JeebusCrust

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ayers or McPhee-either would have a career year in this defense

Iupati-follows Roman and fits perfectly

Revis-imagine he and Gilmore together with Graham at nickel.

Ray Rice-hey he's cheap...a show me 1 year deal

Re-sign Searcy

Let Hughes and Spiller move on.

There will be some moves to make sure we have the cap room, but we should.

Draft Maxx Williams TE in 2nd

Duke Johnson or TJ Yeldon in 3rd

I think this team will win with a read option (Seattle style) offense. Too much talent.

Last couple of drafts RBs didnt come off the board till 3rd/4th round so we should be able to get a good one cheaply.

Agreed, if that's how you want to address it. I like the idea of Ingram a lot. He's proven and still young enough to have a two contract type of career in Buffalo if he continues to improve. It's not a must to get a vet, I guess it depends on what they think of the incoming RB class.

There are a few guards available that are significant upgrades to what we have that would come much cheaper than Franklin or Iupati. I'm certainly not going to frown if they sign one of those two, but I think they could vastly improve the line for a lot less money and use that cash elsewhere. There are 3-4 FA OGs that took more snaps than Iupati in 2014 and had a PFF grade of +1 or higher. I'm on my phone so I don't have access to the list right now but Boling is one, and they ALL would be a huge upgrade over Pears(-29 OFF) at only a million or so dollars more than we're paying Pears right now($4.5 mill)

Either way I was worried that we'd be stuck with Chris Williams since he just got a relatively big contract last year but I think he was Marrone's guy. I think the new coaching staff will eat the cost and try and replace him.

Draft wise I say we go in order:

TE, G, RB, FB.

Unless we manage to sign a good allround TE in FA, in which case we'll draft a CB in the second.

Resign Hughes, Searcy, Easley. Resign Spiller if fair value for money.

The Bills are in no way set at RB. Don't over value the Anthony "Boobie" Dixon Greg Roman 49ers connection. He was used more of a FB in SF and was seen much like he is seen in Buffalo - a fill in at RB who has more value as a ST player. Towards the end of his time there, they really questioned his effort.

Spiller is no guarantee to return, Fred Jackson is not a feature back anymore, Bryce Brown who really knows...? I really think the Bills will make a major move at RB based on what Roman/Ryan want to do. It may not be right away but they will be very interested on what happens via waivers.

By the start of training camp there will be an obvious feature back in Buffalo and he is not currently on the roster.

Mike Iupati OG, Pernell McPhee OLB, Da'Norris Searcy S, Brandon Spikes LB, Mark Ingram RB, Mickel Leshoure RB, Tyrod Taylor QB, Kenrick Ellis NT, Virgil Green TE

I'm not sure what we have spend so I'm going modest on the spending and trying to get a few guys on the cheap.

The Bills are in no way set at RB. Don't over value the Anthony "Boobie" Dixon Greg Roman 49ers connection. He was used more of a FB in SF and was seen much like he is seen in Buffalo - a fill in at RB who has more value as a ST player. Towards the end of his time there, they really questioned his effort.

Spiller is no guarantee to return, Fred Jackson is not a feature back anymore, Bryce Brown who really knows...? I really think the Bills will make a major move at RB based on what Roman/Ryan want to do. It may not be right away but they will be very interested on what happens via waivers.

By the start of training camp there will be an obvious feature back in Buffalo and he is not currently on the roster.

This might be true.

I think Boobie is more valuable this year with Roman over Marrone. Like a lot. He did a nice job considering how he was used and what he ran behind. But no feature back. They let Frank Summers go. Fred is what he is. The Man. But 34 years old , he should be coaching by now !

Spiller may not be with us and Bryce is an unkown. ( I always thought he was CJs replacement in theory ).

But RB take a flyer in the late rounds or pick up some one cheap in FA.

The O line needs to be fixed ( guards ) and the TE should be revamped too.

Hughes may not be back. Best wishes though Jerry !! hell of a player.

we are finally set at LBs and have the option to bid on Spikes return. I would take a smart safety over corner and keep Gilmore Graham Leodis and Robey. i think we have a few rooks still too. Cockrell ??

fix the O line with FA to get up and running asap.

C Williams PUP ?

Pears gone Urbik back up. Richardson and Kujo ??

Seantrel will improve.

you are right on. They will get a RB

Julius Thomas isn't worth the money. The guy can't stay on the field and can't block.

Get Iupati or Boling, I'd expect that would really help Glenn & Wood. I want to see Kouandjio moved to RG, I don't see him ever being able to handle NFL speed rushers at LT. Boling is only 25, a Glenn-Boling-Wood-Kouandjio-Henderson line could grow together and become something really special.

I wonder how much Demarco Murray will cost, sounds like he's done in Dallas, if we could sign him to a deal that's easy to dump if he breaks down I would not mind seeing us build our offense around him with Jackson-Brown-Dixon to spell him situationally.