Sammy Watkins named finalist for NFL Rookie of the Year

YoloinOhio

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The #BillsMafia @TheBillsMafia 2m2 minutes ago

Congrats to #Bills WR @sammywatkins on being named a finalist for #NFL Rookie of the Year! #BillsMafia http://instagram.com/p/xhqxMtEF-V/

Other 4 finalists:

Teddy Bridgewater

Odell Beckham

Mike Evans

Jeremy Hill

Gee, I wonder which one will finish last.

The ironic thing is that we could have had Hill with our 2nd rounder. I see no reason why we couldn't have traded down our 1st and gotten Bridgewater and Beckum or one of the other very good WRs too. Bridgewater, Hill, & one of the other top WRs from that class is a helluva lot > Watkins. That's what a good front office would have done for us.

Instead they put their faith in Manuel and assumed that Spiller was going to arbitrarly do something he's never done and that Jackson was going to reverse the clock on the aging process.

So here we are, sans a QB, sans a RB, and sans a 1st round pick instead.

Yeah, wonderful. Great that Sammy's a finalist though.

hmm so we could have had the NFL rookie of the year in Beckham Jr plus the #19 pick this year? depressing

Except for this: If Sammy wasn't available, the Bills would have used their pick on Ebron, or so it was reported at the time. So, no rookie of the year candidate this year. But, yeah, they'd have the 19th pick.

Gee, I wonder which one will finish last.

The ironic thing is that we could have had Hill with our 2nd rounder. I see no reason why we couldn't have traded down our 1st and gotten Bridgewater and Beckum or one of the other very good WRs too. Bridgewater, Hill, & one of the other top WRs from that class is a helluva lot > Watkins. That's what a good front office would have done for us.

Instead they put their faith in Manuel and assumed that Spiller was going to arbitrarly do something he's never done and that Jackson was going to reverse the clock on the aging process.

So here we are, sans a QB, sans a RB, and sans a 1st round pick instead.

Yeah, wonderful. Great that Sammy's a finalist though.

We are still awaiting your comments in the Watkins thread comparing his rookie year to other rookie years in the NFL. It was pretty convenient of you to disappear as soon as every started continued making you look foolish.

I figured that I would copy and paste it here:

Watkins rookie year: 65 rec, 982 yards, 6 TDs

Dez Bryant: 45 rec, 561 yards, 6 TD

Calvin Johnson: 48 rec, 756 yards, 4 TD

AJ Green: 65 rec, 1057 yards, 7 TD

Antonio Brown: 16 rec, 167 yards, 0 TD

Julio Jones: 54 rec, 959 yards, 8 TD

Jordy Nelson: 33 rec, 336 yards, 2 TD

Demaryius Thomas: 22 rec, 283 yards, 2 TD

You said that he was "barely a 1st rounder" yet is in the top 5 for offensive rookie of the year. Imagine your thoughts if the Bills would have drafted Calvin Johnson?!? How did you get to be so cluless?

Edited by Kirby Jackson

It's ODB or Hill for sure. I would put it 75% chance ODB and 25% chance Hill.

That said, it's no knock on Sammy, he's going to be great and I think he will be a top 10 WR for years to come with the ability to be a top 3 WR. What he did this year while hurt, playing with a joke of a QB and terrible offensive game plans is pretty impressive.

We are still awaiting your comments in the Watkins thread comparing his rookie year to others in the NFL. It was pretty convenient of you to disappear as soon as every started continued making you look foolish.

You said that he was "barely a 1st rounder" yet is in the top 5 for offensive rookie of the year. How did you get to be so cluless?

Gotta keep up with the JTSPs.

hmm so we could have had the NFL rookie of the year in Beckham Jr plus the #19 pick this year? depressing

If Sammy and ODB swapped places then Sammy would be Rookie of the year and ODB would have had like 700 yards in 12 games playing on this team with this QB and horrible game plans.

So technically you do have the ROY, just was held back by bad coaching and bad QB play

Vote for Sammy!

Unless you are Proteus, then vote 10000x for obj

@buffalobills: Here's who @sammywatkins is up against for @NFL Rookie of the Year, and how to vote: http://t.co/7afh5xTK0Z

I love the Bills and Watkins as much as anybody. I just am not going to pretend any rookie had nearly the year ODB did so I feel better about Whaley.

I am not a giant Homer like 90% of this board.

I love the Bills and Watkins as much as anybody. I just am not going to pretend any rookie had nearly the year ODB did so I feel better about Whaley.

I am not a giant Homer like 90% of this board.

:lol: So, me saying Hill could steal the award is somehow about Whaley? How does that work?

:lol: So, me saying Hill could steal the award is somehow about Whaley? How does that work?

Only homers can advance a consistent argument. Realists like me and Proteus are just too grounded to make any particular sense. Have fun in your ivory tower with your coherency, dreamer!!

i read above that Whaley was supposed to pull off a trade to land Beckham, Bridgewater and Hill.

It's easy to draft 3 of the 5 finalists for ROY, y'all

Edited by YoloinOhio