Marrone interviewing in Denver

YoloinOhio

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Obviously it would have been better for Marrone and Sexton if he advised his client to stay in Buffalo....

Obviously.

This is just another example of the old Chinese proverb about being careful what you wish for . . . .

In the end, we are truly indebted to Saint Doug. Without him sabotaging his career, we would not have Rex as our head coach. Thanks Doug.

Side note: that's a really effective commercial. Very. Not so much for insurance...but every time it comes on, I crave a chicken parmesan sub.

And I find myself reminiscing about my last new car...

It would be pretty funny if he is hired by the Broncos, and brings Hackett with him. I'd give them 3 games before they both get fired. :lol:

OTOH, if he hires Schwartz as DC, and a solid OC like Trestman he could do well.

In terms of Gary Kubiak I can see why the man might not want the pressure of the entire team again because of that mini stroke / panic attack he suffered at Houston. He did so very well this season with the Ravens.

Maybe Elway was really impressed by the way Marrone punted on Fourth and 2 at Mile High, down 14 in the 4th. It was situational.

Or how he didn't realize one of his best players wasn't on the field half the game, and then threw his asst coach under the bus for not telling him.

Hire this man, john Elway.

If Doug gets Peyton... I'm really going to be upset. Doug hired in Denver, Manning immediately asks for release, and comes to Buffalo... I can dream.

That would be another Saint Doug miracle and certainly help his cause with the Pope.

Elway is to smart to hire Marrone....really wondering what the interview is all about other than padding the interview list length. Marrone has shortcomings that are obvious......including quitting on his owner. I am thinking nobody really wants him then. Mullarky quit a decade ago, and has never been a HC again. He has progressed back to the coordinator level though......I have currently lost track of him, but think he is still in the league.

Maybe . . . just maybe . . . this is Elway's way of getting Manning to retire.

I really don't have any idea what's going on in Denver. After they lost, I saw something suggesting that Elway was going to try and get younger and cheaper -- which doesn't bode well for re-signing some of their key offensive free agents. If he's truly looking to do a quick rebuild, then Manning's future is a huge wild card and this would actually make sense. On the other hand, if they want to stay the course and make Manning happy, Gase is the choice. I don't have a clue how Kubiak would fit in -- other than his connection to Elway.