Predict Jerry Sullivan's reaction

I expect Jerry to play both sides of the hiring of Rex Ryan. Expect a lukewarm reaction with hedges to the pro and con. He will highlight Ryan's recent failures, (How good can he be if even Marrone had his number?) Plus include mentions of Sanchez, "Butt fumble" and foot fetishes. He will also raise Pegula's missteps with hiring Sabres staff. Plenty of snark but all bases will be covered so he can say he told us so.

People still play attention to him? That geek called Mario a loser on the radio two years ago and wanted Dareus cut this offseason.

I trust Buffalo Barbarian's opinions on Qbs more than I care about anything Sullivan writes.

80% of Buffalo media is worthless. Why does it take a national guy to bring Bills' news?

He seems to like the Roman hire

Also this:

@TBNSully: In four games against Ryan's Jets the last two seasons, the Patriots averaged 270 yards of offense. Against the rest of the NFL: 390 a game.

you're killing the narrative of this thread.

Jerry Sullivan @TBNSully · 4h 4 hours ago

Still, a great hire by Pegula for one main reason: Tom Brady is the best quarterback ever, and Ryan is the best at game planning for him.

I didn't expect Rex Ryan to be interested in the Bills, figured he'd have better offers. But Pegulas had money and a top defense to offer.

Who cares what Sully thinks. Finally we get a guy who can outcoach Belichick.

Roman may end up being the true gem when all is said and done.

I hope Ryan finds a way to keep Schwartz. I know that I would.

We should reap the benefits in the FA market. If we can get a HQ QB, watch out.

Oh, this is like shooting a duck in a bucket. I just heard a film clip with Jason LaCanfora slamming Rex for taking the job and saying it's the least desireable job and Rex "fumbled" the deal, who will he get for OC, they don't have a QB doom gloom doom gloom.

Sullivan will be all over that spinning it from the Buffalo side, we overpaid for a sub-500 coach who has no idea how to build an offense and meanwhile we still don't have a QB or an OL and will have to settle for a 2nd-tier OC like Roman or Trestman and will Rex blow up the team's strength, the D doom gloom doom gloom

Sully is a "set 'em up to knock 'em down" guy. He'll love it...

Agree

Still, a great hire by Pegula for one main reason: Tom Brady is the best quarterback ever, and Ryan is the best at game planning for him.
I didn't expect Rex Ryan to be interested in the Bills, figured he'd have better offers. But Pegulas had money and a top defense to offer.

He couldn't have said it better!