviously taken advantage of by the smarter football guy. :doh: I guess those WGR hosts just can't stop themselves from looking for the turd in the punchbowl.

It's just best to remember these guys have no real football knowledge. Just ignore that Seattle was a dumb play call from back to back championships with the same philosophy.

Why do you listen to WGR if you hate it so much?

He likes the trade and is excited about McCoy. Bulldog's concerns were referencing Bill Barnwell's analysis on Grantland.com this morning and are the same concerns any sensible modern football fan would have about the trade. FWIW, Barnwell's conclusion is that the trade is probably good for both teams.

He likes the trade and is excited about McCoy. Bulldog's concerns were referencing Bill Barnwell's analysis on Grantland.com this morning and are the same concerns any sensible modern football fan would have about the trade. FWIW, Barnwell's conclusion is that the trade is probably good for both teams.

Why? Because I want to know what's going on with the Bills on a very important day. I know full well that I am bound to hear abject stupidity but that's the deal.

I used to like Barnwell but he relies too much on meaningless stats. Kiko got overrated because of 6 games and he had a cool name. Preston Briwn probably had a better overall rookie year. But most fans or media will even point that out.

I was listening for awhile, too, and what Bulldog and Sal said when discussing the trade, was one of the stupidest things I have ever heard anyone say about football. They both said if Rex Ryan had Aaron Rodgers, he wouldn't want to pass the ball. It's his nature to want to ground and pound, and he would run the same offense if he had Cassell or Aaron Rodgers. That's criminally ignorant.

I used to like Barnwell but he relies too much on meaningless stats. Kiko got overrated because of 6 games and he had a cool name. Preston Briwn probably had a better overall rookie year. But most fans or media will even point that out.

I agree about Barnwell, generally--- he also tends to lean on snark whenever he wants to make a lazy point which I think is intellectually ingenuous and irritating. He did discuss the hot unsustainable September of Kiko's rookie year which he suggests overrated his 2013 season, to be fair: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/lesean-mccoy-kiko-alonso-trade-philadelphia-eagles-buffalo-bills/

I was listening for awhile, too, and what Bulldog and Sal said when discussing the trade, was one of the stupidest things I have ever heard anyone say about football. They both said if Rex Ryan had Aaron Rodgers, he wouldn't want to pass the ball. It's his nature to want to ground and pound, and he would run the same offense if he had Cassell or Aaron Rodgers. That's criminally ignorant.

I didn't hear that part, but I agree, that's idiotic.

Why does anyone care what a bunch of sports radio hacks have to say about the Bills choices? Would you also listen to them about what groceries you buy or who you decide to marry? They are just blowhard, 2nd rate entertainers rambling about crap they honestly know almost nothing about. Move along, people. Nothing to hear here.

Why? Because I want to know what's going on with the Bills on a very important day. I know full well that I am bound to hear abject stupidity but that's the deal.

I love the Sabres, but when I try to listen to Kevin Sylvester on Hockey Hotline, I can't help but want to jab a screwdriver into my skull. There's obviously a great deal of logic to Chip Kelly's decision to trade McCoy --- it has become vogue for NFL teams to not pay a premium in salary or draft position for the RB position. A soon to be 27 year old RB isn't worth a $10mil cap hit to the Eagles when their defense is a sieve. On the other hand, if the Bills can restructure McCoy's contract and get 2 good years out of him, it's absolutely a good trade for our team. We can afford to part with Kiko, the Eagles can't afford the luxury of paying an elite RB an elite salary. I like it for the Bills, even though I like Kiko.

Edited by Punch