Now THAT'S a halftime show.

_BiB_

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And he kept it moving, too, kept it rocking the whole time.  I could've done without Hey Jude (maybe She's A Woman instead, or maybe Jet?), but even that wasn't a bad choice.

230217[/snapback]

I thought it was a good choice from the standpoint of letting the fans finish the song.

I thought it was a good choice from the standpoint of letting the fans finish the song.

230223[/snapback]

Yeah, it was nice. And the crowd with the banners was neat, too. I mean, don't get me wrong - Hey Jude is one of the best songs McCartney ever wrote, and it wasn't a bad choice.. just not what I would've chosen for a Super Bowl halftime show, y'know?

I just hoped his halftime show would be some of his great upbeat rock songs (of which he has many) and exclude some of his brilliant ballads.

And he kept it moving, too, kept it rocking the whole time.  I could've done without Hey Jude (maybe She's A Woman instead, or maybe Jet?), but even that wasn't a bad choice.

230217[/snapback]

Great halftime show. I concur with your two selections. Shes A Women would of been a great choice!

Yeah, it was nice. And the crowd with the banners was neat, too. I mean, don't get me wrong - Hey Jude is one of the best songs McCartney ever wrote, and it wasn't a bad choice.. just not what I would've chosen for a Super Bowl halftime show, y'know? 

I just hoped his halftime show would be some of his great upbeat rock songs (of which he has many) and exclude some of his brilliant ballads.

230241[/snapback]

Hey Jude was #1 on the billboard charts for 9 straight weeks. The biggest hit ever for the Beatles. However, the performance didn't get me pumped up for the 2nd half.