What if our new coach is worse than Marrone?

What if he's waaaaay worse? Has anyone bothered to ask themselves that question?

I know the Buffalo sports media hasn't. I know the professional Bills hater Chris Mortensen hasn't...but that's because no matter what we do, it's wrong....unless of course we hire Tom Donahoe to be GM again. Then Chris will forgive us.

The media ran Marrone out of town(without much thought), and are still killing hiim with story after story. They are the story now.

They are the story, because if whoever we end up with is a regression back to all the terrible coaches we've had since Old Whitey?

They will have to answer for that. You know damn well this board/their twitter/emails accounts will fill up with: "WTF did you do"?

The fans will hold them accountable. And there will be no "right to change my opinion" for them this time.

Pee Wee Herman couldn't be anyone worse than a text-king who leaves his men upon the battle field while he tip-toes quietly away into the night.

Moreover, no incoming coach--especially with this year's defensive prowess--would fail to go for a first down on 4th and 1 in a neutral part of the field.

No incoming coach can be any worse than the inept two-faced "family" and "team" is important bunch of hot air much ado about nothing texter.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This! This my friend. Is not possible. RELAX

Sure it is. Nobody thought it could be worse than Greggo. And then it did get worse, 2x. Dick Jauron was the low water mark. The games were unwatchable.

There was only one unwatchable game in Marrone's tenure, and that was last season.

I'll relax when I see improvement over Marrone. If I don't, then we are idiots for forcing him out, only to bring in a loser.....and as I already see down thread, we already have Buffalo media apologists trying to tell us that taking a step backwards in wins next year, given a much easier schedule...is something I should be OK with?

F that.

Sure it is. Nobody thought it could be worse than Greggo. And then it did get worse, 2x. Dick Jauron was the low water mark. The games were unwatchable.

There was only one unwatchable game in Marrone's tenure, and that was last season.

I'll relax when I see improvement over Marrone. If I don't, then we are idiots for forcing him out, only to bring in a loser.....and as I already see down thread, we already have Buffalo media apologists trying to tell us that taking a step backwards in wins next year, given a much easier schedule...is something I should be OK with?

F that.

I might be on board with you if you could direct me to the information that tells us that the Bills forced him out. The guy quite. He's accountable for his actions, nobody else.

Pee Wee Herman couldn't be anyone worse than a text-king who leaves his men upon the battle field while he tip-toes quietly away into the night.

Moreover, no incoming coach--especially with this year's defensive prowess--would fail to go for a first down on 4th and 1 in a neutral part of the field.

No incoming coach can be any worse than the inept two-faced "family" and "team" is important bunch of hot air much ado about nothing texter.

This illogical emotional response is hilarious.

Marrone went for 4th and 1's in the middle of the field, by the way.

Edited by FireChan

Marrone opted out...if he could not handle the media...that is a weakness of character i just do not want in a Head Coach...in any sport. I don't remember Lindy begging out, and friggen Bucky , Jerry and Harrington were just killing him...way worse they ever crucified St Doug.

And Lindy had actually won a conference title ...imagine that!

Weakness? They guy delivers the first winning season in 10 years and gets disproportionate schit for it?

No way. Weakness is staying, and taking crap from morons, because you're too scared to leave/afraid you can't get a job elsewhere.

Strength is repsonding to ridiculousness with a fine F U, and heading for the exit, becaue you know you can get a job elsewhere.

What if he's waaaaay worse? Has anyone bothered to ask themselves that question?

I know the Buffalo sports media hasn't. I know the professional Bills hater Chris Mortensen hasn't...but that's because no matter what we do, it's wrong....unless of course we hire Tom Donahoe to be GM again. Then Chris will forgive us.

The media ran Marrone out of town(without much thought), and are still killing hiim with story after story. They are the story now.

They are the story, because if whoever we end up with is a regression back to all the terrible coaches we've had since Old Whitey?

They will have to answer for that. You know damn well this board/their twitter/emails accounts will fill up with: "WTF did you do"?

The fans will hold them accountable. And there will be no "right to change my opinion" for them this time.

Doug Marrone quit on the Buffalo Bills. He wasn't run out of town by the media. Every city's media criticizes the coach at times. It was his decision and his alone.

Marrone opted out...if he could not handle the media...that is a weakness of character i just do not want in a Head Coach...in any sport. I don't remember Lindy begging out, and friggen Bucky , Jerry and Harrington were just killing him...way worse they ever crucified St Doug.

And Lindy had actually won a conference title ...imagine that!

Exactly. The guy is an exotistical maniac who thought he should have the same power as a guy like Belichick despite posting no real results. He failed to develop the QB he was given (and likely had more than a little input in choosing) and skipped town with a full paycheck under the belief everyone would rush over themselves to hire him. If the media is really the reason the guy is clearly clueless as to what comes along with being a NFL coach.

Either he's a quitter who is only looking to cash in on a better opportunity or he's much too thin skinned and clueless for the job in the first place, regardless we are better off without him.

If the next coach is worse? Pretty simple - Fire him and hire somebody else. This isn't life or death. As someone said above, Marrone ran Marrone out of town. Sports reporters shouldn't be taken too seriously, they should be read for entertainment purposes only because what they report on doesn't really mean anything no matter what happens. It all is just for fun!

I feel like in 2015 coaches in all sports are judged by how their team performs relative to their perceived talent. The bills had/have as much talent on the defensive side of the ball as just about any team in football. They have some playmakers on offense but were hampered by poor qb play. Honestly they ended up right about where they should have been at 9-7. That being said, if Denver beat Cincinnati in that Monday night game we would have finished 8-8. I think marrone banked on people looking at that 9-7 record and having them fooled into believing he somehow overachieved with this team. He did not. We will have 9-7 talent again- probably better once we upgrade at qb and factoring in a seemingly light schedule. It would be difficult for someone to come in and make this team worse. My two cents.

I might be on board with you if you could direct me to the information that tells us that the Bills forced him out. The guy quite. He's accountable for his actions, nobody else.

You're not going to get that from me, because I've haven't said one time that the Bills forced him out, in this entire thread.

Reading comprehension is important.

I have said that the Buffalo Media, and clearly their parrots here and elsewhere, forced him out. Marrone said "I'm not taking this crap from unmitigated morons" and left.

I would do the same thing in his shoes. I've done the same thing in his shoes. He has demonstrated he can do the job at least competently. And therefore, he's in a minute group of people. The NFL needs competent coaches a lot more than competent coaches need the NFL...because: college.

Weakness? They guy delivers the first winning season in 10 years and gets disproportionate schit for it?

No way. Weakness is staying, and taking crap from morons, because you're too scared to leave/afraid you can't get a job elsewhere.

Strength is repsonding to ridiculousness with a fine F U, and heading for the exit, becaue you know you can get a job elsewhere.

Weakness is being a quitter. It's not having the guts to stand by 'your family' and see the process through. It's being thin skinned when faced with 'typical' NFL media criticism. It's assigning blame everywhere but on the man in the mirror. It's running for the door via text message because you can't face 'your' team.

Strength is rallying inward, getting stronger, using criticism to motivate you more... and then giving everyone (to borrow your phrase) a big FU when you reach your goals.

All the backlash you allege started after he quit. Period. He earned it.

Weakness is being a quitter. It's not having the guts to stand by 'your family' and see the process through. It's being thin skinned when faced with 'typical' NFL media criticism. It's assigning blame everywhere but on the man in the mirror. It's running for the door via text message because you can't face 'your' team.

Strength is rallying inward, getting stronger, using criticism to motivate you more... and then giving everyone (to borrow your phrase) a big FU when you reach your goals.

All the backlash you allege started after he quit. Period. He earned it.

The media asked him if he was worried about his job security after the GB game. You know, the game everyone said we had no chance of winning.

The brain trust didn't force Marrone out. The Buffalo media did. Their parrots did.

The media didn't force Marrone out. He left because he saw a chance to pocket $4M and leverage his 'resurrecting' the Bills myth into another lucrative deal with another NFL team for more money and more control. From what has transpired so far that appears to be the Jets. And even if the media did run him out of town that only shows he's an emotional weakling that isn't suiting for a HC job where interacting with the press and dealing with potential criticism is a certainty.

My theory is most of what he did and didn't do during the course of the season was aligned with his objective of putting himself in a position to make his next move. Defense and FG's won 9 games, not the genuis and superior coaching skills of Doug Marrone.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

Exactly. The guy is an exotistical maniac who thought he should have the same power as a guy like Belichick despite posting no real results. He failed to develop the QB he was given (and likely had more than a little input in choosing) and skipped town with a full paycheck under the belief everyone would rush over themselves to hire him. If the media is really the reason the guy is clearly clueless as to what comes along with being a NFL coach.

Either he's a quitter who is only looking to cash in on a better opportunity or he's much too thin skinned and clueless for the job in the first place, regardless we are better off without him.

Or he's a highly competent coach who took one look at a clown like Jerry Sullivan and said "I'm better than this, and dealing with this guy is beneath me. Any job anywhere is better than listening to these small-time hacks prattle on."

So, he takes his skills to the competition. This scenario is more likely than yours.

You aren't automatically an egomanic, because you say "I'm not taking this crap from you buffoons". You simply have self-respect.

This illogical emotional response is hilarious.

Marrone went for 4th and 1's in the middle of the field, by the way.

On his terms no doubt...

When it truly matters (think Oakland in case your memory is impaired for the moment) he caves...

Missed a golden opportunity to put his complete faith and trust in Jim Schwartz's defense, yet he cowers and punts like an indecisive whimp. C'mon, 4th and 1 with a potential playoff advancement, yet he folds. Chip Kelly he will never be, but then again Coach Kelly is a winner instead of a loser.

Or he's a highly competent coach who took one look at a clown like Jerry Sullivan and said "I'm better than this, and dealing with this guy is beneath me. Any job anywhere is better than listening to these small-time hacks prattle on."

So, he takes his skills to the competition. This scenario is more likely than yours.

You aren't automatically an egomanic, because you say "I'm not taking this crap from you buffoons". You simply have self-respect.

Self respect and inner strength is finishing what you started. Succeeding in the face of adversity. Jerry Sullivan? Please. I dont want a HC that succumbs to the pressure of the likes of him, Schoop, Bulldog, Howard Simon, or idiot posters on a message board.

The media asked him if he was worried about his job security after the GB game. You know, the game everyone said we had no chance of winning.

And that's 'outrageous' or out of character for NFL media? As above....standard criticism until he quit. The personal backlash came after.

For the record, I have no problem with him quitting. He exercised his contractual right. I have a problem with how he did it.