Can EJ be the starting QB for the Bills

Can EJ be a starter for the Bills  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Can EJ be a starter for the Bills

There was a poll that asked what % chance you gave him of being a franchise QB. It was not a yes or no poll.

Ahh. If that is the case, my apologies. I must have missed it. I remembered the one where the Poll question was "Do you think EJ will be a franchise QB?" and the possible answers were "yes" or "no."

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not for long.

I believe I proved my point that the majority of Bills fans have some faith in EJ as a starter (slightly over) 4 to 1 over those who believe EJ is a total bust.

Any Global Moderator can lock this thread down at any time.

Bradford won't be an improvement over EJ IMO and Foles.... He'll go to the team with 1st round picks low in the draft so that Chip can get Mariota

Man we could've just traded Manuel for Foles seeing as though that's all the Eagles needed to get Bradford- what with Manuel being just as good as Bradford...

Thanks. I did miss that poll. Unfortunately, my work ties me up for periods where I do not get to check this site much. I just looked at it and agree with Kirby that it is the most accurate poll I've seen on this board with regard to perceptions about EJ.

He doesn't have to be great. Just be competent, efficient and protect the ball for now. The rest will take care of itself as he continue to develop. We can make the playoffs with him at the helm.

Edited by BmarvB

I forgot about this site. Sorry. Basically said Manuel can be competent NFL QB. It took Favre 3 years, Brady didn't have a 90 QBR until his fifth season. Suggest you go read.

But Whaley apparently thinks Manuel’s struggles ... have had more to do with coaching than the player. Whaley is, according to an NFL source, conveying those thoughts to the candidates that he and the rest of the Bills’ hierarchy have interviewed for the team’s head-coaching vacancy.

But Whaley apparently thinks Manuel’s struggles ... have had more to do with coaching than the player. Whaley is, according to an NFL source, conveying those thoughts to the candidates that he and the rest of the Bills’ hierarchy have interviewed for the team’s head-coaching vacancy.

I know you agree with this

Yep.

I have never once said that EJ has zero chance to become a competent QB. Never.

So you say there is a chance (in my Dumb and Dumber voice)?

I know you agree with this

So you say there is a chance (in my Dumb and Dumber voice)?

Of course. I just don't think it's a good one, and I don't believe it will be attained. But it definitely could.

Edited by FireChan

I believe EJ Manuel WILL be the starting QB for the Bills. I don't think, with the talent they amassed, they will run a ground and pound type offense exclusively. I believe they will also run a style of offense that compliments EJs abilities as well as their new "toys". Here's an example of the type of offense they may employ.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YYY4aNbE31E

Edited by the skycap

Meh could be the starter

Tyrod could be the starter

or

EJ definitely could be the starter

Shady could break 1200 yards rushing

Sammy could break 1000 yards receiving

The defense could be ranked in the top 5 against the pass and run.

Sorry I digress.

As a season ticket holder, I have seen every game he played at home. His accuracy in throwing is terrible, longer throws especially. He can never be an NFL starting QB....HE DOESN'T HAVE THE ARM. His arm IS strong, just not accurate. Gone from the roster sooner than later...Whaley can't protect him forever. I look for Cassel to be the starter unless the guy from Baltimore shows bigtime. Tuel will be gone also...and another backup will appear.

As a season ticket holder, I have seen every game he played at home. His accuracy in throwing is terrible, longer throws especially. He can never be an NFL starting QB....HE DOESN'T HAVE THE ARM. His arm IS strong, just not accurate. Gone from the roster sooner than later...Whaley can't protect him forever. I look for Cassel to be the starter unless the guy from Baltimore shows bigtime. Tuel will be gone also...and another backup will appear.

So you also saw all of Orton's games. How is it that both of them had the same issues? Inability to throw over the middle, inaccurate and unable to score TDs in red zone. They are two completely different type of player.