Can EJ be the starting QB for the Bills

Can EJ be a starter for the Bills  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Can EJ be a starter for the Bills

Dude come on man. How can you call Johnny Football a bust and champion Manuel's cause? Manziel only started one game. I am not positive that EJ Manuel is not cut out to be an NFL QB it's just my prediction based on what I've seen so far. The only thing I ask is that if and when it becomes more apparent that EJ Manuel is not cut out to be an NFL QB that you don't say, "I wasn't wrong before, I just needed to see more- we didn't know then and now we know" and instead say, "hey to those who said EJ Manuel was not fit to be an NFL QB, you were right and I was wrong."

Why are you so obsessed with getting guarantees from other posters that they will acknowledge WHEN you are proven right about EJ? You are certainly welcome to your opinion; however, it is only that: an opinion - worth no more or less than any other poster's, no matter how aggressively you try to make it sound like a fact.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should anybody who is "championing" EJ say that? All people are saying is that it's impossible to tell right now, not that he's a shoe in to be a quality starter. Why is this so hard to understand?

I can predict that every single QB coming out of college will suck and be right 95% of the time. It doesn't mean I have a clue.

Yeah I apologize for my tone in some of those posts from yesterday. I don't think most of us are that far off from one another. I would disagree with you that "it's impossible to tell right now" though. We have been given some clues to work with so far. Just like Seattle fans had some clues to work with after Russell Wilson was in the league for two years. It was very possible to tell whether or not he was going to be a franchise guy after two years. Ultimately I agree with you though, the jury is till out but I just think some of us think the odds are much slimmer than others. That's all. And if he comes to camp and looks anything like he did last year and then sucks again in preseason, some of you are going to have to start asking yourselves, OK when have we seen enough. And some posters have responded by saying that they want a whole nother season sink or swim until they're willing to say they've seen enough. That's their opinion but unfortunately for Manuel, I don't think the coaching staff is willing to give him that much of a leash.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Yeah I apologize for my tone in some of those posts from yesterday. I don't think most of us are that far off from one another. I would disagree with you that "it's impossible to tell right now" though. We have been given some clues to work with so far. Just like Seattle fans had some clues to work with after Russell Wilson was in the league for two years. It was very possible to tell whether or not he was going to be a franchise guy after two years. Ultimately I agree with you though, the jury is till out but I just think some of us think the odds are much slimmer than others. That's all. And if he comes to camp and looks anything like he did last year and then sucks again in preseason, some of you are going to have to start asking yourselves, OK when have we seen enough. And some posters have responded by saying that they want a whole nother season sink or swim until they're willing to say they've seen enough. That's their opinion but unfortunately for Manuel, I don't think the coaching staff is willing to give him that much of a leash.

Fair enough. :beer:

Why should anybody who is "championing" EJ say that? All people are saying is that it's impossible to tell right now, not that he's a shoe in to be a quality starter. Why is this so hard to understand?

I can predict that every single QB coming out of college will suck and be right 95% of the time. It doesn't mean I have a clue.

that sir is the million dollar question.

FWIW, I am on a cruise (which is why I haven't chimed in on any of he big developments) with one of the offensive coaches for the Bills dads. He expects them to go after a DB, an OL and draft a QB. They also tried to acquire Frank Gore prior to the McCoy deal.

He said that the staff doesn't really think that EJ is any good. They really wanted McCown.

Also, he really liked Marrone & Hackett.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

FWIW, I am on a cruise (which is why I haven't chimed in on any of he big developments) with one of the offensive coaches for the Bills dads. He expects them to go after a DB an OL and a draft a QB. They also tried to acquire Frank Gore prior to the McCoy deal.

He said that the staff doesn't really think that EJ is any good. They really wanted McCown.

That's what I thought. No faith anymore.

FWIW, I am on a cruise (which is why I haven't chimed in on any of he big developments) with one of the offensive coaches for the Bills dads. He expects them to go after a DB, an OL and draft a QB. They also tried to acquire Frank Gore prior to the McCoy deal.

Didn't the Bills revamp their offensive staff? How could they have liked Hackett and Marrone if they never worked with them?

He said that it is because he can't go through his progressions.

He also said that Mike Williams didn't know the plays but was a great guy.

Alright alright, are you sure you weren't talking to Hackett in disguise? These are all vindications.

Was your cruise out of Jacksonville?

Edited by FireChan

So this offensive coach was on the Marrone staff and stayed on with the Rex staff? That's what it sounds like.

As for EJ Manuel, if the current staff doesn't think he's any good then why is he still on the team? That comment just doesn't ring true because Rex has no ties to him yet he's still on the team.

So this offensive coach was on the Marrone staff and stayed on with the Rex staff? That's what it sounds like.

As for EJ Manuel, if the current staff doesn't think he's any good then why is he still on the team? That comment just doesn't ring true because Rex has no ties to him yet he's still on the team.

Didn't you spend all last week asking why would they cut him? Like, they have no reason to cut him, even if he sucks?

Maybe they talked numbers with his agent "off the record"? I'm just passing along what he said. I will ask later though. I have seen him like 500 times.

Ask him how they feel about our boy Jeff. If you don't mind.

I'll try to get a little more out of him later. I think that his son is the offensive qc coach. I don't know his name. I think that they are from western PA. The only day that he didn't have Bills gear on he had a Penguins shirt on and he has the accent.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I still think, when you listen to Rex's comments about EJ, that they Bills may try to run a spread offense. Didn't Roman run it in SF? Rex said he'd like to see EJ use his legs more. Didn't Rex try to run the spread in NY with Geno Smith? Acquiring Shady really makes me wonder.

Didn't you spend all last week asking why would they cut him? Like, they have no reason to cut him, even if he sucks?

That was yesterday, and I said that I would keep Manuel even if he looked bad in training camp because that's what a project requires IMO, three full seasons before you give up. That's what I would do.

My post your replying to was me questioning the validity of this coach's comments. It's not me saying that I would cut him, it's me asking why is he's still on the team if they don't think he's any good. Maybe the answer is because he's a project, but that "they don't think he's any good" comment was pretty cut and dry. It doesn't make sense to keep him on the team if they don't think he's any good. Saying that and not adding a qualifier like the don't think he's good, but they're giving him one more shot because he was a raw prospect coming into the league.

Edited by 1billsfan

I'm sure that the son is very involved. All of the coaches are. I have no idea how close he and his dad are. The dad is always in Bills clothes so i am assuming that they are close though.

The Bills did retain 4 offensive coaches. 2 of them offensive quality control (Anderson and Vrable)

If 1 of them is from Western PA that is him.