RAMBO: Why we dont need to sign Searcy

Height: 6004 Weight: 211 40 Yrd Dash: 4.53 20 Yrd Dash: 2.60 10 Yrd Dash: 1.56 Vertical Jump: 34 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'09" 20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.26 3-Cone Drill: 6.94

It was reported by Sports Talk 980 on April 29, 2013 by Steve Czaban that the reason Rambo slipped so far in the NFL Draft was because of two failed drug tests in 2011 and 2012. Had the tests not been failed Bacarri was projected to have gone as high as the second or third round in 2013.

Good size, good speed. Hes only 24 years old and when he got to play when Searcy went down he stepped up and intercepted the best quarterback in the NFL (Aaron Rodgers) twice:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000443429/Bacarri-Rambo-intercepts-Aaron-Rodgers

Im calling it right now, this guy is why we are going to let Searcy walk.

Edited by TallskiWallski83

This guy is good to have as an insurance policy and we are stacked at DB (both S and CB). We have a nickel and dime package that is top tier; keeping Searcy would be huge.

Safety: AWilliams, DWilliams, Rambo, Ladler, Meeks & Broomfield.
CB: Brooks, Butler, Cockrell, Gilmore, Graham, McKelvin, Robey, Jonte Green & Rod Sweeting.
Even with losing Searcy (which I am not in favor of) we are alright. If anything, I would keep Searcy and look to trade someone - Cockrell, Ladler, Meeks, even McKelvin if we can get the right value and do end up with old Revis.

i think anyone evaluating rambo here almost has to throw out the rodgers picks as they just skew opinion way more than they were actually worth.

he surely has talents, but there are reasons he slid, and reasons he was cut mid-season too.

George Wilson picked off Brady once or twice and we all know how good he is.

This guy is good to have as an insurance policy and we are stacked at DB (both S and CB). We have a nickel and dime package that is top tier; keeping Searcy would be huge.

CB: Brooks, Butler, Cockrell, Gilmore, Graham, McKelvin, Robey, Jonte Green & Rod Sweeting.
Even with losing Searcy (which I am not in favor of) we are alright. If anything, I would keep Searcy and look to trade someone - Cockrell, Ladler, Meeks, even McKelvin if we can get the right value and do end up with old Revis.

Thanks, youre making me feel a little better about (what seems to be inevitably) losing Searcy. Especially with Rex's Defenses always relying so heavily on DB. Forgot about Rambo, and I've always liked him since he was a Bulldog. He did a couple of interviews up here after the Packers game where he talked about getting a second chance, and the things he did (or rather didnt do) that lead to his previous cut, and that he's learned his lessons. Hopefully that is true.

Id still like to keep Searcy around though, if possible.

Thanks, youre making me feel a little better about (what seems to be inevitably) losing Searcy. Especially with Rex's Defenses always relying so heavily on DB. Forgot about Rambo, and I've always liked him since he was a Bulldog. He did a couple of interviews up here after the Packers game where he talked about getting a second chance, and the things he did (or rather didnt do) that lead to his previous cut, and that he's learned his lessons. Hopefully that is true.

Id still like to keep Searcy around though, if possible.

Searcy adds a lot to the team. His ability to play special teams and his meshing with the current team are very important. I could see him going to Cleveland, New England or a team that values DB's. I think he will get around $3.5-4mm/yr. He deserves it.

You and I have very different definitions of what stacked means.

Height: 6004 Weight: 211 40 Yrd Dash: 4.53 20 Yrd Dash: 2.60 10 Yrd Dash: 1.56 Vertical Jump: 34 1/2

Broad Jump: 09'09" 20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.26 3-Cone Drill: 6.94

It was reported by Sports Talk 980 on April 29, 2013 by Steve Czaban that the reason Rambo slipped so far in the NFL Draft was because of two failed drug tests in 2011 and 2012. Had the tests not been failed Bacarri was projected to have gone as high as the second or third round in 2013.

Good size, good speed. Hes only 24 years old and when he got to play when Searcy went down he stepped up and intercepted the best quarterback in the NFL (Aaron Rodgers) twice:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000443429/Bacarri-Rambo-intercepts-Aaron-Rodgers

Im calling it right now, this guy is why we are going to let Searcy walk.

He will certainly compete with Duke for the position, and he's got a knack for the ball--not just the one game, he is Georgia's all-time INT leader (tied with someone). Duke might be a better "in the box" safety and Rambo better in deep protection. Rambo needs a larger body of work to really see what he's got.

He will certainly compete with Duke for the position, and he's got a knack for the ball--not just the one game, he is Georgia's all-time INT leader (tied with someone). Duke might be a better "in the box" safety and Rambo better in deep protection. Rambo needs a larger body of work to really see what he's got.

I believe Rex has been known to use 3 Safeties at once in certain game plans. Wouldnt mind a backfield of Aaron, Duke, and Rambo with Duke being the SS/LB hybrid.

Searcy adds a lot to the team. His ability to play special teams and his meshing with the current team are very important. I could see him going to Cleveland, New England or a team that values DB's. I think he will get around $3.5-4mm/yr. He deserves it.

I'm going to guess that Searcy clears $5M/year as a UFA