TSW Insiders

How about you all just don't be Internet !@#$s to people, legit or not. I know that's impossible for here, but still.

"How was I suppose to know he was real, I thought he was a troll like the rest......so I had to be an ass to him."

Gross

Yup

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you're free to subscribe to that theory.

Me, I'm thankful when people share info so I'm not going to accuse them of just trying to sound important and earn recognition.

If he's friends with someone inside the organization, he'd want to avoid telling everyone anyway. He's not the media and he was probably told under secretive circumstances. If he wants info again, he wouldn't want to burn his source..

Also this new poster wasnt following the same trend as one that had acutal insider info.....

Leroi posted....gave info.....then didnt keep posting to defend his post. He just posted....allowed himself to be proved correct......then came back

I am sorry to to the poster that broke the Richie I news but he was following the classic pattern of troll (and yes I know that he is not and am not calling him that)

for every one of these delightful insiders that come in you have several just trolling us to death.....people shouldnt be getting blasted for not believing at first. I think the people that dont know how to apologize should be blasted a bit because some just dont like to admit their wrong.

Im wrong....a lot.....

How about you all just don't be Internet !@#$s to people, legit or not. I know that's impossible for here, but still.

"How was I suppose to know he was real, I thought he was a troll like the rest......so I had to be an ass to him."

Gross

the funny thing about TSW is that you get trolled by the people on here hard when you are a new member, even by the mods. All for giving an opinion that they don't agree with. The way that guy was treated was an example of trolling. I got the same treatment when I said the Bills should trade back and take Kelvin Benjamin because I felt Watkins would be injury prone. unfortunate when people troll those whom they accuse of trolling

After someone on the board proves themselves as legit-- in my book that's one rumor thread the poster breaks/initiates that comes true--maybe the mods should pin future rumor threads initiated from those select few posters. Make it like a draft pick thread. Give it 72 hours of air time to judge the veracity. If it becomes abused -- lots of threads with rumors that don't pan out -- go back to what we have now which is putting these threads into the rest of the TSW postings without pinning. It just seems like those who have proven contacts should receive special attention.

I would hope the majority of us would not want to run off folks who have legitimate access to insider information or a beat reporter for the team that chooses to post on the board -- but the community has run off both types of posters. That seems counter productive. Would really like to figure out a way to keep these folks around....

Not you, specifically. I meant to quote the person you were quoting too.

I don't see anyone being reprimanded here either B-)

But yes, when someone says "let's just say a little birdie told me" and "what would you say if I told you" that translates to "I know something" or "I have a source."

I'm not reprimanding anyone. I just felt bad for the way he was treated, and then I came here to see that people were blaming him for being mocked.

Lil birdies come in all forms around here. Often it means something so unreliable you'd laugh at me if I told you where I heard it, and not "decision maker with the team"

If you jump to that from "what would you say if I told you we were going to....." Id say you are too quick to jump.

Unless the source is rex himself, I'd venture it's slightly oversold but it was definitely accurate

If we got a "hey I don't post often and this is my first lead on some inside info thanks to some of the changes with the team.... I hear the bills are in the process of vetting RI and if things check out he will be signed in the coming week" would've played differently

In the same line of thinking why can't people challenge it respectfully without immediately jumping to internet tough guy mode because of how a post is worded, 5000 posts or not.

In the same line of thinking why can't people challenge it respectfully without immediately jumping to internet tough guy mode because of how a post is worded, 5000 posts or not.

Unfortunately, this is not the world that we live in. Civility and accountability became the exception when social media and reality TV became the norm.

Respectful is great - I agree.

After 18 months of "sign incognito" threads, I think it was pretty much a given that someone would need more than "what if I said we are signing Richie" to not be grouped in that and catch a few short fuses too.

Poor communication was met by tired of the topic replies -- it's unfortunate but it's also not a huge thing. We have it pretty good around here for the most part.

RELIABILITY METER (#1 is best.......#19 is worst)

#1- nevergiveup

#2- BuffaloATL

#3- Leroi (rex)

#4- RalphOP83 (richie)

#5- metzelaars_lives

#6- kelly blue book

#7- farmers almanac

#8- nostradamus

#9- TMZ

#10- punxsutawney phil

#11- weatherman

#12- economist

#13- ESPN Insiders

#14- psychic

#15- momma pecoraro

#16- Thurman Thomas

#17- Mayans

#18- Skooby and sources deep within

#19- Bleacher Report

Unfortunately, this is not the world that we live in. Civility and accountability became the exception when social media and reality TV became the norm.

Agreed - but by that standard, TSW is leaps and bounds better than anywhere else i read. Not perfect, but between the mods and some good self policing we do pretty well around these parts, comparatively.

Dude hit a minefield topic and kind of awkwardly stumbled across it. He survived pretty unscathed though and emerged with lots of credibility and good will

Edited by NoSaint

I'm still stunned by the responses in this thread... Ralph wasn't abused, and I didn't see anyone being an internet tough guy towards him (unless I missed it / those posts were deleted). The subject and content Ralph posted about was put under scrutiny, not Ralph himself. For those who don't know the difference, go see the Skooby threads.

I'm still stunned by the responses in this thread... Ralph wasn't abused, and I didn't see anyone being an internet tough guy towards him (unless I missed it / those posts were deleted). The subject and content Ralph posted about was put under scrutiny, not Ralph himself. For those who don't know the difference, go see the Skooby threads.

My favorite being catching a few of the "I love incognito" crowd also falling in the "you guys are way too mean" crowd

My favorite being catching a few of the "I love incognito" crowd also falling in the "you guys are way too mean" crowd

:lol: So true! I was harder on Ralph's info than anyone in that thread, but I wasn't making fun of him -- I even said he might be right. I was debating the topic he brought up. I was clearly wrong and tipped my cap to Ralph (as many did) when he was proven right. No harm, no foul. If Ralph wants to rub it in my face he should! But there really wasn't anything over the line in that thread. A lot of wrong people, myself the biggest, but there wasn't anyone calling Ralph out personally -- at least not enough to merit this kind of thread.

Don't get me wrong OP, I applaud your intent. We all want inside information on this board, no one wants to run people off (and I still mourn those we have run off, Lori most of all). But the back and forth in the RI thread isn't going to run any insider off. Even Ralph.

I'd argue that it's nuance. It certainly wasn't a savaging, but it was not well received. The vast majority of the early responses were of the "I call BS" variety directed at the poster, the information presented, and the presence/absence of a credible source. Someone with ~180 posts called him out on his ~150 posts. Classic. However, you're right, no one insulted his family or threatened to paint a twig and berries on his lawn. :lol:

I was thinking more in general as opposed to just the RI thread. I don't post very often but read TBD on a daily basis for news and educated opinions. I have read plenty of abusive posts because of varying opinions that drive people away, I.e. a couple of media identities that no longer post here.

Sure there are trolls and provocateurs (I remember Mr BMW), as is with every site, but completely ignoring them kind of destroys their agenda.

Actually ignore what I'm saying, I became a dad recently and just realised I am starting to sound like it.

I was thinking more in general as opposed to just the RI thread. I don't post very often but read TBD on a daily basis for news and educated opinions. I have read plenty of abusive posts because of varying opinions that drive people away, I.e. a couple of media identities that no longer post here.

Sure there are trolls and provocateurs (I remember Mr BMW), as is with every site, but completely ignoring them kind of destroys their agenda.

Actually ignore what I'm saying, I became a dad recently and just realised I am starting to sound like it.

To be fair, I strongly believe this board is better without timmay - and I'm normally a huge fan of people that bring unique perspective like an actual reporter. JW gets treated far different than TG and there's a good reason

And great finish! Congrats on the kiddo.

Edited by NoSaint