Why so negative after winning season?

artmalibu

I am not being negative.

I am basking in the glow of perpetual mediocrity. (50 year fan here)

I am tired of the resounding mantra "We are number two".

I want to see someone take charge and just WIN a championship before I die.

+1

I agree. It seems like the goal for the Bills is just to make it to the playoffs, while the goal should be to win the Super Bowl.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think his agent gives a schit as to what TBD says. I think it is Dougie...

Has been reported that he scrolls through twitter and the internet looking to see what is being said...

i really, really hope tbd contributed in some small way to st. mojo's departure.

I felt the same way, artmalibu, when the season ended. Then the HC who led us to the record in 2 short years was basically run out of town IMO (I know I'm in the minority here. No debate, please). We don't have a viable QB and we don't have a first round pick. Bizarre, isn't it, after the best season in a decade?

Run out of town?

Doug "abandoned ship with a mere text" Marrone slipped out of town thinking the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. This year's defense and ST's unit carried the team to a winning season, not Marrone & his inept OC.

and in respect to a viable QB, it's not EJ's fault Marrone & his inept OC's combined offensive "prowess' doesn't equate into what someone of Chip Kelly's caliber could have done in terms of really developing EJ. Can only imagine what types of numbers Kelly would have EJ amassing from Day One. We just have to face the truth, Marrone is no Chip Kelly. It's that simple really.

Edited by Lombardi1

I'm actually upbeat about where this team is, the talent level on both sides as well as the age of most of the players. I'm excited about a new coach- I did not want Marrone back as it was- The defense is top 5 any way you want to slice it, the offense can only get better. We all know we need a QB and a couple of NFL guards but a year with young players like Glenn, Henderson, Woods, Watkins and others will only help in their development. As for our first round pick we are not talking about the 2-3-4-5-6 pick of the draft we would have the 19th or 20th depending on a coin flip going to Cleveland. Some of us act like "oh my god" no first round pick - picking that late we aren't getting a difference maker.

I felt the same way, artmalibu, when the season ended. Then the HC who led us to the record in 2 short years was basically run out of town IMO (I know I'm in the minority here. No debate, please). We don't have a viable QB and we don't have a first round pick. Bizarre, isn't it, after the best season in a decade?

Doug why did it take so long to get Urbik in the starting lineup? Did he bang your wife or mother?

It's just like 1984 when Baltimore fans ran the Irsays out of town and made them move the Colts to Indianapolis.

kj

Right, and EJ was 2 and 2 while Kyle was 7 and 6 after getting a handout the last week of the season.

So, worse case if EJ starts next year and doesn't improve the difference could be easily made up with an improved running game and better game management from the coach.

I would rather take my chances on the best guy they can bring in and EJ over saying Orton is the starter.

With the deal he had he would have been an idiot to stay with out an extension. He is collecting next years pay and can go get another job after posting the first winning season in a long time.

orton was 7 and 5...Math :doh:

Some of us respected the work you did here Dougie. I have attempted culture change with a team with a decade plus of losing in a diffierent sport on a less high profile scale and it is harder than most here credit. However, you hadn't finished the job and were only halfway through. You hadn't exacted any lasting culture chage yet.

So what none of us respect is the way you hot footed it out of town because a few nasty journalists said some bad things about you and because you didn't see eye to eye with your boss and then informed the guys who have busted their tails for you this year with an impersonal group text. That is not leadership Dougie. Never has been. In fact it is the cowards way out I'm sorry to tell you.

So if you have come here looking to whine yourself some sympathy you are in the wrong place.

Funny like is Orton were to be the starter next year would give some folks hope. lol

You call it funny, I call it sad. Sad that a QB of Ortons ability is demonstratively better than our failed first rounder. Also sad is the fact that he is now being given a pass and his failure pinned on his former coach. Addtionally sad is our GM trying to buy himself sometime by demanding the new head coach work with our failed first rounder. Makes me wonder if Marrone saw the writing on the wall when Orton retired feeling having to go with EJ he would be fired after next year anyway. if you were Rex Ryan with his defensive background would you join a team having EJ or Matt Ryan? Reality of our situation is what is making me blue.

Go Bills

For most 15 years no playoffs

From quite a few - Orton quit and they hate EJ

a year ago I thought 9-7 was a good record (with EJ) and therefore I am OK with it

Orton the year long retiree is gone, so I'm OK with that.

DW wanting to develop and coach EJ (being the starter) in 2015, so I'm OK with that.

Marone quit, so I'm OK with that.

all in all the OP is correct why?

orton was 7 and 5...Math :doh:

Orton for his career was just over .500 and he couldn't scramble out of a sack.

For most 15 years no playoffs

From quite a few - Orton quit and they hate EJ

a year ago I thought 9-7 was a good record (with EJ) and therefore I am OK with it

Orton the year long retiree is gone, so I'm OK with that.

DW wanting to develop and coach EJ (being the starter) in 2015, so I'm OK with that.

Marone quit, so I'm OK with that.

all in all the OP is correct why?

Orton for his career was just over .500 and he couldn't scramble out of a sack.

So You must also be good qith his replacement who has a .375 career record and assumes the upright fetal position when pressured.

So You must also be good qith his replacement who has a .375 career record and assumes the upright fetal position when pressured.

Orton, after 10 years, is what he is. He was not a developing QB. He was a good backup. EJ is a 24 year old inexperienced QB. Whether or not a fan is "good" with that can simply mean they are open to watching what he becomes. Whaley said he is bringing in at least 1 if not 2 other QBs next year. We may or may not need to be "good" with EJ as our starter. TBD.

who's that? some fictional character living in your head??

Get over it and live with the idea that EJ will be the #1 QB in 2015.

The fast paced O installed last season by Marone for a ROKIE QB was stupid as hell.

Keeping Orton as QB after the KC and Miami back to back losses again was stupid as hell.

as to your assumed preference .... Orton couldn't score a single point against the Patriots BACK UP PLAYERS for Christs sake !!!

Now that Doug Marrone is on TBD as mojo44, it has me wondering. If you could get any ex bills coach on TBD, who would it be, and what would their screen name be?

Wade Phillips and a screen name of "Ha ha, I got the last laugh"

Why so negative after winning season? Really..

First wining season in 10 years and so much negativity!!

So the QB who was not so good anyway retires. Thats good that there is no way Orton will go into next season as the starter. They will have to find someone to compete with EJ.

So the coach leaves that many didnt like anyway, and it seems as if the players didnt think much of him either. When they hired Doug I bet a lot of guys would not want to coach in Buffalo. Now, the roster is better, and no cap problems. I think its easier to get a good coach now than 3 years ago.

Should still have a very good defense even if Jerry leaves, and Kiko will be back too.

Ok, no first round pick but many dont believe that the missing link QB is in this years draft.

I cant remember that last time after a season ended that I truly thought that next year could be double digit wins!

GO BILLS

-15 years now of no playoffs

-still an unsettled QB situation

-games we should of won that we didn't

-Marrone not letting EJ get some reps after we were eliminated

-the offense completely becoming a heap of garbage under Marrone.

I watched every game this year and went to 5....we clearly had a crap HC , until we get a good one and have solid QB play whats to be excited about?

Why so negative after winning season? Really..

First wining season in 10 years and so much negativity!!

So the QB who was not so good anyway retires. Thats good that there is no way Orton will go into next season as the starter. They will have to find someone to compete with EJ.

So the coach leaves that many didnt like anyway, and it seems as if the players didnt think much of him either. When they hired Doug I bet a lot of guys would not want to coach in Buffalo. Now, the roster is better, and no cap problems. I think its easier to get a good coach now than 3 years ago.

Should still have a very good defense even if Jerry leaves, and Kiko will be back too.

Ok, no first round pick but many dont believe that the missing link QB is in this years draft.

I cant remember that last time after a season ended that I truly thought that next year could be double digit wins!

GO BILLS

I said the very same thing in the Bills Mafia FB group. The whiny, panic stricken, dirt kicking, doom preaching negativity is just plain sickening now. I thought these were true die hard loyal Bills backers and supporters. Yes, it's disappointing that they didn't make the playoffs, but it's NOT the end of the run. We have something to build on.

1) A championship caliber defense

2) Improved special teams

3) Our first winning season in a decade DESPITE

a) A not so good semi-retired QB, and

b) A coach who held back the offense (and maybe Hackett too) to the point where it regressed.

4) An opportunity to bring in a coach that can improve the offense and hopefully develop EJ in a way Marrone & staff couldn't.

5) A GM with the stones to make the bold moves to improve the team

In the words of Aaron Rodgers, "Just Relax". We're getting there. Let the powers that be at OBD do what they do. We'll get to the playoffs next year.

JUST RELAX :thumbsup:

GO BILLS

Edited by BmarvB