NYS Stadium study favors 4 sites (3 downtown)

YoloinOhio

These are the kinds of niche things that you will see with a new stadium: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12284494/miami-dolphins-build-living-room-suites-sun-life-stadium. That comes to $1875 per seat per game (including preseason). I will guarantee that they will be structured where the ticket coasts one number ($200 maybe) and the amenities $1675 (for example). This is an example of how to manipulate the shared revenues vs. the nonshared. The players get a cut of the total so they don't care. As you can see that nonshared drives the cap but teams like the Bills wouldn't be getting that cut to account for the higher cap.

We have been talking a lot about it so I thought that this was a perfect illustration of what it all means.

Wow! $75K for that? Way too expensive, IMO, especially for a fair weather city like Miami.

Then again, never underestimate...

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! $75K for that? Way too expensive, IMO, especially for a fair weather city like Miami.

Then again, never underestimate...

That is before you add on the different TV packages. They are all bought up by large companies for entertaining. You'd be amazed what rich people and companies will spend.

These are the kinds of niche things that you will see with a new stadium: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12284494/miami-dolphins-build-living-room-suites-sun-life-stadium. That comes to $1875 per seat per game (including preseason). I will guarantee that they will be structured where the ticket cost is one number ($200 maybe) and the amenities $1675 (for example). This is an example of how to manipulate the shared revenues vs. the nonshared. The players get a cut of the total so they don't care. As you can see that nonshared drives the cap but teams like the Bills wouldn't be getting that cut to account for the higher cap.

We have been talking a lot about it so I thought that this was a perfect illustration of what it all means.

Wow, that's some pretty swanky stuff. It leads to the obvious question of how many people in Buffalo can afford such luxury, but I get the point is more about the shared vs non-shared revenue, even if the dollar levels vary.

As for the living room experience in Miami, my living room has a ceiling. I've been to early season games in Tampa and Jacksonville and the heat can be far more brutal than any blizzard! I've also declined free tickets because there's no shade in sight. One game in Jacksonville there were about 25 seats in our row and I realized at one point we were the only 2 people left. The rest were all inside the club section in air conditioning watching on TV. I had about $500 into those two seats, but eventually broke down and joined the others inside. We are not the only ones with weather issues! I could live wityh the right kind of dome.

Wow, that's some pretty swanky stuff. It leads to the obvious question of how many people in Buffalo can afford such luxury, but I get the point is more about the shared vs non-shared revenue, even if the dollar levels vary.

Can they sell 20 of them? I would think they could do that easily with sponsorships and corporate $. That is a conservative estimate IMO. If you use my numbers above that's $1.34M in nonshared revenue a year from that asset alone. That is the equivalent of 3,190 of the $420 season tickets and you don't need to share the revenue!! If you take the total revenue from 20 of those it is equivalent to 3,571 of the $420 seats.

It's just some food for thought on the things that are being discussed behind closed doors. This example I thought was a good one. I'm not saying that this exact concept is something that they will do in Buffalo but they will certainly have small, private, exclusive areas of some kind.

I am with leaving it in OP. Say no to the "New NFL" and leave parking and tailgating alone. There is no reason to play a "shell game" w/that revenue. We are lunch bucket crowd who tote their own cooler... Not bar hopping hipsters. There are a lot of private enterprises that charge much cheaper to park AND they pay their property taxes with that revenue.

Know your customer. We are like the KOA of stadiums, not the Embassy Suites. Pave our own path, they move that stadium downtown, there will be failure. IMO.

From the article:

Garfinkel said the current luxury suite isn't ideal for everyone, especially people who want to cheer and feel like they are part of the stadium.

That is just too funny to me.

Way too funny! Yeah, we have a lot of those in BFLO! You gotta be kidding!

From the article:

Garfinkel said the current luxury suite isn't ideal for everyone, especially people who want to cheer and feel like they are part of the stadium.

That is just too funny to me.

I like the mini garbage option (trash can?) for throwing things out

I've done some looking at the Vikings new stadium and that one appears to offer a more varied set of offerings at different price levels. I hope Pegula goes in that direction so people like me don't have to choose between paying $75 K a year or ending up in the upper deck. That is no choice at all. I will admit I'm a seat snob.

I'd think that if there's an option to sit in between the 30s on the first level and do it for $5-6k a pair per year, they would get a lot of takers in that range.

What I want is just prime seats. I'm willing to pay a premium for that, but I don't care about amenities. Hopefully there will be an option that can work for people like me.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

I've done some looking at the Vikings new stadium and that one appears to offer a more varied set of offerings at different price levels. I hope Pegula goes in that direction so people like me don't have to choose between paying $75 K a year or ending up in the upper deck. That is no choice at all. I will admit I'm a seat snob.

I'd think that if there's an option to sit in between the 30s on the first level and do it for $5-6k a pair per year, they would get a lot of takers in that range.

What I want is just prime seats. I'm willing to pay a premium for that, but I don't care about amenities. Hopefully there will be an option that can work for people like me.

I would think that option will certainly exist. That will be a sweet spot for the Bills.

I am with leaving it in OP. Say no to the "New NFL" and leave parking and tailgating alone. There is no reason to play a "shell game" w/that revenue. We are lunch bucket crowd who tote their own cooler... Not bar hopping hipsters. There are a lot of private enterprises that charge much cheaper to park AND they pay their property taxes with that revenue.

Know your customer. We are like the KOA of stadiums, not the Embassy Suites. Pave our own path, they move that stadium downtown, there will be failure. IMO.

Way too funny! Yeah, we have a lot of those in BFLO! You gotta be kidding!

Since I assume you are a FIB based off your username, have you taken in a game at Soldier field? Probably one of the worst stadiums I have ever been to for getting in and out of. Not to mention how ridiculous it looks. While you cannot compare Chicago traffic to Buffalo traffic, I feel like putting a stadium in downtown Buffalo would have similar consequences.

I agree with your OP stance. I would love to see them do a full remodel of the Ralph similar to what the Packers accomplished with Lambeau. Effectively starting with the worst stadium in the league and transforming it into one of the best.

I got a great idea. To help you and all other posters who want a new stadium and all the amenities that come with it, I will help you get acclimated to the new pricing structure. So to do my part I am offering $50 per game parking in Hammers Lot. You should sign up fast as I'm sure others will see the benefit to getting use to paying more for parking now so that it won't be a shock to them later.

I got a great idea. To help you and all other posters who want a new stadium and all the amenities that come with it, I will help you get acclimated to the new pricing structure. So to do my part I am offering $50 per game parking in Hammers Lot. You should sign up fast as I'm sure others will see the benefit to getting use to paying more for parking now so that it won't be a shock to them later.

I guess that I am not looking at this as a want or not want thing. It is a foregone conclusion IMO. They are leaving the retrofit "on the table" to appease the state that just forked over $135M to update it. It isn't really in the plans at all. They just cannot achieve their revenue goals with a retrofit due to the attrition of angry customers who got bumped out of the seats that they have had for 40+ years. "My seat used to be $100 a game and now it is $250. Thanks but no thanks." There are plenty of people that will pay $5,000 a year for a pair of good season tickets. They need a clean slate to do that. The Bills are well aware of this.

I just don't know if WNY enough of the upscale clientele to drive the prices and amneties of all these palaces.

We won't be looking at NY prices but may be looking at Cincinnati, Minnesota, New Orleans, Carolina type prices. There are a lot of tiers between the Bills and the Patriots for example in terms of pricing. The Bills are by no means going to be one of the most expensive teams in the league but will be more in line with some of those markets mentioned above.

...It isn't really in the plans at all....

Can you provide a link or something else that has this statement coming from the Pegula's? I have heard many people utter it, but I have not heard or read that anywhere. Pretty sure it's speculation.

I read that South Park is up in arms ... Where's Kenny?

I can't speak for Kenny but if the stadium is downtown that will be the end of his tailgate as it is now. I think the Red Pinto will be retired. I think the bowling ball shot will be the only thing he will bring to a Bills game. Did any one see the article the other day were the owner of Chefs restaurant ( who was also a Erie County Sheriff and said no way could downtown handle the traffic like how well the Ralph can) and the owner of the Pierce Arrow Car Museum said they do not want a stadium downtown. I'm seeing a trend.

mark.gifTalk of South Park stadium site stirs hornets nest for neighbors [1:59 AM]

I read that South Park is up in arms ... Where's Kenny?

I can't speak for Kenny but if the stadium is downtown that will be the end of his tailgate as it is now. I think the Red Pinto will be retired. I think the bowling ball shot will be the only thing he will bring to a Bills game. Did any one see the article the other day were the owner of Chefs restaurant ( who was also a Erie County Sheriff and said no way could downtown handle the traffic like how well the Ralph can) and the owner of the Pierce Arrow Car Museum said they do not want a stadium downtown. I'm seeing a trend.

mark.gifTalk of South Park stadium site stirs hornets nest for neighbors [1:59 AM]

pardon me, I may be clueless WRT to a real life Kenny. or just being extra thick this AM

I was trying to make a joke about the TV show

south_park3.jpg