Marrone interviewing in Denver

YoloinOhio

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Because Kubiak is going to accept the job and Sexton knows it and told Doug. He doesn't need to show up for a farce.

Still not a rational reason to turn down the interview, especially when there's a serious question about his team commitment.

You want a competitor in that job, not the guy who's slinking away because there's a higher probability candidate coming in a day later.

Still not a rational reason to turn down the interview, especially when there's a serious question about his team commitment.

You want a competitor in that job, not the guy who's slinking away because there's a higher probability candidate coming in a day later.

That, and after the widely-reported rumored disaster of an interview with the Jets - a team that by all reports was all set to hire him BEFORE the interview - you should really want to go into another interview and generate a different public perception of yourself.

It's not always about getting the job. Sometimes it's about getting the exposure. (That's the whole idea behind the Rooney rule.) Marrone is in desperate need of some positive exposure right now. And he's apparently too stuck on himself to realize it.

That, and after the widely-reported rumored disaster of an interview with the Jets - a team that by all reports was all set to hire him BEFORE the interview - you should really want to go into another interview and generate a different public perception of yourself.

It's not always about getting the job. Sometimes it's about getting the exposure. (That's the whole idea behind the Rooney rule.) Marrone is in desperate need of some positive exposure right now. And he's apparently too stuck on himself to realize it.

I'm sure he has a future here in posting multiple page tomes with smileys that nobody will read.

Maybe. i have to believe that Sexton knows the story and Marrone didn't just ignore his advice at this point. He's a raging egomaniac and a total assclown, but I'm not convinced he's mentally ill.

He's a raging egomaniac and a total assclown, but I'm not convinced he's mentally ill.

You know that's not a scale, right? They're orthogonal conditions..."mentally ill" isn't necessarily worse than "raging egomaniac" or "total assclown." :angry:

You know that's not a scale, right? They're orthogonal conditions..."mentally ill" isn't necessarily worse than "raging egomaniac" or "total assclown." :angry:

I do know that. Bad choice of words. I apologize, actually.

I meant to say, of course, that he is not completely out of touch with the reality of the situation, however infuriated he is, and not totally incapable of listening to reason. Like if Sexton told him you need to go to this interview for the reasons you stated, but Marrone just blew him off and said no. I don't really think that is what happened. I think Sexton told him and the league knows, and owners know that Kubiak has the job, and it won't hurt Marrone at all, with any team, that he didn't go to the farce interview.