Rex is scheduled for a Second Interview.

Leroi

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats up Kirby, your thoughts?

I'm good with it I think. I preferred an offensive coach because I thought that was the area that needed the most focus. With that being said Roman is an accomplished OC regardless of what happened this past year. If he keeps Schwartz all the better. That is a real coaching staff IMO. Rex will institute a swagger and belief that is important for a team on the cusp. That "we aren't going to kiss their rings" mentality is a welcome change from a team that (until this year anyways) were terrified of the Pats. That will change.

I suspect that they will get their QB & address the OL and TE positions this offseason. I was a little leery about a young guy for a team in the Bills position. The national people will be all over the place because they don't really know much about the Bills.

Rex is a really good coach and will be a breath of fresh air. That Jets team was TERRIBLE. Nobody could have won 6 games with that talent. When he had pretty good talent he won. If they fix the OL and address the QB this team will be on it's way.

Thia is an amazing image. Can you imagine Rex sitting there pounding beers screaming " You've got to pressure up the middle and put that kitty on his ass!" as Brady marched down the field

That's funny as hell, because I can totally see that happening!

Allow me to reiterate. For the life of me I have no idea why so many here are willing to accept a defensive HC that just ended the season at 4-12. Its was back in 2010 in Chan Gailey's first season since the Bills were nearly that bad at 4-12, and even Gailey managed to get better. Ryan's teams in 2011, 8-8. In 2012, 6-10. In 2013, 8-8. In 2014, 4-12.

Then look at his defense the last few years in terms of yards allowed, and points allowed. 24-6, 19-11, 20-8, 20-5, and the last time the Jets fielded a really good all around defense was back in 2010 when they were 6th in points allowed, 4th in yards allowed. While stats wise the Jets looked good in overall total defense from 2011 to 2014 they gave up far to many points every year being at around 20th every year.

The Bills just destroyed Rex's teams this season, and made his QB's look unbelievably incompetent. Jeez, let the Falcons have him. I'm just a bit taken aback that more Bills fans aren't as concerned about him getting a second look.

We need to win with defense and power running. Simply put, Rex is the best available fit for that style. Add in his knowledge of the division and his experience as HC and he's a great choice.

Adam Gase, Pep Hamilton or Mike Shanahan isn't going to make us a world class offense. We are much better off with a HC who understands how we need to win than a first time "guru" who'll get run over by Schwartz.

What's the other news leroi ? You hearing any whispers about a Bradford/Cutler type ? What were some of these other moves ?

If Leroi is someone in the know (and it appears so) then they won't be able to answer that question (Because of NFL Rules). But it sounds like there is some exciting potential moves coming.

When you have hope you have everything...