NYS Stadium study favors 4 sites (3 downtown)

YoloinOhio

I got a great idea. To help you and all other posters who want a new stadium and all the amenities that come with it, I will help you get acclimated to the new pricing structure. So to do my part I am offering $50 per game parking in Hammers Lot. You should sign up fast as I'm sure others will see the benefit to getting use to paying more for parking now so that it won't be a shock to them later.

Hammer, just to clarify I do not "want" another stadium. I'd love it if the Bills stayed put and I'd gladly wait for my seniority to creep up the list so I can relocate my seats to prime areas.

I love the ride to OP, get excited when I see the "Town of Orchard Park" road sign, love looking at the fall leaves on the way, love the tailgating and the tradition. And Hammers of course has become an institution that's part of the tradition.

BUT, I just don't see the Bills staying put.

So my point was if we have to go to a new venue, I'm going to pony up. If I get the chance to put myself into prime seats I'll pay to do that if an affordable option is there, and I suspect many others will as well. As I said before, I'm all about the sight lines and have no use for the amenities.

Maybe Pegula would help honor the tradition by creating a special Hammers parking area downtown. Who knows?

Edited by BillnutinHouston

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever happens, after plowing $130 mil into OP, nothing will happen for at least 8-10 years, so what's the big deal?

Seattle blew up the King Dome after spending a bundle to fix roof leaks, blew it up before it was paid for BUT, it's an entirely different economic situation there. I don't think we'll go anywhere before a big piece of that $130 mil is amortized.

What if the BILLS go from 0-15 for the Playoffs to 0-23, or 0-25. Remember we don't have a QB yet. It could happen! Then how much interest will there be in where a stadium is located?

From the article:

Garfinkel said the current luxury suite isn't ideal for everyone, especially people who want to cheer and feel like they are part of the stadium.

Ergo, not corporate types.

So who will the prospective ticket holders be, if they can't write off their seats as a business expense? Still seems misdirected to me...

Did any one see the article the other day were the owner of Chefs restaurant ( who was also a Erie County Sheriff and said no way could downtown handle the traffic like how well the Ralph can) and the owner of the Pierce Arrow Car Museum said they do not want a stadium downtown. I'm seeing a trend.

Hard to tell what you're seeing because all they said was they didn't like the Exchange Street site. Neither guy said they were against a downtown stadium...just not that particular site.

"Louis Billittier Jr. favors a new Bills stadium downtown."

"At the same time, Sandoro said he was eager to see a new stadium downtown."

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/development/several-businesses-would-be-among-casualties-of-exchange-street-stadium-site-20150128

The tend that I am seeing is this: "I'm [potential displaced resident/business] against it until I know how much you'll pay me to put it here..."

Since I assume you are a FIB based off your username, have you taken in a game at Soldier field? Probably one of the worst stadiums I have ever been to for getting in and out of. Not to mention how ridiculous it looks. While you cannot compare Chicago traffic to Buffalo traffic, I feel like putting a stadium in downtown Buffalo would have similar consequences.

I agree with your OP stance. I would love to see them do a full remodel of the Ralph similar to what the Packers accomplished with Lambeau. Effectively starting with the worst stadium in the league and transforming it into one of the best.

Yep! Been to Lambeau, been to Soldier.... Soldier is a joke what a proud franchise has become... +75 bucks for the priviledge to park in the open air and gril... You gotta be kidding!

Not sure where the FIB comment comes in, but I will wear it if the shoe fits... Screw places like Michigan and Wisconsin... "Pure Michigan" my azz!!! Oh, BTW... I was born @ Sister's Hospital in BFLO. ;-P ;-P

Interestingly, the Buffalo News is often cited as one of the strongest opponents of a downtown stadium in the debates of the 1960s. Back then the idea was t put the stadium pretty much exactly where the FNC is. The owners feared the impact on their business and other property holdings, and thus they were delighted when Ralph decided on the OP site. So I'm not all that surprised the News is spreading skepticism now either.

Interestingly, the Buffalo News is often cited as one of the strongest opponents of a downtown stadium in the debates of the 1960s. Back then the idea was t put the stadium pretty much exactly where the FNC is. The owners feared the impact on their business and other property holdings, and thus they were delighted when Ralph decided on the OP site. So I'm not all that surprised the News is spreading skepticism now either.

That was when the Butler family owned the paper.

Now that Warren Buffett's the owner, that whole vibe is long gone...

Hard to tell what you're seeing because all they said was they didn't like the Exchange Street site. Neither guy said they were against a downtown stadium...just not that particular site.

"Louis Billittier Jr. favors a new Bills stadium downtown."

"At the same time, Sandoro said he was eager to see a new stadium downtown."

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/development/several-businesses-would-be-among-casualties-of-exchange-street-stadium-site-20150128

The tend that I am seeing is this: "I'm [potential displaced resident/business] against it until I know how much you'll pay me to put it here..."

I stand corrected I should have said they did not like a stadium at the Exchange street site. I remember when my Dad owned property where roughly the RV lot driveway is at the Ralph. He was told here is our offer take it or ....... Edited by Hammered a Lot

Whatever happens, after plowing $130 mil into OP, nothing will happen for at least 8-10 years, so what's the big deal?

Seattle blew up the King Dome after spending a bundle to fix roof leaks, blew it up before it was paid for BUT, it's an entirely different economic situation there. I don't think we'll go anywhere before a big piece of that $130 mil is amortized.

Disagree with this. If Pegula bucks or Jacobs bucks ie private money is paying the majority of the cost I say we are in a new stadium in five years. I believe once the season gets started the laser beam gets put on the stadium issue. And as El Pegual is showing with HarborCenter, he can get **** done like nobody around here is used to seeing.