Bills pick to Eagles for Bryce Brown - officially 4th in '15

YoloinOhio

The pick was conditional based on production of Stevie and Bryce... Since the pick came from SF. Looks like neither met the production qualifiers. If Stevie had... Would have been pushed to '16.

@BleedingGreen: Official: Eagles receive fourth round pick from the Bills due to the Bryce Brown trade http://t.co/o7BCf51YQVhttp://t.co/qQcCHEEewB

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's be honest, our roster is finally in a place where not having a full slate of draft picks won't kill us. We don't have many holes and in most places have good depth- it's not like 2-3 years ago. I wouldn't stress, most of these guys won't make the team this year.

I expect the Bills to be very active in FA this year.....

CBF

same here. Esp. with Whaley continually stating there are "other ways" to obtain a QB. I assume he will find "other ways" to find offensive lineman, and perhaps a TE. We can then draft depth at those positions.

Let's be honest, our roster is finally in a place where not having a full slate of draft picks won't kill us. We don't have many holes and in most places have good depth- it's not like 2-3 years ago. I wouldn't stress, most of these guys won't make the team this year.

I agree with this...

I dont know what Stevie's stats needed to be to turn that pick into a third but with way he was playing at one point i have to believe he was well on his way to getting there until his playing time was cut before eventually not even being active the last week or two of the season.

Couldn't agree more. And to piggy back off of this, free agency never works when you are trying to completely fix/overhaul a roster. But adding depth and plugging holes, which is what the Bills need to do, is where free agency can be extremely helpful.

I dont know what Stevie's stats needed to be to turn that pick into a third but with way he was playing at one point i have to believe he was well on his way to getting there until his playing time was cut before eventually not even being active the last week or two of the season.

After 10 games, he was on pace for 50 catches exactly. He had four catches (for 36 yards) in the final 6 games and wasn't targeted at all in the final 2. I think we can all figure out what was up. He ended up with 35 catches with a 12.4 ypc average. His ypc average in the final six games brought him down by about half a yard from his average in the first 10 games.

After 10 games, he was on pace for 50 catches exactly. He had four catches (for 36 yards) in the final 6 games and wasn't targeted at all in the final 2. I think we can all figure out what was up. He ended up with 35 catches with a 12.4 ypc average. His ypc average in the final six games brought him down by about half a yard from his average in the first 10 games.

I wonder if he will be cut... big contract; new coach?

On top of that, look at the last handful of drafts. The first round is almost exclusively QBs, LTs, Pass Rushers, WRs & CBs. We aren't in the market for any of those beyond QB and the top 2 are going to be long gone by 19. Very good guards and TEs are always available in rounds 2 & 3.