Rams after Foles?

Big Gun

Whaley brought in Kolb, which was clearly a mistake in retrospect as a huge injury concern, both concussions and general injury nature. And it backfired, although there were not any good alternatives. I'm not sure how that experience will have any affect, or should have any affect, on bringing in Bradford.

Not to mention that the Bills trainers will dissect him and his knees as much as they possibly can before any deal will be made. Of all the legit "possibilities" out there, Bradford would be my first choice, especially if we are planning on running a lot, and then throwing downfield to our playmakers on play action. Watkins, Woods, Goodwin would be dangerous.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny how we hate our own players yet make excuses for others. Bradford has a 6.29 ypa. Captain Checkdown has a 6.5 ypa. Bradford has a QB rating of 79.3 for his career. EJ, who has played 14 games, has a 78.5. In "breakout" season, Bradford has a QBR of 48. He beat bad teams and put up numbers in garbage time. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13197/sam-bradford

I think Bradford is a very average NFL Qb who is hyped up more because of his draft status. Given his injury history and probable price tag, he is a giant risk. And again, teams don't trade guys they can believe be a franchise QB.

Files is the real deal, strong arm and lightning quick release. The dude is also tough as nails. He got destroyed in Philly in a few of those games and kept getting back up and slinging it. He's not afraid to take a hit to complete a pass.

Files is the real deal, strong arm and lightning quick release. The dude is also tough as nails. He got destroyed in Philly in a few of those games and kept getting back up and slinging it. He's not afraid to take a hit to complete a pass.

If he's the real deal, why would Philly want to get rid of him?

If he's the real deal, why would Philly want to get rid of him?

Because he's not as athletic as Chip Kelly likes his QB's to be. Kelly wants a guy like Mariota so he can work things like the read option into his offense. Mariota fits his system better.

Of the eagles do get rid of Foles, they will end up regretting it. Mark my words.

Because he's not as athletic as Chip Kelly likes his QB's to be. Kelly wants a guy like Mariota so he can work things like the read option into his offense. Mariota fits his system better.

Of the eagles do get rid of Foles, they will end up regretting it. Mark my words.

I'll mark them, and you'll still be wrong. ;)

A quarterback one year removed from his first season as a full time starter during which he threw for 27 TD's and 2 INT's is "awful." Got it.

Must be Foles14-4 record as a starter (I believe) that so many people believe that Bradford is the better choice. WTF? kelly's system did not do crap for Snacheyes or anything special enough that they want him back. he is IMO the big time FA QB the bIlls target. The Rex connection. maybe calling him big time is a bit overdoing it, but The FO still appears behind the curve in identifying QB's. This years free agent class is pathetic.

i wouldn't mind either Bradford or Foles really , but Everything is pure blog board speculation with some click baiting bobblehead rumor mongers thrown in for good measure, or out right lies.

regarding Foles speculation, I have been unable to find a single quote from Kelly or the Eagles they are shopping Foles. and really would have to examine Kelly's head for considering trading Foles. Drafting Mariotta and dumping Foles who is on his cheap rook contract is somthing the Bills might do not Chip Kelly. Who is behind Foles on the depth chart there? And if he does trade him he will not come cheap, meaning Whaley will overpay for any QB not a FA with a W/L resume like Foles.

Edited by Best Player Available

Must be Foles14-4 record as a starter (I believe) that so many people believe that Bradford is the better choice. WTF? kelly's system did not do crap for Snacheyes or anything special enough that they want him back. he is IMO the big time FA QB the bIlls target.

That's because Sanchez is terrible. Kinda makes your argument moot.

Crap happens. To me it's kind of like hours Eric Wood kept getting hurt really in his career.

I'm just saying that fact he's been hurt twice, in three seasons, kind of goes against your statement that he's tough as nails.

I'm just saying that fact he's been hurt twice, in three seasons, kind of goes against your statement that he's tough as nails.

That's fair enough but when you stand in the pocket and take his to complete passes these things happen.

earlier you said Foles is a product of Kelly's system, yet sanchez couldn't get it done. Which is it? because Kelly's system while unique was proven this past season he in the NFL is unable to plug on any QB and make him a winner. And, I am about as big a Kelly homer as they come. The Bills would have made the playoffs with him as coach.

earlier you said Foles is a product of Kelly's system, yet sanchez couldn't get it done. Which is it? because Kelly's system while unique was proven this past season he in the NFL is unable to plug on any QB and make him a winner. And, I am about as big a Kelly homer as they come. The Bills would have made the playoffs with him as coach.

It's a testament to how bad Sanchize is at taking care of the football, not an indictment of Kelly's system. I'm not saying Foles doesn't have skills, he's a middle of the road QB at best in my eyes and his numbers were greatly inflated by the best RB in the game at the time (Shady last season) and Kelly's system. This year he struggled more with McCoy being less effective. Defenses started to take away some of the things Foles liked to do and he was slow to adjust.

I'm with you in the sense that Kelly makes Buffalo playoff bound, I think he's great. I just think Foles isn't.

:lol: I assure you, I don't want to roll into the season with just Tuel and EJ at all. But I'd rather than than to have Sanchez on this roster, that's just a demonstration of how much I loathe Sanchez as my team's QB. Kelly sums up his play best: (paraphrased) he throws a good ball but makes the worst decisions at the worst times consistently. He took over a loaded Philly team, with arguably one of the best offensive minds in the NFL running the show, and he didn't make the playoffs.

EJ and Tuel need to be improved upon, but Sanchez, to me, doubles down on awful at the position.

He might. I'd rather see what EJ can do in year three than give it to Foles. I really don't like Foles' game. EJ, prior to St. Doug's proselytizing the young man into someone afraid to run or throw, had a lot of tools. I haven't given up on EJ being serviceable in this league -- I don't think it's probable right now, but not impossible.

Foles is a middling QB in my mind. We need to upgrade the position, but Foles is not that. He's a lateral move at best.

You seem like a nice guy and you have good grammar- especially for this board- but with all due respect, if you think a) EJ Manuel could possibly match Foles' numbers from 2013 in any system or b) that Manuel to Foles is a lateral move "at best," well then I think I should be the one to inform you that literally no human beings on planet Earth share either of these opinions with you except possibly a few other Bills fans.

The problem is that every single options we have for a starting QB next year is less than optimal. EJ, Tuel, Sanchez, Hoyer, Locker, Mallett, Bradford, Foles, Cutler, Matt Moore, any QB in the draft or any other QB available has huge red flags. Some worse than others. Some have more upside than others, but as it stands right now, our options for competition at the QB spot are very limited. The Bills are currently in the hook-up bar at 3:45am digging through the fat, ugly chicks still left looking to get some action. Chances they will regret which ever one they hook up with, but their going to need to take a shot.

Most likely scenario is to bring in one or two FA or trade QBs and then draft one. Let them fight it out and hopes one pulls a Russell Wilson and surprises the crap out of everyone.

You seem like a nice guy and you have good grammar- especially for this board- but with all due respect, if you think a) EJ Manuel could possibly match Foles' numbers from 2013 in any system or b) that Manuel to Foles is a lateral move "at best," well then I think I should be the one to inform you that literally no human beings on planet Earth share either of these opinions with you except possibly a few other Bills fans.

I don't think EJ, Foles or anyone else will match that year. Foles seemed to hit lightning in a bottle with those stats. I would not expect him or any other QB ever to match that.