Someone's cheap - and it's not Ralph!

http://deadspin.com/are-the-49ers-cheap-1682507645

I really try not to engage in schadenfreude, but seeing other teams go through bouts of what we have been going through for years and knowing that it's a new era for us is kind of nice. It's also a luxury to see stories about cheap owners, schemes to move the team, etc. and know that they aren't about us anymore.

Soon after Edie D lost the team. And Denise York took over. the downward spiral began for years. Not just being cheap but complete incompetence.

The franchise IMO got back to relevancy After her and the hubby handed over the reigns. But really it was the FO guys that clawed the team back to where they got.

Kid York may have won the battle with harbaugh but the team will lose the war. It's not hard too see them slide back to irrelevance.

There's a O-lineman or two I think would fit in with the Bills.

Edited by Best Player Available

That team has a lot of talent, particularly on defense, so they'll still probably be decent next year...but they'll be playing for 3rd place in their division (battling the Rams).

Going forward, however, the organization looks terrible. They'll soon be battling the Browns and Raiders for worst organization in the league.

What a damn shame for a once-proud franchise. I come from a big Notre Dame family, so while I was growing up in the 80s, we all followed Montana's Niners. They kinda stuck as my favorite NFC team and I was happy they seemed to be finding their way again the last 5 years or so.

Edited by jimmy10

Wow! Watch (if you can) the interview with their new Head Coach.

Oh my! The 9ers are screwed.

Here's his formal introduction:

I've never heard Jed York speak before. I knew there were some concerns about his qualifications to run a football team, but after seeing that video I now have boatloads of sympathy for Niners fans (and a small change of heart about Harbaugh). That kid's not going anywhere anytime soon, and that along would terrify me as a fan.

Edited by Bills Fan in MD

Good lord he makes Doug look like a genius

That's what I was thinking too.

I've never heard Jed York speak before. I knew there were some concerns about his qualifications to run a football team, but after seeing that video I now have boatloads of sympathy for Niners fans (and a small change of heart about Harbaugh). That kid's not going anywhere anytime soon, and that along would terrify me as a fan.

Nor had I. I haven't paid attention to the 9ers since the DiBartolo era ended.

I have to agree that it looks like a shortcut to shitzville for the 9ers now.

They have a brain trust that makes Huey, Dewey, and Louie look like DC Tom, Isaac Newton, and Albert Einstein.