Browns part ways with Kyle Shanahan

YoloinOhio

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There were personnel guys texting play calls to the sideline

I heard that reported yesterday and almost spit out my coffee. There is speculation it was the owner as well. What a mess over in Cleveland. Im surprised a guy like Shanahan didnt walk off the field right there and then. I wouldnt have blamed him.

@alexmarvez: Sources tell @NFLonFOX that @Browns OC Kyle Shanahan asked for and was granted his release. QBs coach Dowell Loggains was fired

I would guess that Kyle Shanahan needs to be picky about his next QB situation. RGIII to Manziel not ideal for career growth... He may not see EJ as a good idea for his next step.

Derek Carr OTOH...

Edited by YoloinOhio

I actually think he could help EJ thrive.

As much as I want Hackett to get a shot outside of Marrone's shadow, a promotion for Schwartz and Kyle as OC is FAR from a worse case scenario in 2015!

That may be one of the best scenarios.

There are so many things that go into being a HC that there is zero apprenticeship for. Guys like Gase and Bevell may turn into great coaches but there is so much you don't know about them. And learning on the job can be painful. That's why a lot of great coordinators fail. Just calling timeouts which seems so simple but it's the pressure of the game and you have 12 other things on your mind. Or the active list each game. Going for it or punting. Fans make these things out as so easy, and granted, a lot of times they are no brainers.

But sometimes it's like an easy four foot putt in golf. A lot of great golfers can drain them regularly. The guy that can drain it regularly on the 18th hole with the cameras and the crowd and the tournament and a million dollars on the line is the great golfer. And there aren't that many.

@alexmarvez: Source tells @NFLonFOX that @Browns are parting ways with OC Kyle Shanahan after 1 season. Announcement is imminent

Also QB coach Dowell Loggains

I thought Kyle did a fantastic job as OC last year. Nice mixes of runs vs passes, definitely trying to keep the defense off balance and tailored to strengths. For the most part the plays were crisp and not sloppy. Until Manziel got in there.

Yah, Schwartz HC with Kyle as OC and either Pep or someone Jimmy wants is sounding pretty good to me.