Golden Cleats

Hah!!

What's the bandwagon fan base ranking?

1) New England

2) Seattle

3) Miami

4) Carolina (just bandwagon in everything but college hoops)

5) Los Angeles

I'd rank

1) New England

2) Seattle

3) Carolina

D) Miami

5) New Orleans

I disagree they were loud and proud even when the Hawks were doing terrible, got to give those fans the respect they deserve.

I disagree. How do you know this? I live in Seattle and was a on the Drumline in 2005 and a season ticket holder 2005-2010. 2005 - 2007 was similar to now. In 2008 they were 4-12 and the place was like a tomb. In 2009 they were 5-11 and again a ton of empty seats. I remember seeing pages and pages of tickets for sale on craigslist for $25.

Someone else mentioned the 2004 game. I was at that one as well. Again, tons of empty seats. Laxadasical fans who didn't even know you're supposed to cheer for a guy when he comes off the field after injury. And they were in a playoff hunt and did in fact win the division that year at 8-8.

Bandwagoneerism as it's best.

Edited by reddogblitz

Hah!!

What's the bandwagon fan base ranking?

1) New England

2) Seattle

3) Miami

4) Carolina (just bandwagon in everything but college hoops)

5) Los Angeles

Actually....

You have a hard time building a case for New England being no. 1 for "bandwagon" fans, as the term bandwagon implies fans that are only fans when the team is doing good. In other words they aren't fans when the team is doing poorly. New England has been doing so good for so long that there is no "doing poorly" time period to use for comparison. The most fortunate fans - yes, that I would agree with.

Edited by Georgia Bill

Actually....

You have a hard time building a case for New England being no. 1 for "bandwagon" fans, as the term bandwagon implies fans that are only fans when the team is doing good. In other words they aren't fans when the team is doing poorly. New England has been doing so good for so long that there is no "doing poorly" time period to use for comparison. The most fortunate fans - yes, that I would agree with.

Incorrect. Speaking as someone who lived in Boston during "the change" (2001), I can assure you the entire *pat fanbase are fair-weather fans. No one cared about the team when they won their first ring, most of the city sported Giants' jackets over their Redsox and Celtic gear.

Boston / New England care more about the Sox, Celtics and Bruins than they ever cared about the *pats.

Edit: Any kid born after 2001 might be a real fan, they were born into a dynasty. Anyone older than 16? Not a real *pat fan.

Edited by GreggyT