Marrone: Didn't expect to get another HC position right away

YoloinOhio

Doug Marrone spoke with reporters today in Jacksonville -- his first public comments since leaving Buffalo.

Ryan O'Halloran @ryanohalloran 4m4 minutes ago

Marrone said he didn't expect to get another head-coaching job right away. "You can't do that in this profession."

Sam Kouvaris @samkouvaris 22m22 minutes ago

Doug Marrone, "I think there's a good foundation here on the offensive line. They're young guys." #Jaguars

Jacksonville Jaguars @Jaguars 16m16 minutes ago

Marrone: "There's no doubt that I really do like the foot speed of the players here."

Ryan O'Halloran @ryanohalloran 7m7 minutes ago

Marrone: "I had two outstanding years in Buffalo. Terry and Kim are going to be outstanding."

Del Reid @mrdeadlier 21m21 minutes ago

Obviously. RT @Jaguars: Marrone on HC Bradley: "His enthusiasm is contagious.”

Sam Kouvaris @samkouvaris 51m51 minutes ago

Gus says he never asked Doug Marrone why he left Buffalo. "I got a sense of real humility from him." #Jaguars

B9GRQaMCcAAjmtM.jpg

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ryan O'Halloran @ryanohalloran · 13m 13 minutes ago

Marrone on being a head coach again: "My focus is on right here."

Michael DiRocco @ESPNdirocco 7m7 minutes ago

Marrone says the Jags lineman all finish plays. Encouraging. Also said it's rare to have everyone do that.

Vito Stellino @vitostellino 8m8 minutes ago

says young linemen all move well and finish...being able to finish is important to marrone.

:w00t:

B9GSU5QIcAAzJgF.jpg

Edited by YoloinOhio

Doug Marrone spoke with reporters today in Jacksonville -- his first public comments since leaving Buffalo.

Ryan O'Halloran ‏@ryanohalloran 4m4 minutes ago

Marrone said he didn't expect to get another head-coaching job right away. "You can't do that in this profession."

S

Sam Kouvaris ‏@samkouvaris 51m51 minutes ago

Gus says he never asked Doug Marrone why he left Buffalo. "I got a sense of real humility from him." #Jaguars

B9GRQaMCcAAjmtM.jpg

"Never Expected Another Head Coaching Job"....thats why all he was interviewing for was head coaching jobs...4 of them to be exact. Jesus, this dude thinks he is, by far, not only the smartest guy in the room, but the rest of the room is filled with idiots.

In terms of humilty, i would expect getting embarrased in front of all the NFL and NFL fans based on your hubris will teach one humility right quick.

Bradley on Hiring Marrone: 'Strong Sense of Humility'

Does that mean he realizes he screwed up and shouldn't have tried to get the Jets job. I don't think he opts out if he wasn't told he would get another at least 3 year contract. His agent screwed up and Mehta cost him the job.

I totally understand that you cannot be truthful with the media a lot of times and a lot of ways. I totally understand diplomacy, and taking the high road, and all that kind of stuff, especially when being introduced to a new team.

But saying I didn't expect to get another HC position is downright embarrassing, laughable, pathetic and sociopathic - made worse by Gus Bradley saying I didn't ask him about Buffalo. :D Incredible.

Ryan O'Halloran @ryanohalloran 4m4 minutes ago

Sam Kouvaris @samkouvaris 22m22 minutes ago

Doug Marrone, "I think there's a good foundation here on the offensive line. They're young guys." #Jaguars

Jacksonville Jaguars @Jaguars 16m16 minutes ago

Marrone: "There's no doubt that I really do like the foot speed of the players here."

Ryan O'Halloran @ryanohalloran 7m7 minutes ago

Marrone: "I had two outstanding years in Buffalo. Terry and Kim are going to be outstanding."

Del Reid @mrdeadlier 21m21 minutes ago

Obviously. RT @Jaguars: Marrone on HC Bradley: "His enthusiasm is contagious.”

Sam Kouvaris @samkouvaris 51m51 minutes ago

B9GRQaMCcAAjmtM.jpg

sure

But saying I didn't expect to get another HC position is downright embarrassing, laughable, pathetic and sociopathic - made worse by Gus Bradley saying I didn't ask him about Buffalo. :D Incredible.

maybe they only had time to discuss the pinstripe bowl during the interview.

There's only 32 positions available in the NFL. Why would you leave one if you didn't think you had a damn good shot at another. I refuse to believe his BS anymore...St. Doug lost me at his "desertion". What a dope...