I'm sorry, but I think we took a big step back

Virgil

So what you're saying is that if Rex learns from his past mistakes and doesn't lose his vision again.....we will be in good shape.

There is a bit more involved. But yeah!

Should the Bills be able to build duplicate that same power run game the Jets had in 2009-2010, and play keep the ball away from the other team, all the while wreaking havoc on opposing QB's.

The is the same blueprint the 2009 Baltimore Ravens gave the world when they went up to New England in the Wildcard game, and pounded the Patriots 34-14. Ravens QB Joe Flacco went 4 of 10 for 34 yards, one INT :w00t: . Meanwhile they had 52 rushes for 244 yards, and four TD's with the run game. That Ravens D sacked Brady 3x, and intercepted him 2x.

Just a darn shame that nobody in the Bills FO noticed what the Jets or Ravens did in 2009.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not miserable at all. I'm just trying my best to understand why so many of my fellow Bills fans are ecstatic over the hire of a HC that just went 4-12, and didn't have a winning season the last four years! His zip code changed. His uni, and team patches changed. Yet the circumstances of his situation of his last job didn't change.

So you hate the hire, whatever. Do you think everyone is going to read your posts and have a V-8 moment and say FTL is so smart, Ryan does suck. You have a negative view to the hire-- we get it.

The point is that Schwartz took over a much worse team, and that's going to negatively affect his winning percentage for comparison purposes. I think you can admit that. Can you really fault Schwartz for the only 0-16 team in the Super Bowl era not winning 9 games?

But his team collapsed at the end of 2013. I think he is a very good DC, I don't think he is an NFL quality head coach based on the entire body of work at Detroit. I think Ryan is a better head coach, not great but better. I suspect most NFL owners agree at this point. What's your view?

There is a bit more involved. But yeah!

Should the Bills be able to build duplicate that same power run game the Jets had in 2009-2010, and play keep the ball away from the other team, all the while wreaking havoc on opposing QB's.

The is the same blueprint the 2009 Baltimore Ravens gave the world when they went up to New England in the Wildcard game, and pounded the Patriots 34-14. Ravens QB Joe Flacco went 4 of 10 for 34 yards, one INT :w00t: . Meanwhile they had 52 rushes for 244 yards, and four TD's with the run game. That Ravens D sacked Brady 3x, and intercepted him 2x.

Just a darn shame that nobody in the Bills FO noticed what the Jets or Ravens did in 2009.

If they did not notice why then did they hire Ryan and ground and pound Roman?

We took a an over-sized CLOWN shoe step back. Let's overhaul the great 'D' and change coaches and personnel (which will take about 2 years) and bring in this blowhard. Brilliant idea to go for the glitter name rather than someone who will know how to use our Rolls Royce receiving corps and has SOME knowledge of offense. Good God !

We took a an over-sized CLOWN shoe step back. Let's overhaul the great 'D' and change coaches and personnel (which will take about 2 years) and bring in this blowhard. Brilliant idea to go for the glitter name rather than someone who will know how to use our Rolls Royce receiving corps and has SOME knowledge of offense. Good God !

It will not take two years, or even one off season, to change schemes. Personnel doesn't need to be changed.

But otherwise, you're spot on. :lol:

If they did not notice why then did they hire Ryan and ground and pound Roman?

In case you did not notice this team had near the very worst O line in the league last year while the 49ers had darn near the best, if not the best. Hiring one OC doesn't not magically fix whats been the biggest player problem with the offense the last two years!!

Oh, in case you forgot Nathaniel Hackett tried that same ground and pound scenario in his first year as OC in 2013, and the Bills lead the league in rushing attempts, and #2 in rushing overall in the league. Yet all that running did was give them a lot of rushing yards, and 6-10 wins. Rushing for a ton of yards does nothing if you don't have the ability to move the chains, and control the line of scrimmage.

In case you did not notice this team had near the very worst O line in the league last year while the 49ers had darn near the best, if not the best. Hiring one OC doesn't not magically fix whats been the biggest player problem with the offense the last two years!!

Oh, in case you forgot Nathaniel Hackett tried that same ground and pound scenario in his first year as OC in 2013, and the Bills lead the league in rushing attempts, and #2 in rushing overall in the league. Yet all that running did was give them a lot of rushing yards, and 6-10 wins. Rushing for a ton of yards does nothing if you don't have the ability to move the chains, and control the line of scrimmage.

Watch the presser, remove the noose. Rex will make the OL his baby.

Time to turn off the waterworks.

Defense is not getting overhauled.

GO BILLS!!!

In case you guys missed it being Bills fans. Rex Ryan promised the NY Jets fans a super bowl. The man left the Jets with a lot of broken promises.

Saying it doesn't make it magically happen.

He didn't promise a Super Bowl here.

He didn't promise a Super Bowl here.

I didn't say he did.

There is no question its easy to love the man, as he is very charismatic. Says all the right thinks. Players love the guy, and play their hearts out for him. Its why his last owner Woody Johnson loved him, and literally hated to fire him. Probably cringing that the Bills hired him. The players also loved Jauron. The fans loved Gailey. Nate Hackett loved Marrone.

All the talk in the world doesn't equate to wins.

I didn't say he did.

There is no question its easy to love the man, as he is very charismatic. Says all the right thinks. Players love the guy, and play their hearts out for him. Its why his last owner Woody Johnson loved him, and literally hated to fire him. Probably cringing that the Bills hired him. The players also loved Jauron. The fans loved Gailey. Nate Hackett loved Marrone.

All the talk in the world doesn't equate to wins.

We all know this. The Pegulas know this. Whaley and Brandon know this. Rex, Im sure, knows this.

But we are 8 months away from being able to try to get those wins. And it is a press conference. All anyone can do right now is talk.