Dan Quinn v. Rex Ryan

Atlanta definitely decided that Quinn was the better HC option over Rex Ryan. Two defensive minded coaches. Rex was seemingly a lock to go to ATL. It will be interesting to watch each of them progress over the next few years.

I really like Quinn especially due to the fact that he has been a big factor in Seattle's recent success.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As long Quinn is allowed to bring Sherman, Chancellor and Ear Thomas he should be fine

Look no further than Gus Bradley. Same personal as Quinn had, awful in Jax

Quinn has a better shot because he has Matt Ryan, but I thinking in a few years Seattle coordinators will be seen like NE coordinators. It's all belicheck and carroll

I agree that players are ultimately the difference. My main point was was pretty specific. Given their choice, Atlanta clearly chose Quinn as the better Head Coach option over Ryan. Atlanta's FO has decades more football experience than the Bills.

It will just be interesting to see it all play out. Granted...too many variables to make a direct comparison. Who knows, maybe Quinn came out and flat out told the Bills (through his agent) "Don't bother."

I agree that players are ultimately the difference. My main point was was pretty specific. Given their choice, Atlanta clearly chose Quinn as the better Head Coach option over Ryan. Atlanta's FO has decades more football experience than the Bills.

That's not necessarily true, or we don't know it to be true. Ryan had been burnt by them before. They have four guys with power making the decision. The main guy, the owner Blank's mother passed away the day before Ryan interviewed with the Bills. They didn't give him an answer but it could very well have been they needed more time, because of Blank and because one or more of the other three were unsure about Ryan.

Ryan didn't want to wait and be burnt by them again, so he took the second interview with the Bills before the Falcons made up their mind.

It will just be interesting to see it all play out. Granted...too many variables to make a direct comparison. Who knows, maybe Quinn came out and flat out told the Bills (through his agent) "Don't bother."

if Quinn looked at both defensive rosters and decided not to "bother" with Buffalo, he would be an idiot. He's not. Buffalo wanted to hire someone sooner than he is available. Atlanta was ok with waiting.

Yes I know they have matt Ryan. Unfortunately they need more than that, as we have seen. Their FO has drafted very poorly.

Could be... That's the popular, highly reported version of the story.

Just one question.....

What has Quinn....as a head coach....accomplished in the NFL?

I am not espousing one over the other. Not looking to bash or criticize anyone. But, to answer your question, Quinn's record as a HC is 0-0 which, assuming 0 is a number is a .500 winning percentage. Ryan is 50-52...less than .500.

I am not espousing one over the other. Not looking to bash or criticize anyone. But, to answer your question, Quinn's record as a HC is 0-0 which, assuming 0 is a number is a .500 winning percentage. Ryan is 50-52...less than .500.

That was not the question....I didnt even mention Rex Ryan

But do you actually have a record when you haven't coached a game?

yes...0-0

0-0 is not a record. His record will begin when he coaches an NFL team as a HC for the first time.

I think Atlanta is waiting on McDaniels and not Quinn.

it was reported that McDaniels was their first choice but he was strongly indicating he wanted to stay in NE.

OH...OK...well the answer is still there. His record is 0-0. So far he has been hired. So there's that...which is nice.

Its an answer that you turned to your agenda (which you have no matter how you try to flower it up)

The point I am making is.....there is a MULTITUDE of once hot **** offensive and defensive coordinators in the league that looked great at one time then flamed out as head coaches.......just a ton

and since you have entered Rex into my conversation.....Rex in fact showed that now only is he a great defensive mind but also can HC two teams to afc championships

Somthing that the coordinator has not shown the ability to do.......they are working off that great but terrible word....P.O.T.E.N.T.I.A.L

Maybe Ryan just chose the Bills over Atlanta? We have a better record the last 2 seasons and much, much better defensive pieces.

I think Ryan wanted to be elsewhere until Terry showed him a Brinks truck full of money. I'm surprised more isn't being said about Rex's rich deal.